October 14th, 2017 - 7-Night Bahamian from New York

We are huge WDW fans but this is our first cruise (a crew of three-mom, dad and daughter who will be just two weeks shy of 3 at time of sailing) and I couldn't find a thread for it so created this one! We are SO excited!!!

We've been doing some research and wanted to see if anyone wanted to participate in a fish extender gift exchange?

Hi, we are also going on this cruise - so excited! We have 2 kids - a boy who just turned 4 and a girl who will be 2 in July.

Hi, we are also going on this cruise - so excited! We have 2 kids - a boy who just turned 4 and a girl who will be 2 in July.

Yay!! Thanks for the response. We were getting worried no one else was going, haha! This is our first cruise but we would love to do fish extenders. Would you guys be interested in doing this?

PS: we live in MA, too! We are in metro west Boston.

Yay!! Thanks for the response. We were getting worried no one else was going, haha! This is our first cruise but we would love to do fish extenders. Would you guys be interested in doing this?

I know, I was surprised that a thread hadn't been started sooner. I just actually joined the facebook group for this cruise - there is a fish extender group happening there, I believe. We are reluctant to join one, because my kids have a ton of food allergies, which always cause problems for things like this.

We are just north of Boston. How are you guys getting to the port?

Well, that makes 3 families from Mass! DH and I are from Metro West as well... this is our 3rd cruise and my parents from West Virginia will also be joining us. DH and I are absolutely up for doing Fish Extenders again! schmass- we typically do non-food stuff for FE, so maybe that will work? Looking forward to hearing more from you all...

I know, I was surprised that a thread hadn't been started sooner. I just actually joined the facebook group for this cruise - there is a fish extender group happening there, I believe. We are reluctant to join one, because my kids have a ton of food allergies, which always cause problems for things like this.

We are just north of Boston. How are you guys getting to the port?
Sorry I had responded to this and it didn't post!

Oh that is awesome there's a FB group! I couldn't find it. Would you mind linking it please?

Bummer about the food allergies! We were thinking of doing crafts and stuff and no food so maybe that could work?

We are planning to drive there. How about you?

Well, that makes 3 families from Mass! DH and I are from Metro West as well... this is our 3rd cruise and my parents from West Virginia will also be joining us. DH and I are absolutely up for doing Fish Extenders again! schmass- we typically do non-food stuff for FE, so maybe that will work? Looking forward to hearing more from you all...

Wow that's awesome! I guess with the port being in New York it is attracting a lot of us new Englanders! How fun to go with your parents.

The whole cruise thing is new to us so any tips would be great!

Sorry I had responded to this and it didn't post!

Oh that is awesome there's a FB group! I couldn't find it. Would you mind linking it please?

Bummer about the food allergies! We were thinking of doing crafts and stuff and no food so maybe that could work?

We are planning to drive there. How about you?

If you search this Disney Magic, Oct 14, 2017 it should come up!

We are also going to drive. We will drive the night before and stay at a hotel in NJ that has a park, cruise and fly option.

Room for 3 more? I just had to reschedule our cruise from the week before to this week. I know it's going to be great but I'm feeling a bit like Eeyore what with loosing the extra night.

Hello!
As being a HUGE Disney Parks fan, I'm oh-so excited to be going on my first cruise with DCL! (I've been on other cruise lines, but they were meh at best).

(I might as well say right now I'm 16, but that shouldn't be an issue b/c every single other Dis. Park fans are so nice to each other! I'm such a huge fan that I book all of my family's vacations to the parks!)

During my cruise, I'm so hyped to try out so many things. However for how much I get excited, I get so many questions! If I may ask, could you answer these questions for me?

1. What's Vibe like? I heard so many good things about it! I plan on joining it for the duration of the cruise.
1a. Is there anyway I could possibly talk with anyone that is attending Vibe? I know that seems odd but I heard of ways teens get in touch beforehand and start to become friends (or ship buddies, if you like that phrasing).
1b. What is the signup process like? Can I signup online?
2. Being a MCU fan, I'm so pumped for Marvel Day At Sea! If I am to understand, this is similar to the Star Wars Day At Sea? (right?). This event alone gives me so many questions like:
- Meet and Greets? Are they similar to the ones at the parks?
- When they say "The Latest Marvel Studios Blockbuster", do they mean like an earlier release of a upcoming movie (for us it would be Thor: Ragnarok) or would it be the last to be in theaters (Spider-Man: Homecoming, but I can't imagine they'd show a Sony Pictures film but it is Marvel Studios produced film so it's considered their movie).
- Will Vibe do anything special for the event? (I hope we go see maybe a movie or two but idk).
- As of what I know in the parks, they don't encourage costumes. However they have something called "A fan filled costume celebration". (I hope it's not just a little dreamers thing....).
- Where do you think I could meet characters like Doctor Strange, Star Lord, Groot, or even Black Panther? What are some general places I could meet other characters?
- Lastly, do they still do pirate night during this cruise with this event? (I hope so...)
3. I do understand that they have Broadway style shows, right? (I do love me a good Broadway show). What are the shows offered on the cruise?
4. Lastly, is the Midship detective Agency worth it?

Sorry if I just unloaded a huge amount of questions onto you all. I'm just so happy I have a way to connect to the Disney Parks community and for my first Disney Cruise! See ya real soon!

~ Ry-Guy

Hello!
As being a HUGE Disney Parks fan, I'm oh-so excited to be going on my first cruise with DCL! (I've been on other cruise lines, but they were meh at best).

(I might as well say right now I'm 16, but that shouldn't be an issue b/c every single other Dis. Park fans are so nice to each other! I'm such a huge fan that I book all of my family's vacations to the parks!)

During my cruise, I'm so hyped to try out so many things. However for how much I get excited, I get so many questions! If I may ask, could you answer these questions for me?

1. What's Vibe like? I heard so many good things about it! I plan on joining it for the duration of the cruise.
1a. Is there anyway I could possibly talk with anyone that is attending Vibe? I know that seems odd but I heard of ways teens get in touch beforehand and start to become friends (or ship buddies, if you like that phrasing).
1b. What is the signup process like? Can I signup online?
2. Being a MCU fan, I'm so pumped for Marvel Day At Sea! If I am to understand, this is similar to the Star Wars Day At Sea? (right?). This event alone gives me so many questions like:
- Meet and Greets? Are they similar to the ones at the parks?
- When they say "The Latest Marvel Studios Blockbuster", do they mean like an earlier release of a upcoming movie (for us it would be Thor: Ragnarok) or would it be the last to be in theaters (Spider-Man: Homecoming, but I can't imagine they'd show a Sony Pictures film but it is Marvel Studios produced film so it's considered their movie).
- Will Vibe do anything special for the event? (I hope we go see maybe a movie or two but idk).
- As of what I know in the parks, they don't encourage costumes. However they have something called "A fan filled costume celebration". (I hope it's not just a little dreamers thing....).
- Where do you think I could meet characters like Doctor Strange, Star Lord, Groot, or even Black Panther? What are some general places I could meet other characters?
- Lastly, do they still do pirate night during this cruise with this event? (I hope so...)
3. I do understand that they have Broadway style shows, right? (I do love me a good Broadway show). What are the shows offered on the cruise?
4. Lastly, is the Midship detective Agency worth it?

Sorry if I just unloaded a huge amount of questions onto you all. I'm just so happy I have a way to connect to the Disney Parks community and for my first Disney Cruise! See ya real soon!

~ Ry-Guy

Hey Ry-Guy, Just booked this about.. 1 hour ago... the answer to some of your questions for you.
1. Not sure about Vibe.
2. I've been on 2 Star Wars Cruises, not a fan of Star Wars but had a great time with the theme. As for meet and greets there were certain one's that we had to get a ticket for (free to everybody) and you are given a time to go see them so you don't have to wait in lines.
As for movies they will play movies that are still in theaters so the new Spider-Man will most likely be playing.
From what I've read so far is they will have a bunch of characters and I believe Doctor Strange was one of them. Usually they roam the ship in character, you can see them all over, by the pools, on stage, in elevators, literally anywhere.
Pirate night is still happening!!!!
4. Shows offered are listed on the website, think this one does Tangled which I'm excited to see. I was on the Fantasy and they do Aladdin. They will do 2 other Disney theme shows too along with shows for Halloween.

Hey Ry-Guy, Just booked this about.. 1 hour ago... the answer to some of your questions for you.
1. Not sure about Vibe.
2. I've been on 2 Star Wars Cruises, not a fan of Star Wars but had a great time with the theme. As for meet and greets there were certain one's that we had to get a ticket for (free to everybody) and you are given a time to go see them so you don't have to wait in lines.
As for movies they will play movies that are still in theaters so the new Spider-Man will most likely be playing.
From what I've read so far is they will have a bunch of characters and I believe Doctor Strange was one of them. Usually they roam the ship in character, you can see them all over, by the pools, on stage, in elevators, literally anywhere.
Pirate night is still happening!!!!
4. Shows offered are listed on the website, think this one does Tangled which I'm excited to see. I was on the Fantasy and they do Aladdin. They will do 2 other Disney theme shows too along with shows for Halloween.

Thanks Nick & Sean!

So you have to get a ticket to see certain characters? That's really odd (I mean, it makes sense..... but why?). How can we get these tickets? I assume onboard but where and when?

Also, I'm also SO EXCITED for any broadway-style musicals on the ship! I loved Aladdin on Broadway and I can't wait to see another show!

I can't wait for Pirate night!

~ Ry-Guy

Hi! This is our first cruise and all of my research tells me that my family would love to participate in a fish extender gift exchange!!! Our sail date is October 14, 2017 on the Disney Magic out of NY. Can anyone advise me on how to join one of these groups. I am finding the Disboards very confusing Thanks ~Krissy C

We are huge WDW fans but this is our first cruise (a crew of three-mom, dad and daughter who will be just two weeks shy of 3 at time of sailing) and I couldn't find a thread for it so created this one! We are SO excited!!!

We've been doing some research and wanted to see if anyone wanted to participate in a fish extender gift exchange?
I would like to join a FE group! Just want to confirm this is for Disney Magic October 14, 2017 out of NY.

Has anyone been able to sing up for fish extenders gift exchange we are going on for the second time with 1 5 year old girl and would love to to the gift exchange, is anyone here interested?

Can you help me find that link, also if you want to do gift exchange with us we have no food items and 1 5 year old girl

Hi, did you find anyone who wanted to do a gift exchange? I really would love to do this, we have 1 girl 5 years old

I am looking for the FE group as well... following
did you find anyone? I would love to join if you didn't or make one here... please let me know. I have 1 5 year old and I have been looking everywhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter