*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

I booked for a dinner reservation. Depending on the menu, we will decide later if it will be a true dinner, or just drinks and appetizers! :)

I booked for a dinner reservation. Depending on the menu, we will decide later if it will be a true dinner, or just drinks and appetizers! :)
From the drawings it seems that there could be a view from the seats for WOC, have you read anything about that?

:thanks: @Dizzy4DL - First, thank you so much for hosting this thread! :thumbsup2

FoxC63 8/12-8/15 Fairfield Inn / Me (DW), DH & DS14

First timers to DL. DS will be turning 15yrs old on the first day we visit the parks! WDW Vets so we welcome the breath of fresh air and new experience! We'll be in S. Cali. for two weeks checking out other destinations!

I would do MM on Tuesday 8/14 at 7am. I've found 7am MM to be the most bang for your buck since fewer people can make it that early.

I'm tempted!
Maybe I'll do DCA on Saturday as my first day in the parks and rest up on Monday to prep for my MM at DL on Tuesday :O
The only bummer is that Tuesday is not a block out date. Since 7AM is earlier, I guess locals won't make it there that early either?
I'm worried that locals will go in on the weekdays to get some park fun in before school starts! I'm conflicted!

I'm tempted!
Maybe I'll do DCA on Saturday as my first day in the parks and rest up on Monday to prep for my MM at DL on Tuesday :O
The only bummer is that Tuesday is not a block out date. Since 7AM is earlier, I guess locals won't make it there that early either?
I'm worried that locals will go in on the weekdays to get some park fun in before school starts! I'm conflicted!
Since it's MM, locals would only be able to go if they stay onsite (and have EMH). Annual passes are not eligible for MM otherwise, so I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect. If given the choice to use my MM on either a 7am entry or an 8am, I'd use the 7am option since some folks just can't make it that early. Just my 2 cents. :-)

Last edited:
Since it's MM, locals would only be able to go if they stay onsite (and have EMH). Annual passes are not eligible for MM otherwise, so I wouldn't worry too much about that aspect. If given the choice to use my MM on either a 7am entry or an 8am, I'd use the 7am option since some folks just can't make it that early. Just my 2 cents. :-)

Thanks! I'm really leaning towards MM on Tuesday now just to maximize my time in the park! :)

Here it is: Younger guests can choose between Chicken (grilled tenders) [$10.00], a PB and J Roll [$8.00], Burger Slider [$10.00], or Pasta [$10.00] with cheese sauce. All are served with hummus, fresh veggies and fruit.

Newbie here - WDW Vet

Is there an August calendar available for the parks maybe on a bloggers site like there are for WDW?

Even though I like this lax planning vibe DL has going on it's a bit unnerving not knowing what's available and when, especially when family members are expecting you to know it all. :crazy2:

EDIT: I found something helpful but does not include park hours...
Link: http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/park-hours.cfm?month=8&year=2018

We have our ADRs done. A BB F! package, and the new Mickeys character breakfast at GCH. I am considering the lamplight although when I talked to the CM she said the ADRs are only for downstairs (ariels) and the upper deck are still walk ins. I am interested in the what the view will be like, because the prices are quite high. Also a side note, I asked if the character dining packages include tax and tip, and it does! That was nice to hear. I was never told that in January and I tipped the waitress at Goofys a normal tip.

We have our ADRs done. A BB F! package, and the new Mickeys character breakfast at GCH. I am considering the lamplight although when I talked to the CM she said the ADRs are only for downstairs (ariels) and the upper deck are still walk ins. I am interested in the what the view will be like, because the prices are quite high. Also a side note, I asked if the character dining packages include tax and tip, and it does! That was nice to hear. I was never told that in January and I tipped the waitress at Goofys a normal tip.

I was wondering about that, if it would be set up the same way with the downstairs offering ADRs and the upstairs being first come.. I never made it to the cove bar :( Always thought about going but then the lines were to long etc..

I added another ADR in. My sister just got back and had done the PTN CC package...she talked me into it. I’ve never eaten there and the premium seating sounded so great for my favorite parade. I feel like this budget trip has now gotten out of control. Oops. At least I can cancel if I need to.

I think so... what I am reading is that the downstairs is used for reservations, and upstairs is for walk-ins. BUT, I have no idea if this is true or not. :)

My daughter and I will be going for a super quick trip aug 8th and 9th. We fly down late on the 7th and will do the parks on the 8th and 9th and fly home super early on the 10th. We used to go in the summer all the time and always usually in June. I think I have only been in July a few times and when my kids were young. We like to go right after school gets out when it is usually not quite as hot yet. Still get the June gloom in the beginning of the month. I think we have only been in Aug 1 time and that was 2 years ago when again we had a fluke and went for just a few days the end of August. Same deal this time. We had a big trip planned for this summer and had to cancel so just using up some air credits. My daughter graduated in June and is already taking summer college courses so between college and her jobs she prob won't be able to take any trips with us for a long time so I am glad we are getting this one in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter