October 2018 Discount watch

Room discount now is only thru 10/7 - we check in 10/6 thru 10/12 - do you think another discount for October dates could possibly come available?

"Fall" RO discounts came out last year in early July.

this is what Mousesavers has for last years later Fall RO disounts:

10/8/17-12/24/17 10%-20% off room-only rates for general public (blacked out weekends from 10/8-11/11, also 11/22-11/24).

10/8/17-12/24/17 10%-20% off room-only rates for general public (blacked out weekends from 10/8-11/11, also 11/22-11/24).
Currently we have a dining, tickets, and room package. If a room only discount came out for our for when we are going would we have to drop our package to get the discount?

:sad2: Thanks Disney! It's just getting worse!

IIRC in 2016 we got 10% for Wilderness Lodge. In 2017 we purchased via Daves V Rentals for waaaaaay cheaper and stayed at Boulder Ridge Villas by Wilderness Lodge. We purchased early like 11 months out, definitely purchased trip insurance too. Such a risk not to.

How does it work when weekends are blacked out? Do they just apply the discount to the weekdays of your reservation? And do you just call in to have them apply the room only discount to your reservation?

Room discount now is only thru 10/7 - we check in 10/6 thru 10/12 - do you think another discount for October dates could possibly come available?

My understanding is that if you check-in within the window of dates offered, the discount is applied to your whole trip. Is this not correct?

We check in on October 7 and are staying in a Poly studio. I was able to get through yesterday to apply the Enchanted Escape room only "discount" to my package, and my total actually ended up being HIGHER than the non-discounted rate I booked back in February. Seems to me they just inflated standard prices so they could say they're offering a "discount".

That would help me for sure!

My understanding is that if you check-in within the window of dates offered, the discount is applied to your whole trip. Is this not correct?
We check in on October 7 and are staying in a Poly studio. I was able to get through yesterday to apply the Enchanted Escape room only "discount" to my package, and my total actually ended up being HIGHER than the non-discounted rate I booked back in February. Seems to me they just inflated standard prices so they could say they're offering a "discount".
My understanding of RO discounts, each night is separate. So in your scenario, 10/7 would be discounted but your other nights would be full price. Free dining would apply for your length of stay based on your chack-in day.

How does it work when weekends are blacked out? Do they just apply the discount to the weekdays of your reservation? And do you just call in to have them apply the room only discount to your reservation?

My understanding of RO discounts, each night is separate. So in your scenario, 10/7 would be discounted but your other nights would be full price. Free dining would apply for your length of stay based on your check-in day.

Years ago Disney would in fact apply RO discount for your entire stay even if part of your trip was not discounted. Now, things have changed and they keep changing. What happened last year may not apply this year. I know this is of no help nor what you want to hear but we ALL need to wait to find out what Disney plans on doing this year.

If you have a reservation with a package, you need to decide if a package is what you need. Do you have to have the meal plan and what type of ticket - base or park hopper? You do have the option of requesting a RO discount and adding anything to it, but it changes your reservation into a package and more rules apply to you. What are those rules? You'll have to ask Disney.

One last thing, you can have RO discount for part of your stay and have another part as a a package but you cannot get RO discount and get Free Dining. You would need separate confirmations # for that.

I called WDW today and after no hold spoke to a super nice CM! I asked her if a room only discount could apply to my reservation as we check in on the 6th and the offer ends the 7th - after 2 holds she came back and told me my current offer that I am booked under (Perfect Gift MYW & Dining) is a better deal then the one being offered now. So, I will just hold out & hope that another discount comes available in July and see if that brings me any savings.

WDW vet but for the life of me I can't remember. If I book now, can I call when discounts come out and add to my ressie? Or can I modify online? I am aware it depends on availability. TIA!

WDW vet but for the life of me I can't remember. If I book now, can I call when discounts come out and add to my ressie? Or can I modify online? I am aware it depends on availability. TIA!

I'm not 100% sure but I'll chime in anyway and say as long as that other offer is a choice online, we should be able to modify online, at least that's what I'm planning to do!

I noticed when the last offer was reported I waited a day or so before Disney's website got on the ball and officially posted it.

Here's hoping they offer something in October, even if its only 10-15% I'll take it!

I'm not 100% sure but I'll chime in anyway and say as long as that other offer is a choice online, we should be able to modify online, at least that's what I'm planning to do!

I noticed when the last offer was reported I waited a day or so before Disney's website got on the ball and officially posted it.

Here's hoping they offer something in October, even if its only 10-15% I'll take it!

I'm planning a three night stay and hoping the discount isn't specified for a four night stay. :rolleyes: Two more months of waiting until we find out! :snail: :surfweb:

I'm planning a three night stay and hoping the discount isn't specified for a four night stay. :rolleyes: Two more months of waiting until we find out! :snail: :surfweb:

The waiting is going to kill me. lol If Disney doesn't release any discounts for October, we'll be cancelling. We've never paid rack rate and we're not going to start now! ;)

The waiting is going to kill me. lol If Disney doesn't release any discounts for October, we'll be cancelling. We've never paid rack rate and we're not going to start now! ;)

Its killing me too. We are going regardless though. Its out 10 year anniversary, and we married at the Floridian. I sure would like a discount.... I want to pay the trip off, but am making myself wait, just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts