Oceaneer Club Question

puckhog45

Earning My Ears
We are having large family reunion next summer on the Western Magic. My sister who has three children (twins who will be 5 and a 3 year old) just told us they decided not to bring the kids. This is a huge disappointment for us. One of the reasons she gave was the excursions, she was told that you cannot leave the ship if you have children in the Club. I went on the 3 day Magic in 1999 and in Nassau my husband and I left the ship two times with our kids on board (they were 10 and 13). Does any one know if you can leave kids in the Oceaneer Club while you are off the ship? Better yet, what activies are fun to do with small ones? We are going to try to get her to change her mind.

We left my dd in the club and went off the ship. You may not be reachable by pager but they can take care of your kid until you return. The reason I like the clubs is that you can leave your kid there without taking them off the boat and they have more fun.

Tina

We left 5 kids on the ship while we did an excursion! They were 10, 10, 6, 4, 3. We did Disney sponsored excursions BECAUSE we left the kids on board. There was NO PROBLEMS. The counselors know you are off the ship, they can actually see when you return via their computer. We went immediately to the clubs when we got back and the kids still wanted to stay! We did tell the kids we would be unavailable so they couldn't page us and they never asked for us. On the other hand, when we were on the ship they paged quite often! (We did the catamaran in St. Maarten so were gone several hours) We also went on the afternoon excursion because in the clubs there are more structured activities in the afternoon so we knew they were be more interested. We found the mornings to be more free play.

Thanks for the great answers. It looks like you can leave your children in the clubs and go ashore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter