*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

As we get closer to the 60 day mark for dining I'm trying to decide on dining for Fantasmic! and if it's something we want to pursue. Admittedly, we are not big nighttime entertainment people... mainly because of the crowd control issues and waiting involved. I know the seated, premium River Belle Terrace has gotten some not-so-great reviews on the views, but honestly it's probably the only way we would see it. Being packed in and sitting on the ground is not my idea of fun -- even with a cushion.

On the other hand, we can use that money and have a lovely dinner at Carthay Circle for my birthday. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

What other places are people going to book for table service?

As we get closer to the 60 day mark for dining I'm trying to decide on dining for Fantasmic! and if it's something we want to pursue. Admittedly, we are not big nighttime entertainment people... mainly because of the crowd control issues and waiting involved. I know the seated, premium River Belle Terrace has gotten some not-so-great reviews on the views, but honestly it's probably the only way we would see it. Being packed in and sitting on the ground is not my idea of fun -- even with a cushion.

On the other hand, we can use that money and have a lovely dinner at Carthay Circle for my birthday. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

we are TWO days away from being able to start booking dining! Unreal, but I have never seen Fantasmic! We are definitely doing a dinner package, I just have to solidify which night. And we are doing the Blue Bayou. The menu look so much better than Riverbelle's and I worry about the view from there, described as more from the side than the front. I think I will book Carnation Cafe for one mornings breakfast...and I'm very interested in the new character breakfast that will be at Storytellers that premieres this summer, with Mickey. I think we will book that breakfast for the day we are leaving, before our drive.

oh! I should add...I would also like to make (if they will be available) reservations to the new Lamplight Lounge in DCA. And i forgot, we will also be booking a WOC dining package for Wine Country Trattoria.

I guess we still have to make our dining reservations one day at a time as each day to book becomes available?
Example: I can’t be exactly 60 days out and make all the dining for all 4-5 days of the trip?
I feel like one time I called I had to take it day by day and once a CM on the phone let me make multiple days reservations.

What’s been your experiences?

I guess we still have to make our dining reservations one day at a time as each day to book becomes available?
Example: I can’t be exactly 60 days out and make all the dining for all 4-5 days of the trip?
I feel like one time I called I had to take it day by day and once a CM on the phone let me make multiple days reservations.

What’s been your experiences?

In order for us to book August 4th, I had to wait until today. You won't have any problems booking all your reservations once the days all become available.

In order for us to book August 4th, I had to wait until today. You won't have any problems booking all your reservations once the days all become available.
right, but for our trip with park days being the 6,7,8 and 9 I'd have to wait until 60 days out from the last date of august 9th to book them all at once. right?

we are TWO days away from being able to start booking dining! Unreal, but I have never seen Fantasmic! We are definitely doing a dinner package, I just have to solidify which night. And we are doing the Blue Bayou. The menu look so much better than Riverbelle's and I worry about the view from there, described as more from the side than the front. I think I will book Carnation Cafe for one mornings breakfast...and I'm very interested in the new character breakfast that will be at Storytellers that premieres this summer, with Mickey. I think we will book that breakfast for the day we are leaving, before our drive.

I agree the menu for Blue Bayou looks so much better than River Belle -- which is another reason I'm on the fence about booking the premium River Belle dining for F!.

The Storytellers breakfast with Mickey sounds really cool! Part of the reason I never did it before was the characters they had before didn't really appeal to us.

oh! I should add...I would also like to make (if they will be available) reservations to the new Lamplight Lounge in DCA. And i forgot, we will also be booking a WOC dining package for Wine Country Trattoria.

Yes! Thank you for reminding me about Lamplight Lounge. I will definitely be making reservations for that.

right, but for our trip with park days being the 6,7,8 and 9 I'd have to wait until 60 days out from the last date of august 9th to book them all at once. right?

Yes. You can do them as they come available, but that might get confusing. If you wait until the 10th, just book all at once. I think you will find most times and days will be wide open, unless you are trying to book a special meal/event. :)

I'm quite excited about this upcoming trip!!! 61 days according to the countdown on my app! :cheer2:

This trip is a complete surprise for my daughter! She won't know we are going until we are THERE! And every time we go to Disneyland after arriving she asks when we are going in and the answer is always "tomorrow morning". This time the answer is going to be "RIGHT NOW!!!!". I can't wait to see her face. It's going to be so magical!:wizard:

I totally understand about the night time crowds etc.. I have a hard time waiting in line for to long.. We have enjoyed the Blue Bayou package though. I have never had to wait to long before going in and at least having the mat to sit on is better than the ground or having to stand to watch Fantasmic. I am going to splurge on this again this trip because it is my birthday and I get to decide what we are doing hehe..

I have enjoyed the WOC Dessert package too, that is a little pricey too but being able to sit in a chair to watch the show was worth it for us. My feet loved me for it..

I'm on the fence for other reservations too... I think we will do Tortilla Joes for my actual birthday, and I am leaning towards Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans...

I would also like to take our friends to Trader sams and The lounge at Carthay Circle for snacks and a drink...

I'm on the fence for other reservations too... I think we will do Tortilla Joes for my actual birthday, and I am leaning towards Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans...

I would also like to take our friends to Trader sams and The lounge at Carthay Circle for snacks and a drink...

Oooo! When is your birthday? Mine is the 25th :-)

Carthay Lounge is a favorite of mine. I LOVE their blue cheese martinis and the atmosphere is amazing and so classy. :lovestruc

We are doing the BB Fantasmic dining package. Before they started FP for fantasmic, we used to always camp out before the show with a blanket on the ground, and take turns going to ride rides, so we have no problem sitting on the ground. It is our absolute favorite show. I was super disappointed when the started FP, and making everyone stand. There is no way I would have the stamina to stand there forever with kids, and then have them not even be able to see because everyone is standing. So I am super excited that we will be able to sit on the ground, and my Mom can sit on her scooter. I won't even consider doing WOC unless we can do a dessert package, (Out of our budget this trip) or if they possibly open up a dining package for the Lamplight lounge. We have just never been able to get a good view without camping out for hours.

We are doing the BB Fantasmic dining package. Before they started FP for fantasmic, we used to always camp out before the show with a blanket on the ground, and take turns going to ride rides, so we have no problem sitting on the ground. It is our absolute favorite show. I was super disappointed when the started FP, and making everyone stand. There is no way I would have the stamina to stand there forever with kids, and then have them not even be able to see because everyone is standing. So I am super excited that we will be able to sit on the ground, and my Mom can sit on her scooter. I won't even consider doing WOC unless we can do a dessert package, (Out of our budget this trip) or if they possibly open up a dining package for the Lamplight lounge. We have just never been able to get a good view without camping out for hours.

I have been wondering about lamplight as well... Curious if they will keep it like it was with the lounge up top as the lounge with no reservations and the underneath old Ariels as reservations..

Hi all!

I'm counting down to making my dining reservations 60 days out soon, soo excited!
My dates are August 10 to August 18.

Originally I was planning on doing MM on my first park day on 8/11 (Saturday), which is a blockout date for Deluxe passholders and I'll have the most energy!

However, I just realized that Saturday summer hours seem to be 9AM-12AM instead of 8AM-12AM on weekdays. So MM starts at 8AM, and I'm worried that more people will show up on Saturday morning because park opening is later.

Should I use my MM on Tuesday 8/14 instead? It's not a blockout date but MM will be at 7AM and the Crowd Calendar says that it's "It Alright" and that it's a "best bet".

What would you personally do?

Hi all!

I'm counting down to making my dining reservations 60 days out soon, soo excited!
My dates are August 10 to August 18.

Originally I was planning on doing MM on my first park day on 8/11 (Saturday), which is a blockout date for Deluxe passholders and I'll have the most energy!

However, I just realized that Saturday summer hours seem to be 9AM-12AM instead of 8AM-12AM on weekdays. So MM starts at 8AM, and I'm worried that more people will show up on Saturday morning because park opening is later.

Should I use my MM on Tuesday 8/14 instead? It's not a blockout date but MM will be at 7AM and the Crowd Calendar says that it's "It Alright" and that it's a "best bet".

What would you personally do?
I would do MM on Tuesday 8/14 at 7am. I've found 7am MM to be the most bang for your buck since fewer people can make it that early.

Anyone me have an idea what the schedule of events and hours will be Wednesday 8/15 through Sunday 8/19?
I think we still have about a month to go before the info is released for those dates. They've only released up to July 18th at this point.

Well, the Lamplight lounge is up for reservations, but don't see anyWOC packages. :sad: The menu isn't available yet either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts