Observation at a Panera Bread today - Disney FP+

DrummerBoy523

DIS Veteran
Two ladies sat down in the booth next to me and were talking about typical stuff and the subject of their vacations came up. They were extremely loud so it wasn't like I was purposefully eavesdropping...I just couldn't NOT hear them ha ha.

So - one of them mentioned a nice sale that Disney was having and then the other lady said (and I quote).. "Yeah, but it pisses me off that Disney makes you buy those FastPasses. I'm already paying bookoo bucks to stay at their resort and buy tickets - why should I have to pay extra to skip the lines??". The other lady then agreed - and said (again, I quote)... "I agree. It always makes me mad when I see people paying extra to skip the lines. And, I have a friend who told me you could pay extra to get online and reserve your FastPasses a month early too. No wonder the lines are so long".

Yup, these people still exists. My Disney enjoyment is almost 50% a result of people like this. I didn't have the heart to set them straight. The more people who believe this, the better for all of us.

Happy Friday to all you DISers!!!!

It is amazing the misconceptions people have about Disney vacations. A co-work of mine went and came back from WDW and mentioned how she stayed at a value resort on the dining plan and was able to eat at the resort food court. Food is half the enjoyment of our trips so to think the was under the impression that she could only eat at the resort QS is truly sad. WDW trips are a different beast but some people don’t take the time to learn and educate themselves.

The other thing that comes to mind, is a lot of people, believe it or not, confuse Disney and Universal! I’ve had that happen several times! I love when people tell me how much fun they had a Disney and how great Harry Potter land was! I wouldn’t doubt it if they were talking about Universal.

Two ladies sat down in the booth next to me and were talking about typical stuff and the subject of their vacations came up. They were extremely loud so it wasn't like I was purposefully eavesdropping...I just couldn't NOT hear them ha ha.

So - one of them mentioned a nice sale that Disney was having and then the other lady said (and I quote).. "Yeah, but it pisses me off that Disney makes you buy those FastPasses. I'm already paying bookoo bucks to stay at their resort and buy tickets - why should I have to pay extra to skip the lines??". The other lady then agreed - and said (again, I quote)... "I agree. It always makes me mad when I see people paying extra to skip the lines. And, I have a friend who told me you could pay extra to get online and reserve your FastPasses a month early too. No wonder the lines are so long".

Yup, these people still exists. My Disney enjoyment is almost 50% a result of people like this. I didn't have the heart to set them straight. The more people who believe this, the better for all of us.

Lol... very true. The less ppl. that know how it works makes it easier for those who do.

It is amazing the misconceptions people have about Disney vacations. A co-work of mine went and came back from WDW and mentioned how she stayed at a value resort on the dining plan and was able to eat at the resort food court. Food is half the enjoyment of our trips so to think the was under the impression that she could only eat at the resort QS is truly sad. WDW trips are a different beast but some people don’t take the time to learn and educate themselves.
This makes me sad for their vacation.:sad1:

The other thing that comes to mind, is a lot of people, believe it or not, confuse Disney and Universal! I’ve had that happen several times! I love when people tell me how much fun they had a Disney and how great Harry Potter land was! I wouldn’t doubt it if they were talking about Universal.
My guess is that these ladies thought the FP+ was like the UO Express Pass. But still, smh.

sad that people spend so much money on a WDW vacation and don't take the time to research what is included/involved. I can't imagine spending that much money on something and and not looking into it.

I wonder if it's possible that they were talking about MaxPass at Disneyland? I know a lot of folks get Disney World mixed up with Disneyland? You definitely have to pay for MaxPass at Disneyland (and I can vouch...MaxPass is worth every penny at DL!).

I wonder if it's possible that they were talking about MaxPass at Disneyland? I know a lot of folks get Disney World mixed up with Disneyland? You definitely have to pay for MaxPass at Disneyland (and I can vouch...MaxPass is worth every penny at DL!).
Absolutely. I thought it worth every penny and will definitely do it again.

Could've been. Perhaps they thought this was how DW works too. Either way - too bad for them.

haha. That’s why I always have a business card handy. I never know where I’m going to meet a potential new client in desperate need of a good travel agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter