October 2020 WISH Challenge - A Bunch of Hocus Pocus

Sorry for the late start this morning... I slept in because, I'm on VACATION! Plus it is dark and gloomy outside and when I first opened my eyes I thought surely it was still the middle of the night. Nope! 8am!

The week had a steady uphill trajectory, as in things got a little bit better each day. After the hard push for the deployment Tuesday, Wednesday I was able to breathe and get caught up on other things and yesterday was downright quiet. Hallelulua!

I had my acupuncture appointment yesterday and was talking to her about how much improvement I'd made with the cleanse, but that I still wasn't where I needed to be as my digestion issues hadn't totally cleared. I asked her about what taking digestive enzymes would do and that sounded exactly like what was missing, so she gave me some. Now I'm taking lectin blocker, probiotics and enzymes... and have to say my tummy does feel even better this morning.

Big plans for today? This morning I have my post-cleanse tapping appointment. Then I want to go down to the store, the cozy cardigan I got isn't really what I thought it would be so I'm returning it. I'd still like something cozy for around the house, and hotel room, so I'll look at robes. Tomorrow's plans... nothing really except cleaning out the car and getting it ready to go.... same for Sunday, delightfully there are no have-to-dos on the docket.

I have a grand trip in mind, possibly a retirement trip for when world travel is acceptable again. Starting in Scotland, then hopping over to London, and then over to Norway/Sweden/Denmark and possibly heading down to Switzerland... oh heck, let's throw some France in there as well.

As my place to be right now, I'll say sitting in a cafe in Stockholm, in the Gamma Stan neighborhood (old town), having dinner with my BF after we've spent the day exploring the city.

I have a grand trip in mind, possibly a retirement trip for when world travel is acceptable again. Starting in Scotland, then hopping over to London, and then over to Norway/Sweden/Denmark and possibly heading down to Switzerland... oh heck, let's throw some France in there as well.

As my place to be right now, I'll say sitting in a cafe in Stockholm, in the Gamma Stan neighborhood (old town), having dinner with my BF after we've spent the day exploring the city.

View attachment 534426
In 1993, my mother-in-law treated my DH and I to a trip to Sweden and England. We flew to Stockholm, and sailed on the Gota Canal to Goteborg. Then we took a high speed train back to Stockholm where we spent a couple of days before flying to London. It was a whirlwind life-changing trip. I always hoped that we would one day return with DD. Not sure if that's in the cards. Being half Swedish on my father's side, and Irish/English on my mother's side, I was thrilled to explore the lands of my ancestors.

Funny that this is the question for this week. We just signed my daughter up this week for the 2022 trip to Germany, France and Spain with the schools travel club. I’ve never been one to travel outside of our country. But as soon as she asked, I said yes. We’ll have to do lots of fundraiser to afford it, but I think it will be an amazing experience for her and there is a small part of me that wants to go too. Funny enough, her twin brother has no interest in going.

But after the week I had at school, I just need to get to my happy place.:earsgirl:

Funny that this is the question for this week. We just signed my daughter up this week for the 2022 trip to Germany, France and Spain with the schools travel club. I’ve never been one to travel outside of our country. But as soon as she asked, I said yes. We’ll have to do lots of fundraiser to afford it, but I think it will be an amazing experience for her and there is a small part of me that wants to go too. Funny enough, her twin brother has no interest in going.

DS did a trip to Iceland through school his senior year. The group did a fabulous job organizing things/making the parents feel comfortable, and he had a wonderful time!!

In 1993, my mother-in-law treated my DH and I to a trip to Sweden and England. We flew to Stockholm, and sailed on the Gota Canal to Goteborg. Then we took a high speed train back to Stockholm where we spent a couple of days before flying to London. It was a whirlwind life-changing trip. I always hoped that we would one day return with DD. Not sure if that's in the cards. Being half Swedish on my father's side, and Irish/English on my mother's side, I was thrilled to explore the lands of my ancestors.
Sounds fantastic. I did the genetic blood test and came out 25% Swedish 25% English, them bits and bobs of other European stuff, including some Danish. I’ve been to England but need to do the Nordic countries.

I think if I could be anywhere right now, I would be at the beach lounging in a comfy chair smelling the salty air and watching the waves roll in. It'd be around 85 degrees and I don't really care where in the world that beach is!

Twins are gone for the weekend and I've had a lovely day! Last night and this morning I picked up all their junk from all over and tidied it up. Yes, my garbage and recycling are full! Went through their clothes and have a bag for goodwill. Did yoga before DH got up, DS1 stopped by for a little visit, then DH and I went on our "hot date" to get our flu shots! The rest of the day has been enjoying the quiet and watching itchy boots on youtube. We had a big lunch so don't need to cook dinner. I just munched on some popcorn and DH says he's going to scramble an egg later. It's been a wonderful day.

Hmmm Let's see I:

Fed Myself
Showered
Brushed my teeth
Did my hair
Took time for myself - I went shopping along and bought some new swimmers and just had a little wander around :)
I listened to music in the car (if that counts)
Played with an animal - the neighbourhood kitty came to visit a couple of times today.

I have 13 of the 24 squares covered, but no rows filled, so no BINGO for me.

I've been self-caring since Friday, starting with the tapping session which really blew me away. A lot to process, all good, really good. And a lot had to do with my Brother Phil, the one who passed away last Thanksgiving, so I am so, so thankful to have had the session right before going down to Long Beach to celebrate his birthday. Plus in every tapping session I've gone back to the side yard of the first house we lived in in Ilwaco, which is next door to Long Beach. The house is no longer there, but the front hedge is as well as the birch tree... and the side yard. I don't drive by every time I'm down there but will for sure this trip.

The weather today is magnificent, clear and cold. It's supposed to be pretty much the same the next few days at the beach, so I'm really excited. The car is cleaned out and I'm working on picking up the house, will throw in the laundry, pack and watch the football game. I'm going to catch the 5:50am ferry tomorrow and will finally stop at the Willapa Nature Refuge on the way down... something I've been meaning to do the last 20 years. I'll get to Long Beach around 10am-ish, and will have time to do some of the things I like to do while I'm on my own. Check-in is at 3pm and dinner is at 6pm, so I'm thinking a nap will fit in there quite nicely, and possibly that sauna. So excited to get going!

It has been a bit of a tiring weekend. DD had her surgery on Friday morning. Everything went great and it ended up not being as involved as the right foot. She had no scar tissue in this foot which made it better. Because of this they didn't need to take fat from her stomach to put in her foot. Last time the stomach is what bothered her the most. She is handling things good. We are exhausted though. She is taking Tylenol and Motrin alternating every 3 hours. It is like having a new born again. Last night was my night to get up so this morning has been rough. DD has only had to take the stronger meds 3 times so far. Last time she only took it once. I think she is over doing it some but the doctor said she can do what ever she would like as she is comfortable. 2 of the doses have been in the afternoon on Saturday and Sunday. This morning she had a dose but think that is because she was sitting on a bar stool doing school work and bumped it. She is back in bed doing her work for now. She has been a trooper though and has not missed any school even though she took the stronger meds.

For today we couldn't get out for a walk because it has been raining all day. So for lunch I walked for about 45minutes on the treadmill. I had to drag myself on the treadmill. I am just so tired. I am going to get back on again after work to finish with my time and steps for today. I need to get back into my routine even if I am tired.
So glad to hear everything went well!

I have enjoyed catching up the last two weeks of posts. We were away for 10 days and my grandson was with us and doing virtual school from our place in OC. Then I stayed with my daughter for several days because she and her husband are in school full time again-but not my grandson, so we are helping out. He is good for my step count-I have at least an extra 4-5,000 steps a day when he’s with me!
But my eating is all over the place and not eating the right things has me feeling really sloggy.
I made a big pot of vegetable soup today and planned meals for the week. I’ll have a little more control since he will stay at our house Wednesday-Friday. One day at a time!

Have a good Monday, everyone, and wishing you a great start to your week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!