October 2018 Check In

Me and my DH will be there 30Sep18 to 13Oct18. We are staying at the Springhilll Suites Maingate. We have never stayed there, so we are hoping for the best

That's me!! I will be heading to DL October 13-20th! This will be my first visit during the Halloween season, so I am sooo excited to see all of the decor! This Illinois girl can't get enough of DL!

We have never been to the Halloween Party and are specifically heading down for that event. We will be there Oct 10th-13th. I'm so excited.

14th to the 18th for us. Staying at GCV in the DVC studios. Looking forward to another Halloween Time trip. Flying into Long Beach.

If you love Halloween I highly recommend Knott's Scary Farms. Try to go during a week day if you can. I'd say Knott's does Halloween better than Universal. Arguably the best Halloween experience in the country at Knott's Scary Farms.

Oh yeah, that is definitely the plan!

I'm still trying to nail down what we do on each day - most importantly the dates we visit DLR.

I suppose I won't be able to make a final decision until the MHP dates are announced. Ideally avoid going on a day when there is a party which we aren't attending so we don't have to leave early. But I also want to avoid weekends if possible as I hear it's especially busy during Halloween time. Doesn't leave much room, so I may need to compromise.

On a fun topic, received a lens I purchased just recently yesterday that I'll be bringing to the park on our trip later this year (17-55 f/2.8). I will still likely use my 30mm f/1.4 for dark ride photos.

Camera Crop.png

Finally,after 5 years we are going back to Disney!!! I wanted to take the littles and decided to surprise my parents and brother with tickets to join us. We will be there the 16th thru the 18th staying at DPP (first time we are staying in a Disney resort). I'm seriously thinking about the MHP if the dates line up with our stay. I will keep checking to see when they release the dates. I was told when I booked our package the tickets would be $100 per person.

Finally,after 5 years we are going back to Disney!!! I wanted to take the littles and decided to surprise my parents and brother with tickets to join us. We will be there the 16th thru the 18th staying at DPP (first time we are staying in a Disney resort). I'm seriously thinking about the MHP if the dates line up with our stay. I will keep checking to see when they release the dates. I was told when I booked our package the tickets would be $100 per person.
If you are budgeting I would budget a higher number. I have gone that Friday the week you are going the last three years and at this time the parties are the most expensive. Last year was $120 per ticket. Now do keep in mind that last year was the first year the ticket was a park hopper so, I do think that had to do with the price hike. But tickets generally go up every year so if you budget around the price of last years ticket and the tickets are $10 higher then your at least close to the actual price.

13-17 October booked in the Grand Californian as prequel to a 14n Panama Canal cruise with DCL from San Diego to Houston.
Still working out how to spend the days between DCA and DL and how to make use of early hours, Maxpass, ADR's etc...
We have been to WDW and DLP before.
As this will be the only visit for a long time to DL (flying from The Netherlands) we will go all out.

October 13-20, Paradise Pier. Can't wait to see the Halloween overlay in Carsland. I have been to the party in DCA, years ago, and it was good, I thought. Also liked trick or treating on the trails at night. It was before the park was renovated, back then they had a big Halloween display near the central hub area.

I am hoping it is all great, with the party moving back to DCA. I saw it at DL as well, it is more homey over there of course.

PS, get the JB credit card, and no more $25 luggage fees! Yay. Also got 30,000 points to use.

I got good flights, Newark NJ to LAX, $144 each way, for October. Alaska Air. (They took over Virgin America routes). Nonstops, both around 9 am, so I was happy to book those.

My husband, our 5 year old son and I are heading to DL in October too! Our bi-annual trips are becoming annual trips :) We’re planning to do the MHP for sure, it will be our first time being there for MHP, we usually go once the Christmas holiday season starts.

We don’t have dates yet, but it will be the second half of October for sure. We live in Alberta, Canada, and we drove when we went this past November and plan to drive again in October. We like to do a whole SoCal vacation, take in some sporting events, visit Universal/Knotts/Legoland/San Diego/Vegas and just make a whole thing of it! So excited to be planning another trip again so soon :)

My husband, our 5 year old son and I are heading to DL in October too! Our bi-annual trips are becoming annual trips :) We’re planning to do the MHP for sure, it will be our first time being there for MHP, we usually go once the Christmas holiday season starts.

We don’t have dates yet, but it will be the second half of October for sure. We live in Alberta, Canada, and we drove when we went this past November and plan to drive again in October. We like to do a whole SoCal vacation, take in some sporting events, visit Universal/Knotts/Legoland/San Diego/Vegas and just make a whole thing of it! So excited to be planning another trip again so soon :)
Sounds like a fun vacation!

My girlfriend, our moms, and myself are heading to Disneyland from Sept. 29th - Oct 6th! Super excited as this will be our first time seeing the Halloween overlays in Disneyland and DCA, so I can't wait!

We're going to be dressing up as characters from Hocus Pocus for the Halloween Party, (I'll be Billy Butcherson and the girls are going to the Sanderson Sisters).

I am planning a birthday trip for my 45th this year in October going the 11-16th. It will be my first time there during the Halloween overlays and the first time there on my actual birthday. I am so excited!!!!! Also will probably stay at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time as well. I am anxious to start planning!

Just booked October 30 to November 3 :stitch2: Hoping they have a Halloween party on the 30th (otherwise Ill attempt the 31st). Staying at the DLH (was warned about the construction, but not super concerned)

Wanted a weekend in October in a studio at the Villas at the Grand Californian and by the time I booked around Xmas of last year all but one were gone! :confused3 I knew that Columbus Day weekend/Gay Days was going to be crazy, we have done that in the past, but didn't realize that the other weekends would be in such high demand as well. But I managed to snag Oct 26-28 :thumbsup2. I have pictures of my son and I every year in front of the Mickey head pumpkin so looking forward to adding the first one with his new sister this year. Will be our last trip on these APs before they expire in mid-November, family is probably going to take a year off after that (have one adult-only trip planned Xmas trip for a friend's milestone birthday when our APs wouldn't be good anyways).

We did MHP for the first time in 2016, it was fabulous, no crowds, amazing view of the fireworks literally lying on Main Street. Tried it again last year and it was more expensive and more crowded so I'm thinking we'll probably skip it this year and just enjoy the resort/watch World of Color from the viewing balcony at the Grand as it will likely fall on one of our nights. Usually its been Tuesdays and Fridays in past years if I recall correctly?

We will be staying in 2 standard rooms at GCH 1st - 5th Oct, after an 11 night trip to WDW staying at AKL - Kidani Village in a 2 BR villa. We are doing MNSSHP at WDW so I don't think we will spend the $s to do it again at DL - unless you guys tell me we HAVE to! We have 4 day p/h (bought at the cost of a 2 day p/h) but will only spend 3 days in the parks as we have a tour of LA booked and may do a private tour to do a few specific things also. It will be my 3rd time at DL and my husband's 2nd - he hasn't been on Indiana Jones before, so that's about the only aim we have for this trip. Oh and another dinner at the Blue Bayou as we love the gumbo!

We are looking at possibly going Wednesday 10/3-Sunday 10/7. What nights during these dates are the Halloween Partys normally scheduled?? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!