October 2018 Car Rental

I got a great deal for the Dollar day sale. $245 Manager special, $280 Mid Size Car, and $285 4 door Truck. There is only 2 of us so I booked them all and will cancel when I decide which one I want. Saving over $90 from what I previously had. I always book to reservation when I book the manager special in case it is a compact. I just can't fit in a compact car.

I considered the Manager's special but I was worried about the same thing. We would fit but I'm not used to driving a vehicle that's like a go-kart. When do you find out what vehicle it is?

So just whatever they feel like giving you, got it. I wasn't sure if there was something that showed up on the reservation the day of but of course that makes a lot more sense.
I'm guessing they would give you the least expensive vehicle type that they have too much of, whether that is compact or above. If they are out of compacts (which is more likely if you're picking up late in the day, but still not certain) then you would get something bigger. If you pick up earlier in the day, I think you'd be more likely to get a compact. But you won't know for sure until it happens. Not necessarily with a manager's special or Dollar, but sometimes I've been offered an SUV when I reserved an economy car, because a company had more SUVs on hand than people were wanting to rent.

I'm guessing they would give you the least expensive vehicle type that they have too much of, whether that is compact or above. If they are out of compacts (which is more likely if you're picking up late in the day, but still not certain) then you would get something bigger. If you pick up earlier in the day, I think you'd be more likely to get a compact. But you won't know for sure until it happens. Not necessarily with a manager's special or Dollar, but sometimes I've been offered an SUV when I reserved an economy car, because a company had more SUVs on hand than people were wanting to rent.

Thanks for that, I might take @Rich M's approach and keep two reservations.

I considered the Manager's special but I was worried about the same thing. We would fit but I'm not used to driving a vehicle that's like a go-kart. When do you find out what vehicle it is?

I usually go up to the counter and ask them what it is today. I have gotten a full size car before and even a small SUV. I wish someone on the thread would know what they got recently but almost everyone does Alamo. I try to use them as much as possible but I can't beat $245 for 13 days.

I usually go up to the counter and ask them what it is today. I have gotten a full size car before and even a small SUV. I wish someone on the thread would know what they got recently but almost everyone does Alamo. I try to use them as much as possible but I can't beat $245 for 13 days.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind

I am wondering if Dollar doesn't allow multiple reservations and if they cancel them. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am wondering if Dollar doesn't allow multiple reservations and if they cancel them. Does anyone have any experience with this?
No experience, but just as with dining, I'd try to avoid doing this unless absolutely necessary, as it will reduce available inventory for other customers. I wouldn't want some other customer to miss out on getting a reservation because I had two or more. I think it would be courteous to cancel as far in advance as possible, any reservations you won't be using, so that someone else can use them.

Today's sale at Dollar is decent.

I previously had $232 for 9/29-10/08 for a standard through carrentalsavers and Dollar.

Had to add a day but it was cheaper to cancel and rebook. Standards for 9/28-10/08 were $191. The lowest was $162 for the manager's special.

Decided to go for the mid-size SUV for $243.

Adding AAA code made it even more expensive so be careful with that.

I had an Alamo through Costco from a local dealer for $600 for 12 days in October including tax and a free driver.

I kept checking to see if prices dropped and yesterday got Alamo through Costco at the airport for $537 for the same perks.

This is for a Ford Expedition that seats 7.

Only y'all will appreciate how much that thrilled me.

Are there any coupons for Dollar rentals? I need anything from 10/8-10/18 and Alamo is $292 with coupon and costco. The manager's special with Dollar was a little cheaper, but I am not familiar with Dollar and if they offer coupons.

Are there any coupons for Dollar rentals? I need anything from 10/8-10/18 and Alamo is $292 with coupon and costco. The manager's special with Dollar was a little cheaper, but I am not familiar with Dollar and if they offer coupons.

Most times with Dollar your best rate is going to be the city special. They do offer AAA discount but I have never found a good rate with AAA and always get better with the city special. I have a rental from 10/8 to 10/20 that I got from Dollar during there big 8/8 sale and I got it for $280 for a 4 door truck or I have a Manager Special for $245. The manager special will be what ever they have the most of on the lot. I will ask when I arrive what it is and see if I want it or if I just want the truck. There is only 2 of us so the truck will be fine for us. I just can't do the compact car as I am way to big for that.

Is Dollar's city special usually a lower price than their manager's special? I've been watching for their Orlando city special rates, but so far this year, I've seen these offers for summer but not fall.

Is Dollar's city special usually a lower price than their manager's special? I've been watching for their Orlando city special rates, but so far this year, I've seen these offers for summer but not fall.

City special is a discount code and Manager special is a booking category. Manager special will be what ever car they have the most of. The city special allows you to book a category

City special is a discount code and Manager special is a booking category. Manager special will be what ever car they have the most of. The city special allows you to book a category
Thank you, but I don't see how that answers my question about which one is a lower price?

Thank you, but I don't see how that answers my question about which one is a lower price?

You would have to click the banner that says city specials and then it will discount prices and you will see all the booking category’s and one of those would be a manager special. If it’s the cheapest offer then the answer is yes

You would have to click the banner that says city specials and then it will discount prices and you will see all the booking category’s and one of those would be a manager special. If it’s the cheapest offer then the answer is yes
OK, waiting for their fall city special to be released, so that I can look into that. Thanks.

Our Dollar Mid-Sized 10 day rental just dropped another $13. Started at $345 months ago, now $302. Still hoping for less as we paid $197 for the same thing last year.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!