** OCTOBER 2017 DISNEYLAND CHECK-IN **

Two more days until my September/October trip! We are going for 3 days, to celebrate my daughters birthday. We are staying off property this time as I was able to use points at the Sheraton. I will miss the EMH this trip, but we will try MaxPass to make up for missing it.

I'm super excited!!! My son and I just planned a last-minute trip because we're dying to see the new Halloween decorations at DCA! He and his wife and my granddaughter and I will be there from October 20-22 at the Candy Cane Inn. We don't have Halloween party tickets or anything, but that's okay. My DGD9 and I went to a Halloween party last year and had a blast. :)

We were going to fly down Saturday morning, park hop til' we drop all through Saturday, and fly back Sunday... but Southwest didn't have any flights that would meet our schedule - all sold out probably because of the awesome sale they just had. That's okay though. I'll fly down with my DGD on Friday evening, and my son and DIL will drive down after he gets off work on Saturday night (he works until around 10). I think that works out better because we'll have the hotel for 2 nights and he'll be able to nap a little after that long drive. Then Sunday morning we'll hit up Trolley Treats for our customary carmel apples to take home, and we'll all drive back together.

We've never done such a short or quickly planned trip before but I'm sure it's going to be amazing! I really just want to see the parks before they turn them over for Christmas. I have a longer trip planned for November with my DGD and her best friend, and my daughter will also join us for part of that.

Now I'm just crunching the numbers to keep this trip as inexpensive as possible since this my 4th trip this year, and my 2nd unplanned one! We all have APs so that's one less thing to budget for. :) I just had another thought - this little trip will actually help me save for the November trip since CCI gives a $10/night discount after your stay, and you can apply that to your next trip within the next 12 months. So, my November hotel stay will be $10 per night less!

:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Quick questions regarding planning our trip we will be there Oct 22(Sun), Oct, 23, 24 Halloween party, 25 last. If im looking at the schedules right the only day Fantasmic and reg Fireworks are offered will be Sun Oct 22. I have usually only gone in the summer. Im trying to plan out our days, we are 4 mamas experiencing Disneyland without our kiddos and husbands.

We are local now and go often but I am super excited for Oct 8! Our friends are part of the Gay Freedom Band of Los Angeles and are performing in DCA for Gay Days. They are amazingly talented and we are so stoked to be able to support them and at Disney no less. :woohoo:

Quick questions regarding planning our trip we will be there Oct 22(Sun), Oct, 23, 24 Halloween party, 25 last. If im looking at the schedules right the only day Fantasmic and reg Fireworks are offered will be Sun Oct 22. I have usually only gone in the summer. Im trying to plan out our days, we are 4 mamas experiencing Disneyland without our kiddos and husbands.

That's what this momma sees. Sounds like you mommas will have a great time!!

I am so excited for Halloween stuff in Cars Land! My daughter can’t wait to see all the cars in costumes. :)

Two weeks! After working 12 days in a row, many of them 10-12 hour days, I soooo need this trip!

Woo Hoo!! Our DL resort package arrived in the mail today! Wow, it almost feels real....party:

We're back! Had a great time.
DGD (4) rode all she could. She made it on the 1st in time for Big Thunder (she calls it booms and bangs and loves it).
Rode Space, Splash (2x), Matterhorn, Guardians (3x).

DH and I go back in Dec. and looking forward to that!!

I'm back from my weekend stay. I hope to go for another day visit towards the end of this month. Since I have an AP, I spend little to no time waiting for stuff when it is crowded. I always know I'll be back.

A few tidbits - stayed in the cheapest level room at GCH. New room, but shower didn't drain at all. We called for help and they did fix it while we were out at the parks. Saturday afternoon, we were going to have drinks in the lobby, but it was standing room only and we couldn't find anywhere to sit. There was a line for people buying drinks at the bar to carry away, which is what we ended up doing. We had to move some chairs around but managed to get 3 together outside to enjoy our drinks.

I had breakfast right after 7am at Whitewater snacks and the place was almost completely empty. The cashier said people don't get up until 9am and that it would be very busy then.

The next morning, just after 7am, I walked all through DTD trying to find a breakfast place and nothing was open that early besides Starbucks, which had a long line. I had early entry to DCA that day, so I just went there and rode Guardians 3 times and then got breakfast at the Starbucks inside.

I have decided that it's worth paying for the on property hotels just so I can ride Guardians several times in a row in the morning. It's my favorite ride by a long shot. I rode it twice in a row the day before without early entry. The ride is nearly walk on to about 20 minutes during the first hour of park opening. I look at it as I am saving money over booking a VIP tour ( Mickey math at its finest).

The halloween party was pretty nice on Friday night. I'm not sure I'll go again in the future. It's always nice, but hard to justify the price. If I didn't have an AP, I'd be happy to pay the price, but it feels like I am paying for something that I already have. I did like the parade and the fireworks (Headless horseman was my favorite), but I wouldn't pay for that year after year. The rides we went on were basically walk on, minus the Haunted Mansion, so it could be worth going just for the rides if someone wants to power rides and not do the other Halloween stuff.

For the first time in forever, I had excellent service at Rainforest Cafe. I told the manager that our server was really good. It made the $129. lunch/drinks much easier to swallow with such a good server. Food is always mediocre, but we know that going in. It was a nice break from the very busy parks.

Everything was cute and fun. We left a lot earlier than planned on Sunday because we just don't do massive crowds anymore. It was a good weekend, but probably one we will avoid going forward. I do love Gay Days (despite being straight) and wore my red Tshirts and got my rainbow tumbler, but I probably won't visit again on that weekend.

My BF and I will be there Saturday 10/14 for a quick trip. I’m worried about crowds and smoke! We’ve never been on a Saturday but with MaxPass and no kids I’m sure it will be just fine!

Great to hear about your trips Meriweather and cruisehopeful ... :hyper2:

We just got back from a Supernatural Convention trip so now we can focus on Disney this month :dogdance:

Praying for the best for all those in California re: the wildfires ...

I have never been so excited to go to Disneyland. We live in Napa, and have had 3 days of fires, and we can't go outside. I know there is a fire in the Anaheim Hills, but I know that will be contained by then. We need fresh air and something less depressing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter