Oceaneers Club vs Lab

MAmama78

First time cruiser in 2020
We are sailing on the Magic in Feb 2020 and my daughters are wondering about the difference between Oceaneers Club and Lab. They will be 11 & almost 9 when we are cruising and they will want to be together. Is Lab the right choice for tweens? Thanks!

Both kids areas are separated in different zones, each one having its own theme and activities. The Lab tends to be more for arts & crafts, while the Club is for more active play, but that distinction can be hard to notice at times. When one of the two is in open house, they move all the kids to the other one. They are connected by a hallway and kids can go from one to the other when they want.

Thanks for the corrections in follow-on posts...my incorrect ranges came from a review on another web site. Lesson learned, always go to Disney fir Disney info.

Disney will occasionally make exceptions for the lower age limit, but usually not the upper. The Edge club is for tweens 11-13 while Oceaneers Club and Lab are for kids 3-10. It doesn't hurt to ask, but the 11 year old may only be allowed in Oceaneers during an open house.

Last edited:
Disney will occasionally make exceptions for the lower age limit, but usually not the upper. The Edge club is for tweens 11-13 while Oceaneers Club and Lab are for kids 3-10. It doesn't hurt to ask, but the 11 year old may only be allowed in Oceaneers during an open house.
Actually, the Club and Lab are for kids 3-12, while Edge is opened to kids 11-14 and Vibe to teens between 14-17. Space permitting, they will grant permission for a 10yo to go to Edge.

Programming at the Club is geared more towards the younger set (3-7) while programming in the Lab is geared towards the older range (8-12). That said, both are available to kids 3-12 and kids can move between the 2 spaces if they so wish. The only exception is during "Open House" times when all kids checked in for secured programming will be moved to the space that is not open house. Your girls can do both together, or they may find separate activities they want.

Edge is for ages 11-14. Your oldest has the option to attend Edge as well. But I wouldn't expect an exception for the 9 yr old there. She can go during Open House at Edge, though.

Oceaneers Club and Lab are for kids 3-10. It doesn't hurt to ask, but the 11 year old may only be allowed in Oceaneers during an open house.
No, this is incorrect. An 11 yr old will absolutely be allowed at the Club/Lab anytime. The Club/Lab is for ages 3-12, and Edge is ages 11-14. Ages 11-12 are "overlap" years and kids in that range can go to either the Club/Lab or Edge, or all, during their cruise.

Enjoy your vacation!

They also do science activities in the lab, like making flubber. If your cruise is 7 nights or longer there will be a Pluto's PJ Party in the club one night(just for 1-2 hours). My dd has always enjoyed going to it. All the different activities will be on the navigator app, enjoy your cruise.

Oceaneers Club and Lab are for kids 3-10.

No...

As others have said, the club/lab is for 3-12.

My addition is that “-12” doesn’t mean TO 12, but *through* 12.

Kids are 100% welcome in the club/lab until their 13th birthday. Once that birthday rolls around they can only go in during open house.

Thanks all! I knew the age ranges but hadn't found any information about the ability to move back and forth between Oceaneers Club and Lab.

You are correct. I got my incorrect ranges from a review on another web site...I should have gone to the source!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter