October 2018 Check In

We are looking at possibly going Wednesday 10/3-Sunday 10/7. What nights during these dates are the Halloween Partys normally scheduled?? Thanks!

We won't likely know that until sometime in July.

Here were the dates from 2016:
  • Friday, 23 September 2016
  • Monday, 26 September 2016
  • Wednesday, 28 September 2016
  • Friday, 30 September 2016
  • Monday, 03 October 2016
  • Wednesday, 05 October 2016
  • Monday, 10 October 2016
  • Wednesday, 12 October 2016
  • Friday, 14 October 2016
  • Monday, 17 October 2016
  • Wednesday, 19 October 2016
  • Friday, 21 October 2016
  • Monday, 24 October 2016
  • Wednesday, 26 October 2016
  • Saturday, 29 October 2016
  • Monday, 31 October 2016
And here were the dates from 2017:
  • Wednesday, 20 September 2017
  • Friday, 22 September 2017
  • Monday, 25 September 2017
  • Wednesday, 27 September 2017
  • Friday, 29 September 2017
  • Tuesday, 03 October 2017
  • Friday, 06 October 2017
  • Tuesday, 10 October 2017
  • Friday, 13 October 2017
  • Tuesday, 17 October 2017
  • Friday, 20 October 2017
  • Tuesday, 24 October 2017
  • Friday, 27 October 2017
  • Tuesday, 31 October 2017
In 2017, the 13th fell on a Friday and Halloween fell on a Tuesday, so did that influence Disney's choice of dates for in October? Probably.

With the rumors going around that it'll be in DCA only this year, will they have more dates? Maybe they'll stick with 2 days per week. Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, so maybe they'll do MWF or do WF? It's anyone's guess for now and we'll all find out (probably) in mid-July.

I'd put money that you're safe to have at least one day open to you as you'll be there Wednesday through Sunday.

Alaska Airlines had very nice flight prices yesterday. PDX to SNA RT for $23.51 with my discounts.
Now I'm hoping for Disney to announce a room special the first part of Sept for my Oct dates.
I booked two nights at PPH, Oct 23rd through 25th with the thought one of those nights there's a MHP.

If not at least I'll have three days in the parks right before my AP expires. Don't plan to renew this next year.
I want to see the impact of SWL on the park crowds before I get another AP.

The wait for Halloween info to be announced has now begun for me.

See you there....

Geemo

Our family (DH & I, the grandparents), DD & DSL with their 2 kids DGDs 6 & 9 will be there nights of Oct. 15-19. We'll be doing the parks, Oct. 16, 17, 18. Then a beach day before we fly home. I was very surprised that DLR announced the Halloween Time party dates today; wasn't expecting it until July. So that really helps with the planning.

Last edited:
I was very surprised that DLR announced the Halloween Time party dates today; wasn't expecting it until July. So that really helps with the planning.

It is a pleasant surprise to have all of the info this early. Its especially nice that the party is staying in Disneyland this year. I'm going to get tickets for Halloween night the first day they go on sale. I can't wait !!

I appreciate the early Halloween announcement. We won't be attending any parties due to cost, but knowing the dates that will be early closing when we are there allow me to do some planning in my head!

I can’t believe i will be able to squeeze one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires at the end of October.

My mom and I are taking my daughter as a graduation from nursing celebration. My mom has never been before so this will be an exciting trip.

We will fly in October 12 and fly out late Afternoon oct 16th.

I honestly think I need a Disney intervention this will be the 4th trip on my annual pass and hubby and I are heading to DL in August for my birthday. Then Disney world in December :lovestruc.

I will be taking some time from Disney till the Star Wars builds calm down. Or that is what I am telling myself right now :rolleyes1

I can’t believe i will be able to squeeze one more trip out of my annual pass before it expires at the end of October.

My mom and I are taking my daughter as a graduation from nursing celebration. My mom has never been before so this will be an exciting trip.

We will fly in October 12 and fly out late Afternoon oct 16th.

I honestly think I need a Disney intervention this will be the 4th trip on my annual pass and hubby and I are heading to DL in August for my birthday. Then Disney world in December :lovestruc.

I will be taking some time from Disney till the Star Wars builds calm down. Or that is what I am telling myself right now :rolleyes1
I feel ya... I have a DL trip planned in July & October and going to WDW in December because I scored free dining. I also keep saying I'm not renewing my AP but then after not going to DL for 3-4 months then I've decided to renew my pass again...lol. Guess I need my Disney fix like every 3-4 months or I go stir crazy. Lol

I feel ya... I have a DL trip planned in July & October and going to WDW in December because I scored free dining. I also keep saying I'm not renewing my AP but then after not going to DL for 3-4 months then I've decided to renew my pass again...lol. Guess I need my Disney fix like every 3-4 months or I go stir crazy. Lol

At least we are not alone haha. I’m trying to figure out how to do carry on only. I will have to stop at a trade show. To do our yearly orders for work before we fly out and I don’t want to be lugging in a big suitcase haha.

I booked the Anaheim Hotel through hotels com a few weeks ago and got a pretty good deal. But I keep checking for price drops. Today I searched using Google and it took me to snaptravel app from TripAdvisor. The same dates etc are significantly lower. For Oct 28 to Nov 1st it is $83 a night plus tax.

I went to hotels com and submitted for their price guarantee. If they do not honor it I will cancel and rebook using snaptravel. Really don't want to since I used gift cards to book but I would save over $150 on the stay and I can use the GC another time.

We are flying down on the 3rd and will be in the parks the 4th through the 7th. This is columbus weekend so I know it will be super crowded but my daughter's school changed up their schedules and they are getting a 4 day weekend for the first time ever (she will be a senior) so we are taking advantage. We have been trying to go at halloween for the last several years but have had to cancel a few times. Haven't been since 13. Wish we could do the party but SO expensive and the last one we did in 13 we barely got to do anything as it was so crowded and the lines so long. It is sad because I would love to go but I am just glad to be able to see all the new halloween stuff at least. We will be staying at the Grand Legacy.

Checking in to be in the parks for part of my honeymoon on Tuesday, October 23 and Wednesday, October 24. We've never been to Disneyland ever, so we're pretty excited. We'll be hitting the Halloween party too. The cost really put us off, but we saw no other way to do everything we wanted. We'd be getting kicked out of either DCA or Disneyland early no matter how you sliced it on the Tuesday, and didn't want to miss out on time in the parks. We're huge Halloween fans though so it's gonna be awesome. No clue what to wear, costume-wise yet!

Our family will be there from 10/3-7. We've got MHP tix for 10/5 (our first time to DLR for Halloween as we generally go during Xmas or summer). Looking forward to it.

We are going 10/27 to 11/01, counting the days. Have not been to DL for nearly 20 years and I' m so excited. We stay at DGC because we won't return maybe another 10 year. Also attend MHP to get more Park time. I am a little sad that WoC seems not to been shown in october, wanted to do the dessert party. But I still hope they get it fixed earlier. Do you have any favourite dining tips?

We are going 10/27 to 11/01, counting the days. Have not been to DL for nearly 20 years and I' m so excited. We stay at DGC because we won't return maybe another 10 year. Also attend MHP to get more Park time. I am a little sad that WoC seems not to been shown in october, wanted to do the dessert party. But I still hope they get it fixed earlier. Do you have any favourite dining tips?
We are really hoping for WOC as well. My cousins have never saw it so we were hoping to see it on our Halloween trip too.

My trip just hit 99 days today; I might be a little giddy, it's been 3 years since I have been to Disneyland.

This is a trip that has been 5 years in the making.............read savings. :)
I booked as soon as I possibly could, so have had air and hotel reservations since November. Park tickets shortly after that!
I am having a terrible time being patient about dining since Character meals can't be booked until 60 days out. It's marked in big letters on my calendar. :)

I totally understand! We are going to WDW this October but I am already looking/researching/planning our October 2019 1st time trip to DL. I am exploring my options and will book our room as soon as I decide (have narrowed it down to 3). :crazy:

We make a lunch reservation for a day we have MM/EE in DL so after a long morning of having fun riding rides, we have an early lunch because everyone is hungry by now and we can relax while planning the rest of the day. The food is good and plentiful.

Southwest has $49 flights that went on sale today through 3/15. We bought our flights for 10/31 and are still waiting for them to release flight home on 11/4. You guys might want to check it out.

This is a big reason why I want to move out of Alaska. So much more doable price wise for flights--$49!! :dogdance: A good deal one way for us is $150-200 :sad2:. That's why it's so much more worth it for me to save miles to get down there cheap.

Very much in the thinking about it phase, but really want to make Oct 3-6 happen. My AP expires in November and it just kills me not to get one more use out of it, because I won't be renewing for a long time. If we go, it will be the most budget of all budget trips. Can get down with air miles and only pay $22 in fees for the flight. Found an Airbnb for $178 total. Estimating to pay around $75 total for Uber/Lyft. I already have an AP so my ticket is paid for. My husband's park hopper ticket would be $350. I think we could do food for $350ish (food is most important to us...hello Lamplight Lounge). Sadly we'd probably skip the Halloween party, because key word in this trip is budget haha. But it would be so awesome to see the park decked out for Halloween! We've never been for Halloween before. Closest is when we were at DL over Labor day two years ago, we got to see the very beginning of Halloween decorations go up. Here's to hoping we can make it happen :genie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!