Oak Plantation Villas By Vistana

cem

Earning My Ears
Hi. Has anyone stayed at the Oak Plantation Villas By Vistana in Kissimmee? Rates on Hotel Kingdom look very appealing but I can't find any comments or reviews on the discussion boards. Thanks!

We arrived a day early for our Dolphin reservation last year and tried to get a place there for one night. The property and office were very pretty, the people at the desk very friendly but they were sold out with a long line of people waiting to check in. We ended up at the Sheraton (Starwood) Safari which was nice.

Haven't stayed there yet. We will be there March 2nd to the 9th though. Before you book through hotel kingdom check the entertainment rate with them directly. We got a rate of 52.50 a night for a one bedroom. From what I have read, they have two size one bedrooms, we asked for the larger size. I think the smaller size was 48.50 entertainment rate. Last I checked, the search function still isn't working, but I read good reviews on the property prior to booking. I think mouseplanet has a review too.

Not sure how or why I think there is a connection but I "think" plantation is somehow a part of Starwood so I would SURE hand them by Starwood card at check in and give the number to the reservationist.

stayed there in Sep.99 and Dec.99 for a week each time. Stayed in the "larger" 1 bedroom both times. They have a very nice pool area with a nice area for little ones--lots of pipes and sprays with water coming out. It was affiliated with Hampton when we stayed there. It is now a Sheraton property as other poster mentioned. We know our way around the Disney area and enjoyed both our stays there. We are DVC members and did not feel like we were somehow "suffering" at this resort off-site. At the time of our stays the area was not as busy as some other times so we had very little trouble bouncing back and forth for our little one's (at the time, only one) naps. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to try and answer.

I have a couple of questions. How far was the drive. I heard it was about 20 minutes which really does not bother us because it is just enough time for DDs to fall asleep in the car. With it not being a large hotel we will be able to carry them in asleep. From what I can gather, it would be quickest to take 535 to MK and epcot and 192 to MGM and AK? Am I right about that? We also requested a room near the pool or jacuzzi so when DDs are sleeping Dad and I could maybe sit outside with a baby monitor on in case they wake up. Any possibility that idea may pan out? Did the rooms have an oven and cooking utensils? I also understand the rooms aren't as luxurious as more expensive accomadations are, but I have been told they are quite adequate. As long as they are clean and not run down, we are happy. The price we got is right in our budget, and we are really hoping to be pleased with our choice. We go 15 minutes for milk at home, so the drive to the parks does not concern us too much. I am hoping DH will be much happier in a place like this rather than a large hotel with many floors. He loves Disney, but I am sure pretty sure he will enjoy being able to get a way for a bit too. Thanks for any info you are able to provide.

The drive from the resort to the parking lots of the various parks was about 15 to 20 minutes. It does not seem very long because you are moving fairly quickly. The resort is basically laid out like a series of 2 story apartment/condo buildings with about 4 to 8 units per building. Bear with me I am doing this going back 6 vacations ago. I would suggest that the best way to get to Disney property is to go down 192 about 4 miles till you get to the 535 turn on your right. You take that for about 3 miles until it intersects with 536. You turn left onto 536 and you are on Disney property in about 2 1/2 miles coming into the Epcot area. You can then just follow all of the Disney signs to MGM, MK, and Epcot. You will be using the back entrance to MGM. This is much quicker than going down 192. To get to the AK you can go the same way and just follow the signs or while on 535 look for the Osceloa Pkwy (this is toll road, will cost you all of 50 cents and zip down this following the signs to the AK. This may sound complicated but trust me it is not. We know our way around the area quite well and moving about the roadway system surrounding WDW is fairly easy. 192 construction is over or it appears to be but there is really very little reason to travel all the way down 192 with all of its traffic lights. We only had 1 child when we were there (one was on the way) and he had just turned 2 and was about 26 months the second time. We went back and forth for his naps. We were right next to one of the pool gates on the ground floor on our September trip and were on the second floor right behind the kids water spray area for the December trip. The 2nd location was much quieter. We could hear the pool gate slamming up till about 11:00 pm and sometimes the volleyball games in the pool were a bit loud. The resort was much more crowded during our September stay because we were there over Labor Day weekend. Our second stay was in the first week of December, both in '99. The jacuzzi overlooks the lake and is in the center area of the pool. A baby monitor would still be okay if you were in a building near the pool. We didn't request anything in particular, just took what they gave us. We did not cook using the oven. There is one and there were utensils but I honestly don't remember the details. We used the fridge and microwave. The washer and dryer were most useful, also. My take on this property is that it was originally an condo community and became a timeshare property later. We found it to be a 7 or 8. It was in good repair. The grounds are fairly neat. We felt as though the units that we had were clean. My memory is that the sofa in the 1 bedroom makes a sofa and the bed in the unit is a king. Not sure of your sleeping set-up with DDs. Our son slept in his pack and play the time we drove and I think that the resort provided a crib for our September trip that we flew down for. We really enjoyed the pool area of this resort. It is also much better than having a 4 wall hotel room. We love the Disney moderates but we would stay here instead of a moderate in most instances. We own at the DVC and are used to nice accomodations. I think that you will find the extra room, the washer n dryer, the nice pool area and the fairly short trip to the parks, along with your excellent rate, a great bargain. You guys should have a very nice time at this resort. It is not the same as staying in a Disney resort with the bus service. But with EE gone, we stayed at OKW in October and really did miss it (EE) with our now 2 kids. I am rambling abit but feel free to ask anymore questions. One other thing, we enjoy dining off-site and staying away from Disney makes this much easier and helps keep dining costs down. We just returned from VV after a 10 night stay in late in January and it was also great.

Thank you very much. I appreciate all the info and was wondering about Osceola Parkway (however you spell it). We have really taken the time to familiarize ourselves with the maps of the area. I think we will enjoy it too. We have 4 or 5 days of Disney, two half days at seaworld, and two days off planned. I think this is our best bet for the money. Thanks again and enjoy your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter