Obtaining a das return time

married2mm

DIS Veteran
am I right in thinking the das holder doesn't have to be there?
So another in the party just takes their magic band?

I don't think anyone even has to take her band. Everyone is connected to her DAS. She just has to scan first at the ride when you come back to ride.

I don't think anyone even has to take her band. Everyone is connected to her DAS. She just has to scan first at the ride when you come back to ride.
This is correct any one on the DAS can get a return time but the DAS holder has to go first when you are going to ride

Note: Not all CMs seem to know that anyone linked can get the return time without the DAS holder's band.

I had that issue in June at Dumbo and the CM would not even try to see if she could do a DAS return on someone linked. I was not happy since I had both DAS holders, but since one did not like to wear his, it was with his mom and not me when we checked to get the return. Since I had both DAS holders, one that gets upset easily, I could not ask for a supervisor then.

Note: Not all CMs seem to know that anyone linked can get the return time without the DAS holder's band.

I had that issue in June at Dumbo and the CM would not even try to see if she could do a DAS return on someone linked. I was not happy since I had both DAS holders, but since one did not like to wear his, it was with his mom and not me when we checked to get the return. Since I had both DAS holders, one that gets upset easily, I could not ask for a supervisor then.

Thanks for the words of warning.
I was thinking it would be useful in AK for new rides-thus not having to all venture through the crowds

Also - it's not always set up correctly. We were all linked to my son's DAS, but for some reason only my son's band and his brother's were able to actually book the return time. It's some system glitch. We were told to go to Guest Services and have them redo it, but it was easier just to take one of their bands with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter