NYE Cocoa Beach or Orlando off-site?

CdnMom2

DIS Veteran
We (2A, 4C) are planning a trip to Florida Dec 27 to Jan 12 (including 2 1/2 days each way driving to get there). We figure we'll be on the East Coast somewhere between West Palm Beach and Titusville on New Year's Eve. Sounds like a nice place to ring in the New Year. Oceanview perhaps! Now I'm reading about all these amazing fireworks at WDW that night. We have reservations at the FW campground starting Jan 1. I've heard how busy WDW is on New Year's so we won't be trying to go to the parks for Dec. 31 or Jan 1 at all. But perhaps we should look into getting closer to Orlando for that day (i.e. take the Turnpike directly) so we can view some of this then do a Beach & KSC detour another day.

Where is a good off-site view point/hotel for these fireworks?
Are they this good or should we stay at the ocean. There are some fireworks nightly at WDW right? Perhaps Cocoa Beach etc. do their own fireworks on New Year's Eve?

I know getting a hotel up here for NYEve is not so easy (& increasingly expensive if left too late) so I'm trying to get this figured out & booked way ahead of time. With 4 kids under 13 & Ontario license plates (i.e. the dreaded tourists) we don't want to end up in the party-hearty 'til dawn hotel for the night!

Thanks again to all you helpful DIS experts for any thoughts/opinions/advice and for reading this far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter