Oahu Go Card

aulanidreamer

Mouseketeer
Anyone bought these and have any thoughts on them? I am specifically looking at the one costco sells. My kids are really interested in the dolphin experience, and am thinking they might enjoy Kualoa Ranch if it is included anyway. Is this card useful or more of a waste. Part of me worries we will feel pressured to do more instead if hanging out on the beach. We do have a few days on the east side of the island before going to Aulani.

I went back and forth on this but in the end decided against it. I feared that I would become so obsessed with getting my money's worth that I wouldn't have time to relax. We did get the entertainment book and from what I've heard there are lots of places with brochures that provide discounts to may tourist places. If I was going for longer than a week I would probably have bought it but I really don't want to have any straight out sort of days. We leave in 11 days.

I went back and forth on this but in the end decided against it. I feared that I would become so obsessed with getting my money's worth that I wouldn't have time to relax. We did get the entertainment book and from what I've heard there are lots of places with brochures that provide discounts to may tourist places. If I was going for longer than a week I would probably have bought it but I really don't want to have any straight out sort of days. We leave in 11 days.

That is what I am afraid of, although the dolphin experience isn't much less by itself. Thanks for your input. I definitely don't want to over schedule our time there.

I'm planning on buying the Go Oahu card through Costco for when my fiance and I are staying at Aulani for our honeymoon in August. I've never used it on Oahu, but I have used it in Los Angeles and similar ones in Orlando and Philadelphia. For us, it makes sense since I'm a planner and I love having an itinerary and knowing what I'm doing each day. The way I figured it was, although it's a 4 day card, even if I used it only 3 days, it's still cheaper than the 3 day card on the Go Destinations website. AND since it has the Germaine's Luau feature added now (which is something we wanted to do anyway), it becomes more cost effective. That's just my two cents. It has a lot of "attractions" that we want to see, and having it "prepaid" with the Go Card makes it easier too. I'm not so worried with the not being able to spend time at the beach or the pool since we're there for a week and we'll have spent 5 days on Maui before coming to Aulani....and we're planning on going back in 2018 for my mom's 59 1/2 birthday.

All in all, I think it's worth it, but you have to decide if it's worth it for your family. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!

We bought this card. Here are my thoughts. First, the place that is listed that is near the Aulani was not open the three times that we went to get the card. Had to drive into Honolulu which I really didn't want to do. It is true, once you get the card you tend to plan your trip around it. I'd say it was a fair value saving us a bit. Many of the locations to use the card a really glorified tourist traps though. I loved the Kualoa Ranch and it was good there. Disliked the Poly. cultural Center. But it paid that fare as well. Dole pineapple plantation was overblown so was glad I didn't out of pocket that. The Luau that is included is fun but VERY out of the way and I would have liked to try one of the Ko Olina venues more. It covered everything at Pearl Harbor so that was nice as well. Overall, it was convenient and I probably saved a bit of money but I won't be buying it again for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter