Oasis of the Seas - Is it Really THAT Bad????

We loved going on the Oasis of the Seas. We went on the Majesty of the Seas prior to that and have done Disney and Carnival as well. So going from the smallest, oldest ship to one of the largest ships, we probably overlooked issues. We did have a minor issue with our rooms lights, I feel like there was a short in one of them, but we were in a junior suite on the hump and when in the room, we were usually on the balcony. Our only major issue on the boat which wouldn't pertain to you was in the Adventure Ocean. I feel the issue would have been on any cruise line, because my son is severe ADHD and they are now testing for possible autism, so until we get a handle on it, it makes it hard to let staff know how to handle him.
I will definitely check out your blog! Thanks!

We are all booked for the shows except for Cats. We will play that one by ear. Lol! DH doesn’t want to commit to that show. :rolleyes1

We only made it through to the intermission for Cats and decided it was not for us. It was not a bad production, it just wasn't our thing. We liked the aqua show, but it tends to get cancelled easily due to winds or shortened due to technical difficulties. Our favorite, including my son's favorite, was Come Fly With Me. He keeps asking about the show and I feel he will be disappointed in the shows in our upcoming Adventure of the Seas cruise.

We were on in November ... had no major complaints. Had a deck 10 mini-suite ....

altho it did convince use that the mega-ships are not our thing

we're booked for Viking Ocean next .... small ship cruising is our cup of tea now ...
Out of curiosity...why do you day that the Mega-Ships aren't your thing? I haven't been on one but that is something I really want to try.

Okay -- its me and I'm back. Soooo over on cruise critic I am reading some not too favorable reviews about the Lady O. They are making me really nervous. It is way too late to back out of this cruise now. We are determined to go with a positive attitude. It is our 25th anniversary after all. We will be spending 4 days at the Grand Floridian beforehand so know we will be off to a great start and we will be together so all will be wonderful. No doubt. But when I read about elevators not working properly, bad food, worn out rooms and now "scheduled" maintenance where water is shut off during the night - and all from people that are just off the ship, it is hard to overlook.

Our Disney cruise was such a wonderful experience. I know the Oasis is due for dry dock next year, right? We are not overly picky. Just want to be sure we are going to have a nice experience. I only picked this ship because it sails out of Port Canaveral it is my comfort zone. Now I wish we were sailing on Harmony since it is newer. This is such a first world problem though. We are sailing concierge level on a mega ship - I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience - because we are going to with a positive attitude and make lemonade from any lemons that come our way!

Okay -- its me and I'm back. Soooo over on cruise critic I am reading some not too favorable reviews about the Lady O. They are making me really nervous. It is way too late to back out of this cruise now. We are determined to go with a positive attitude. It is our 25th anniversary after all. We will be spending 4 days at the Grand Floridian beforehand so know we will be off to a great start and we will be together so all will be wonderful. No doubt. But when I read about elevators not working properly, bad food, worn out rooms and now "scheduled" maintenance where water is shut off during the night - and all from people that are just off the ship, it is hard to overlook.

Our Disney cruise was such a wonderful experience. I know the Oasis is due for dry dock next year, right? We are not overly picky. Just want to be sure we are going to have a nice experience. I only picked this ship because it sails out of Port Canaveral it is my comfort zone. Now I wish we were sailing on Harmony since it is newer. This is such a first world problem though. We are sailing concierge level on a mega ship - I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience - because we are going to with a positive attitude and make lemonade from any lemons that come our way!

I would seriously not worry about it. People always write reviews when there is something to complain about - less so when things are perfect. We are also not picky - low maintenance and low key. We've been on the (Disney) Magic with threadbare bedspreads, mold in the bathroom, and stains on the atrium carpet. We've also been on the (Disney) Fantasy in a cabin that had AC issues, sewer smells, and vibration/noise that shook our teeth every night for 7 nights. And we still cruise Disney. Food is subjective...there is so much of it that it would hard not to find something you enjoy! Have a wonderful cruise and happy 25th!

Out of curiosity...why do you <s>ay that the Mega-Ships aren't your thing? I haven't been on one but that is something I really want to try.

We came to the conclusion that MORE is not the same as BETTER. MORE STUFF does not automatically mean that the STUFF is better. IMO some of the STUFF was done much better on smaller RCL ships. I'm not going to start a debated with specifics ... we have friends who are of the opinion that BIGGER and MORE is always better so very familiar with the point of view. We're each entitled to our opinion. We found much of the MORE to be done in a mediocre way. Sometimes less done very well is a lot better!

We were quite pleased with VIKING SKY: 14 days, London - Greenwich ... Shetland Islands - coast of Norway in July. Just shy of 1000 passengers; no extra charge for 'alternate' dining venues; no crowds (no kids) and no zipline, broadway show, merry-go-round or mini-golf (altho there was a putting green and bocce ball) no chair hogs (no need, there were ALWAYS empty places poolside) excellent spa services with zero pressure to buy.

MEGA is also limited in port selection ... just TOO BIG for ports we like or would like to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts