October 2019 Car Rental Thread

Down $10 to $386 on our on our Costco/Alamo mini van. Hopefully the trend continues.

Great savings. I switched from Alamo to Enterprise and saved $100 two days ago. Hoping the Enterprise experience is as easy as Alamo.
Just looked at Enterprise, and for us, Enterpirse was $100 more then Alamo for the same vehicle. I'll keep looking and hope I can find a better price. have been watching Alamo, Budget, Enterprise, National.
I read a previous thread about Hertz being cheaper, but have never found them to be cheaper without a corporate account.

Rebooked my rental car AGAIN with Budget today for 10 days in October via Priceline. $238 for a Mid-Size.

My rental has gone down in price for the first time since May. We now have a standard SUV for $242.87 (7 day rental), with a free second driver (since the Alamo booking is through Costco).

It's only a small decrease....we had been sitting at $250 including tax......but hopefully this means those rate drops are starting now that we are less than 2 months out.

Rebooked my rental car AGAIN with Budget today for 10 days in October via Priceline. $238 for a Mid-Size.
Which ten days in October?

My days are Oct. 23 - Nov. 3 (11 days) and I rebooked today at $277 with Dollar/Priceline, but they get to choose the car type.

My rental was down another $2 yesterday. Now $237 for a standard SUV with the free extra driver (Alamo through costco). Within the last week, I've gone from $250 to $237. Little, consistent drops add up. Keep checking those rates!

My rental was down another $2 yesterday. Now $237 for a standard SUV with the free extra driver (Alamo through costco). Within the last week, I've gone from $250 to $237. Little, consistent drops add up. Keep checking those rates!
I hope that's for one week and not two. The best I can get so far for 2 weeks: Oct.20 - Nov 3, is $597 with Alamo Costco. I think that's the highest I've ever paid. Have been checking religiously. Hopefully it goes down more.

I hope that's for one week and not two. The best I can get so far for 2 weeks: Oct.20 - Nov 3, is $597 with Alamo Costco. I think that's the highest I've ever paid. Have been checking religiously. Hopefully it goes down more.
Have you been checking Autoslash? You should be able to get a much lower rate that way.

Yes, that's for one week (October 18th through 25th). I'm very pleased with the rate this trip....even if it doesn't go down any more, it's lower than my $250 target. I have a feeling it will continue to decline a bit yet, though.

I’ve never heard tell of autoslash, I like using Costco and Alamo for the extra driver. This is a minivan that I’m checking on so maybe it will come down in the next little while.

Full-size car for 5th-12th down to $212. Now I’ve got to decide if I want to DME to the airport to pick up there and save a little or pay a little more to stick with my one-way from Disney Springs.

Rebooked my rental car AGAIN with Budget today for 10 days in October via Priceline. $228 for a Mid-Size.

Gina,
Please post what type of vehicles that you find in the STD SUV aisle for Alamo.

Gina,
Please post what type of vehicles that you find in the STD SUV aisle for Alamo.

I will absolutely try to remember that! If I happen to forget, PM me after the 18th of October (our pick up date) and I'll be happy to give you a run down of what we had to pick from.

Good morning!

So far my best fare has been via AutoSlash, but I'm just getting into this search. Currently, I've got one week in an Alamo midsize at $184.

Does anyone know if the Alamo Insiders program gives you a free second authorized driver? In the past, we've used that benefit.

I currently have a second reservation through Dollar at $191, and their loyalty program includes the second driver, so we may decide to actually use that reservation if Alamo doesn't include that benefit.

Thanks all - keep the tips and codes coming please!

Good morning!

So far my best fare has been via AutoSlash, but I'm just getting into this search. Currently, I've got one week in an Alamo midsize at $184.

Does anyone know if the Alamo Insiders program gives you a free second authorized driver? In the past, we've used that benefit.

I currently have a second reservation through Dollar at $191, and their loyalty program includes the second driver, so we may decide to actually use that reservation if Alamo doesn't include that benefit.

Thanks all - keep the tips and codes coming please!
Does that include all the extra fees or is that just the quote for the car?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!