October 22 early close MK?

aimes0105

Mouseketeer
I am helping a friend plan and had her book an ADR in MK on Tuesday 10/22 because there was no MNSSHP for that date. I'm now looking at park hours and it's showing a 6pm close that day. Anyone know why? Or if that will get pushed back later? That leaves only Wednesday the 23 with fireworks for non party people that week besides Saturday e 26 which seems crazy!

I am helping a friend plan and had her book an ADR in MK on Tuesday 10/22 because there was no MNSSHP for that date. I'm now looking at park hours and it's showing a 6pm close that day. Anyone know why? Or if that will get pushed back later? That leaves only Wednesday the 23 with fireworks for non party people that week besides Saturday e 26 which seems crazy!

It is an unknown/unannounced special event of some kind, likely a corporate event or similar. It’s around the time of the big annual Gartner IT convention and it has been speculated it could be something related to that event, but that’s just speculation.

There have been times where an early close like that was on the park calendar for awhile and ultimately adjusted to normal hours, but I wouldn’t bank on that happening.

probably rented out for the Gartner convention. There is also a yearly early park close for a CM appreciation event, but that is generally in November, although it's possible they moved it.

probably rented out for the Gartner convention. There is also a yearly early park close for a CM appreciation event, but that is generally in November, although it's possible they moved it.

Just FYI, the CM appreciation event is 12/2 this year and has a 4:30pm MK closing.

Thanks @GADisneyDad14 and @MakiraMarlena bummer I thought I had planned that well for her. Now off to see if we can adjust!
One thing to think of is that historically the days that the park closes early are a lot less busy then the other days. This is because people don't want to "waste" a day on an early close. But you can get so much more done those days in my experience.

I’m attending the Gartner conference this year. That is the evening that they have scheduled for a “special event” in the evening. In previous years lately it has been at Universal, curious if this year it moved to MK.

I’m attending the Gartner conference this year. That is the evening that they have scheduled for a “special event” in the evening. In previous years lately it has been at Universal, curious if this year it moved to MK.
I know a few years ago it was Epcot as my dad was there (he may be there this year as well I’m not sure)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!