November W.I.S.H Goals

Sorry I missed a lot of last week. It ended up being a very busy week at work and at home. I did have a few good things happen last week. DS is getting braces and we had the consult to go over everything and the price. When we left we thought that half of the cost would be on us despite having 2 insurances with great amount that they pay. They thought that is a good possibility that that the secondary would deduct the amount the primary pays from what they would pay. The doctor's office worked everything out the next day. Both are paying their portion without any hassles. This means I only have to pay about a 1/4 of the amount owed. It was a very good day.

Also last week I applied for the open managers spot in my department at work. I had the interview on Friday. I was so nervous. I haven't seen mt resume or been on an interview in 10.5 years. I think it all went really good. It was only posted internally and only 2 others applied. One in my department and one in another department. I think it will be between me and the other person in my department. We both have the same knowledge as I have been in the department for 10.5 years and he has been in our department for about 7 but with the company for about 9. We should find out next week. I am off this week and the office is only open today and tomorrow.

On top of all of this basketball for DD and DS started. We had a mishap with DD's basketball. The athletic director at our rec sent out an email that that did not read really good. He made it sound like Girls basketball was cancelled because of not have enough girls. So I signed her up in a different city. Well I found out that it was not cancelled and that it was just the assessment. She was signed up in 2 cities. Thankfully we got a refund from the city that I thought had cancelled it. Then a few days later I got an email from her coach in that city. It was a good friend of hers mom and another good friend was on the team. I feel bad that I pulled her from this league. They now only have 6 kids on the team. It was a bit of a mess. I kept her with the second city because they already started to practice before i found any of this out.

I hope everyone has a great week. I will try and pop on they rest of the week but kids will be off starting Wednesday and we have a busy schedule Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully I will get a minute here or there.

I'm home this week... kind of. My Brother is on-call Thanksgiving so we're having the grand meal there, but my Sister is having some health issues and doesn't feel up to driving here, so Friday/Saturday we're going to the beach to have second Thanksgiving with her. Sorry to say I'm not looking forward to it, because it's more day/nights away from home, but it's important to have the time together.

Next week it's back to N Cal, and I should travel the week after as well but I'm going to say no, because the week after that I head to WDW. I haven't done any trip planning since I initially booked it, not even any FP+, and I'm totally OK with that... it's going to be a relax and just be there kind of trip. And there will be food, good food... my plan for this trip to to try eating in several of the lounges, something I haven't done before.

Hope all are doing well.

I have been crazy busy as well-just got back from a long weekend at the beach yesterday. Today I did my big grocery shopping and will prep a few things-set my table and get the guest room ready for family.
I like checking in here and seeing how everyone is doing-it really does help keep me on track!
Piglet, sending good thoughts re your job! Sounds very promising! Oneanne, enjoy every minute of your trip-warm weather, beautiful decorations, seeing Epcot for the holidays-it just sounds wonderful! Flossbolna, if you’re checking in-don’t you have a trip planned? Safe travels and have fun!

I'm back! Let me start by saying that having two six year olds in the house is great for weight loss--at first! I was so stressed all the time I never ate. Then I was so rushed we started relying on Costco/premade foods. Not so good for weight loss. That and no time for work outs leads to weight gain. I think I am back where I started before they arrived. They have gone back to live with mom. Our nine months turned into two and we are heart broken on many levels!

So tomorrow DS25 and girlfriend invited us to their home for Thanksgiving. It's a four hour drive and we're going to stay there two nights. It's a very strange but nice feeling, this whole role reversal thing. Not really sure what the food situation will be. I'll try to be healthy!

I'll pop back on when we're home again.

Hi Everyone. We have been very busy with many thanksgiving dinners. I also did get some online shopping done too.

@glss1/2fll I know it has to hurt seeing the kids go back to mom. My sister was a foster mom to different kids over the years. It is always hard to see them go. Hopefully will still be able to see the kids. I am sure you made a difference in their lives.

@piglet1979 thank you for the kind words :cutie:

So, not exactly healthy eating this weekend! DS and girlfriend did a lovely job. She had to work Friday and Saturday morning so we didn't see too much of her. :( It was perfectly relaxing and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The guys all went shopping Friday (and DS came home with a TV) while I thoroughly relaxed just reading my book on the couch.

This morning since we were home I stepped on the scale. Yup, right back where I started two months ago! I haven't helped things today with all the Harry and David Moose Munch I've been eating. It is so delicous and addictive. Tomorrow is a new day and I am planning to play pickleball in the morning before work and go to yoga after work. First step in getting back on track!

Good afternoon. It is my first day back at work after being off a week. It was a rough morning but I did finally step on the scale and i have lost a pound this month. My mom did not help with this though. She is usually on my about my weight but when we were over her house on Wednesday last week (kids helped clean her house and rake the leaves) she was a bad influence. As soon as the kids went out to rake the leaves she hands me a full size (not snack or bit size) candy bar, then later tried to give me some other junk food then when I saw the fritos I said they look good and she was going to open them for me. I told her know I had enough junk and she said to me "Tis the season". I don't know what got into her. I am hoping to still do good thought December and be down a pound or so and then crank it into gear in January.

Grrr. Here I am all ready to jump back into exercise and the stupid gym is closed! They had a small fire on the roof and things are a bit of a mess from that. The good news is noone was hurt because it happened in the middle of the night. What did I do when I got a text about it just as I was leaving the house? Removed my shoes and crawled back into bed! And did I do anything even remotely physical today? Nope! Got 8400 steps in, so not a total sloth! Tomorrow's a new day. Fingers crossed I'll be more active!

Grrr. Here I am all ready to jump back into exercise and the stupid gym is closed! They had a small fire on the roof and things are a bit of a mess from that. The good news is noone was hurt because it happened in the middle of the night. What did I do when I got a text about it just as I was leaving the house? Removed my shoes and crawled back into bed! And did I do anything even remotely physical today? Nope! Got 8400 steps in, so not a total sloth! Tomorrow's a new day. Fingers crossed I'll be more active!

I am glad that know one was hurt but it does stink that your place to work will be closed for a some time. Think positive, you got a good amount of steps in. How long with the rec be closed?

I am going to give my woohoo for tomorrow today. I got the promotion. I am so excited. I can't talk about it at work yet as it has not been announced. That part stinks.

Yesterday I also walked in the afternoon at the track at DD's basketball practice. I will do the same tonight at DS's practice.

I am going to give my woohoo for tomorrow today. I got the promotion. I am so excited. I can't talk about it at work yet as it has not been announced. That part stinks.

Yesterday I also walked in the afternoon at the track at DD's basketball practice. I will do the same tonight at DS's practice.
Congratulations!

Slowly getting back into my pre Thanksgiving routines-I want to weigh in next Tuesday at WW. It’s so easy for me to put off walking when it’s cold and windy. Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day-cold but it felt good to get moving.
Looks like rain all weekend so I better get out today.
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
I can’t do December-I’m retired, so you would think I would be more organized for Christmas-but I’m still running around at the last minute! But I will do January :)
Even if we don’t have a host for December, I hope we can still check in with each other!

Thank you Everyone. I still can't really talk about it at work yet. Only my department knows know. it is driving me nuts. Hopefully the announcement will go out by Monday.

I can’t do December-I’m retired, so you would think I would be more organized for Christmas-but I’m still running around at the last minute! But I will do January :)
Even if we don’t have a host for December, I hope we can still check in with each other!

I can't do December either. I am off the second half of the month but the amount of running around and parties I will need to go to keeps me really busy. If I don't hear from anyone by tomorrow, I will create a new month and we can all just check in with each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter