Oasis of the Seas - two separate questions

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
1. We're considering booking an ocean balcony and would love suggestions on cabin location. Which decks on Oasis are best? Quiet is important and I also don't want any obstructed views on our balcony. A little concerned about motion sickness so would prefer mid-ship I think. Not concerned about being near elevators and also not interested in one of the extended balconies I've read about (higher category than what I plan on booking).

2. For anyone who's sailed Oasis or Allure, did you feel these megaships "ruined" you for future cruises? This will only be our second cruise - first was a 4 day Carnival Sensation cruise back in 2010. I know the Oasis will blow us out of the water (no pun intended), but I also don't want us to feel disappointed if we decided to go on a cruise again in the future on a smaller ship.

Thanks all!

Can't help much on your first question. We did have an ocean balcony on the Oasis when we did a 7-night Eastern Caribbean sailing but I don't recall much special about it.

As far as the second question goes, I doubt the Oasis will spoil you for other, smaller ships. Bigger/more is not always better.

Regarding motion sickness. We were on Allure and I didn't even feel like we were moving. The ship is so big that you barely feel anything. I actually had to look at the ocean to make sure we were moving.

We were in a Category D-1 on a high deck and had no issues.

We went on Allure this year. Our room (a junior suite) was on the same deck as the Boardwalk. This was a great location because we didn't have to walk very far to get to the good locations on the ship! We were near the Boardwalk, and near the stairs (and only 2 decks away from Central Park). The Junior Suites on that part of the ship are nice because they are on the bump out and have an extended balcony! We didn't have any issues with noise from other parts of the ship. (Whoops, just read that you aren't worried about the extended balconies, because it's a higher class than you want to book..... So that's probably the junior suite)

When we were on Allure, DH remarked that this would be a hard cruise to be your first cruise because it's a little overwhelming. And that it's such an awesome ship, how could you go on anything else? But I don't think we'll be disappointed in other ships, it'll just be different. WDW is awesome, but that doesn't mean I'd enjoy other amusement parks (Kings Island, Six Flags, etc) any less. It's just a different experience.

We are going on Enchantment in 2015 and Oasis in 2016!

We were on the Allure in late April. We had a D1, which is on a bump out on the side of the ship(midship) it has a little bit of a larger balcony. Not sure if that is in a category that you are interested in. Our room was quiet. We loved the ship! But it did not ruin other ships for us. In fact, we were just on the Disney Dream last month and had just as much fun!

DW & I were on Oasis in 2013. We originally booked a D8, then after final payment the price dropped and we upgraded to a D1 for no extra charge!

IIRC, we were on deck 7. Two decks down to the promenade, one deck up to central park.

Our second cruise was on Freedom OTS. Although Oasis had (slightly) more to offer, I don't know that it "ruined" us for smaller ships (not that Freedom is that small).

My cruises on Royal have been Liberty-Oasis-Liberty-Allure-Liberty, with a couple of Disney Dreams thrown in there towards the end. :) After Oasis, we thought, "how can we ever go back on Liberty?", but we did and it was great. We still had plenty to do. Same thing with Allure and our following Liberty cruise - we were really pleased with how much there is to do on Liberty, and thought the ship was plenty big.

As for motion, we stayed on decks 17-18 (in a 2-story suite) on Allure and did not feel a thing. There was less motion on Allure, even high up, than we encountered on any other cruise. The ship is so big the movement is really minimized. If you're concerned, I'd try for deck 6 or 7, to be close to the promenade and central park.

I've been on freedom twice and oasis last. We were in a D1 deck 6 and loved it. I too wondered if we could ever go back to the freedom.

What will spoil you is going on a 7 day cruise after a 4 day. You will never want to go on that short a cruise again!

What will spoil you is going on a 7 day cruise after a 4 day. You will never want to go on that short a cruise again!
This is true!! Oasis is a beautiful ship, no doubt, but will it spoil you from cruising other ships? That depends. I thought that I would absolutely be head over heels for oasis when I went on it. I did love it, don't get me wrong, and I even just got off quantum of the seas two weeks ago. But we booked our next cruise on liberty of the seas. There is just something about the voyager class and the freedom class ships that I love the best. It's hard to put into words, but I just feel most at home on those ships. So while the Oasis class and Quantum class have more to offer, there's just more of a familiarity and comfortable this with me on the medium-sized class ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter