Nursing Mom/Baby Care Centers

AGAINWDW

Earning My Ears
I am a nursing Mom who is going to WDW w/DH w/out kids and will need to "express" during our days in the park. Does anyone know where the baby centers are? Do these baby centers have private areas with electicity for this? DH and I have been to WDW many times but have not been when our kids were this young. I hesitated going with out our 3yr DD and 4mo DS but DH and I need R&R. No better place than WDW!!

:cool:

In the MK the baby center is part of the Main St. area, it's in a little alcove between Casey's hot dogs and Crystal Palace.

In Epcot it is in Future World, part of the Odyssey pavilion out towards Mexico.

I never used the one in MGM, but I'm sure it exists. And the one in Animal Kingdom is fantastic. It's just before the bridge to Africa, it has wonderful private nursing rooms.

I would assume they all have electrical outlets, I recall floor lamps in the MK and Epcot nursing rooms. The rooms are quiet and fairly dark, very peaceful and relaxing.

Happy travels. :)

If there aren't any electrical outlets, you could pump in the medical centers. It wouldn't be as cozy, but I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help you. They'd probably also hold your pump for you until you needed it and store the milk in the fridge if you're keeping it.

The Baby care centre at MGM is right inside the main entrance it is in the same building as guest services. Inside the doors to left of the desk. Or at least that where it was 3 years ago when I used it. All the baby care centres have microwaves so the must have outlets but I don't know if they are very private!!:rolleyes:

We took our 9 month old to WDW this past Dec and LOVED the baby care stations. We didn't use them too much for nursing, I am used to doing it any place and lost all modesty during child brith!!!!! They were very useful when you needed a quite place to get the kid to focus and relax.

MK, has one quite room with rocking chairs and a sign for "only nursing mothers." There was plugs in there, but it wasn't private, others mother can come in at any time.

Animal Kingdom has private rooms, with electraial plugs. That should be every good for it.

Epcot. I belive has private rooms also.

Never made it to MGM.

Keep in mind that when you enter the parks they are now looking into all bags and electrontics. Unknowing males may give you some strange looks and even a hard time. Try to get the female staff to inspect the pump bag.

Disney does a great job helping familes. Call guest services a head of time, they might even have pumps there.

Have a great trip!!!!!!!!

First of all ... Welcome to DIS!

People have given you some great advice about finding somewhere to pump. I'm here to give you the advice you don't want to hear:

Bring your children!

I brought my DD at 4 month old to WDW for NYE 99/00 and she nursed exclusively. I could not imagine being away from her. My breasts could not have handled it :). My DD did not eat from a bottle well and would have been hungry and cranky without me. Plus, the memories that I have with my 4 month old DD at WDW are ... priceless. I had been to WDW many times before and have been back many times since. The is just something magic about the character interaction with a young baby that I am soooo glad we were able to experience.

Plus ... I guarantee you ... you will see a young baby the same age as your DS or an excited toddler the same age as you DD and you will cry. I had it happen to me that first trip with my DD. A woman stopped me, admired my DD and started to cry because her friends convinced her that a "girls only" trip was in order 4 months after giving birth to her son.

If you want some kid-free R&R, IMO, WDW is not the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter