Novotel Shanghai Clover Hotel vs Courtyard by Marriott Shanghai International Tourism and Resorts Zo

npoon

Mouseketeer
Can't decide which hotel to book, novotel or the courtyard by marriott. any opinions about either would be welcome. thanks

I had recently booked Novotel based on someone here, via hotels.com for slightly cheaper than Novotel direct - I think something like $77 per before taxes. I haven't done much research and I probably need to ask some general questions here, but I've heard that Marriott is closer, but at least on Hotels.com it was something like $110ish (at that point I was going to just pay for Toy Story for $125ish and potentially be able to walk to the park, have the faster guest entrance through the downtown area). Novotel has bus shuttle to airport (no pickup from airport), and several times of drop off and pick up from park for free, including before park opens. Photos of the lobby and rooms look contemporary/nice, there's a pool, workout area, approx. $12 breakfast buffet, and heard there's some English speaking help there. The park drop off is near the Toy Story parking lot which is bit of a walk from what I've heard but not horrible. There were lots of much cheaper off site rates in the $30s to $70s that even included breakfast and shuttle, but I was leery of the distance/quality of hotel/and I wanted several times for the shuttle. If you decide to book via hotels.com for the small discount... and 10th night is free for hotels.com, ebay seller SVMgiftcards currently sells hotels.com $100 giftcards for $90 (limit 2 per person, can use spouse acct for 2 more). Hope that helps.

I've stayed at the Courtyard in February and liked it (my parents have gold status with Marriott though so I'm not sure if the room was an upgrade).

If you've ever stayed at Courtyard in Asia, it's pretty standard and nicer than Courtyard in the US. There are free shuttles to the airport, Disneyland and the subway station. I don't know how much the breakfast buffet costs because it's free for gold status but it's very nice with both Asian and Western options such as a Chinese noodle bar next to the omelette station. It is a bit of a walk from the subway station (or a cheap taxi ride) and there isn't much around it. Still, I think it's an excellent hotel for the price.

Just looking at the Novotel online, I think it may have a slightly better view but Courtyard may have slightly better rooms. I don't think there was a pool but I remember seeing lemonade and tea available in the lobby for free when I got back from Disneyland.

We have stayed at Novotel and we like it. It has cool decor, nice clean rooms, free shuttle to park and airport. It's also close to the subway station. I would stay there again if there is a next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter