Now I’m just curious...

Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
Spinoff from another thread

Have you ever shared a room w another family/friends (or your own) where someone used the dining plan credits not according to plan? The spinoff thread was 2 families shared a 2br DVC villa and previously one person used the bulk of the snack credits themselves

So now the nosy/curious part

Has anyone been in a similar situation? How did you handle?

We have always traveled with extended family and have pooled credits in one way or another. The last trip was 7 people in a 2 bdrm villa, regular dining plan.

No matter the trip, we have family dynamics in play so I discuss what is available for each person, and how many snack, TS or CS credits they each have. We have never had an issue, and I am not at all sure that is because they all can count. LOL> I plan teh TS meals in advance, and since we tend to share CS meals there are always more than we think we need, so those are not an issue.

The snacks are the only area that could be problematic because there are just 2 per day, but I tell them how many all together they can "spend" and that anything else is OOP. I htink that no one wants me to go all "Nana" on them so they are usually more conservative than not.

I saw that post too, and thought that I would never want to travel with selfish people who would take more than their fair share of anything,

I saw that post too, and thought that I would never want to travel with selfish people who would take more than their fair share of anything,

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a selfish person, but someone who had no idea how the plans work. They thought their credits were all they had and the system would stop allowing them to purchase once their credits were used up. They didn't know the whole room's credits were "loaded" to each magic band.

We've never traveled with other families, but we did have a similar situation come up when my daughter last year. She was scanning her magic band every time she wanted a soda or snack. I think she burned through 3 days worth of credits on day two! I had to remind her that I was tracking credits, and if she ran out, she would either have to ask to use ours or reimburse us for stolen credits. I didn't care if she used them, nor did I really care if she used mine, but it was about respect and not taking what wasn't hers without asking first... I think it's important that everyone on a shared plan understands how the plan works before entering any of the parks.

If I remember correctly, it wasn't a selfish person, but someone who had no idea how the plans work. They thought their credits were all they had and the system would stop allowing them to purchase once their credits were used up. They didn't know the whole room's credits were "loaded" to each magic band.
My mistake. I’m sorry.

LOL, different but this reminds me of the time my dad went to check out of our cottage and they let him know there was a credit at the tuck shop that needed to be paid first. Found out my 7yo brother had heard someone in front of him say, 'please add this to my credit' and found out he could do the same! Sweet baby bro at his way through almost $30 worth of candy that trip and we were none the wiser until checkout day! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!