*o* August Check-In Thread *o*

Oh and we are staying at Dessert Inn and we are doing the BB F! package and also trying the lamplight lounge for lunch. We were there in March for Food and Wine and I wasn't planning on going back till Oct so was going to miss all of Pixar Fest but I am super excited to be able to see that and all the new stuff that is going on.

Going from 8/16 - 8/20. Coming off a cruise in Long Beach and heading over.

Looking at the Grand Californian. My DD11 has never been, my DD16 was only there when she was 17 months old.

Probably have a lot of planning left to do, but we have to book it first!

I live in Georgia so the Heat won’t bother me much. It’s way more humid out here.

I’m mad that BTMR more than likely will be down when I go. It was down at WDW the last time I went. That’s like my favorite ride. I just hope RSR or any of the other exclusive DL rides are not being refurbished during my trip.

July 16-TBD. Who knows how long that could be.

As far as I know it is supposed to be back up and running starting with 28th July (at least the Disney schedule says so and if I recall correctly someone in another thread asked a CM about it and got a similar date...)

But I just saw „new“ refurbishments for Pinocchio and Matterhorn bobsled starting at July 30...( tbd)

As far as I know it is supposed to be back up and running starting with 28th July (at least the Disney schedule says so and if I recall correctly someone in another thread asked a CM about it and got a similar date...)

But I just saw „new“ refurbishments for Pinocchio and Matterhorn bobsled starting at July 30...( tbd)
That's a bummer about matterhorn! We will be there August 2nd-4th & will probably miss it!

Noooooo :sad2: I know refurbs need to be done, but but but lol

On a good note I get to start making meal reservations in a few days so that makes me feel like our trip is a little closer... It is so weird because I have all my meals booked for our disneyworld trip in December.. yet here I wait to book Disneyland for August :confused3

My daughter graduated in June and is already taking summer college courses so between college and her jobs she prob won't be able to take any trips with us for a long time so I am glad we are getting this one in.

Happy you're able to get this done. I am not looking forward to this when our son graduates. :sad1: He's our's for at least three more years woof! is it going fast!

Do you have a link please, I've been staying on top of the refurbishment list and have not this posted. Thank you so much!

July 16-TBD. Who knows how long that could be.

App says it will be back the 27th.

Do you have a link please, I've been staying on top of the refurbishment list and have not this posted. Thank you so much!

If you go to the attraction home page and put in the hours open, it says no times available for the 30th and 31st. The app only goes to July 29th, but tomorrow the 30th should appear, and that should show the ride closures officially.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/pinocchios-daring-journey/
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/matterhorn-bobsleds/

And the Bobsleds page say its closed until Fall 2018

Last edited:
We will be at dlh Aug 12 to 15. Super excited as we are wdw vets but this is a once in a lifetime trip from PA for us. My daughters will be devastated to hear matterhorn will be down as this was at the top of their bucket list. Ugh. I understand refurbs are necessary but this one hurts!

We will be at dlh Aug 12 to 15. Super excited as we are wdw vets but this is a once in a lifetime trip from PA for us. My daughters will be devastated to hear matterhorn will be down as this was at the top of their bucket list. Ugh. I understand refurbs are necessary but this one hurts!

The page says Fall 2018 so it will be closed when you are here. I am sorry :( I am confused though, the ride was shut down fir six months only three years ago, so I wonder what they could be doing now.

The page says Fall 2018 so it will be closed when you are here. I am sorry :( I am confused though, the ride was shut down fir six months only three years ago, so I wonder what they could be doing now.

Oh no :guilty:
I was hoping for a quick refurbishment for a week or so like all the others recently. But closed till fall is a real bummer.:sad2:

Well we just switched to GC, took advantage of the new Summer discount that came out today and saved $600!

Heading to Disneyland with me niece the 14th to the 18th. Its a budget trip so we are offsite at the Courtyard Marriott Anaheim Resort. We have everything booked except ground transportation from LAX. We are so excited!

No!!!!! I’m a chicken so I was so so about going on Matterhorn but not Pinocchio. Unless it’s a quick refurb it will be down when I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter