October 9th Question

Joeblack

Proud DVC Member
According to this site, there will be one Spectromagic Show on October 9th. However, I read somewhere that there will be 2 shows on that day to "accomodate the crowds" and the park will close later.

I plan to go that day to the MK for early entry and stay until the end.

Here's my question to you Disney Experts:

Is it possible that the crowds will be huge due to "Philarmagic" opening and "Wishes" First showing?

Do you think we will be able to leave mid day and come back in the afternoon for Spectromagic/Wishes, or do you think that the park might turn away guests in the afternoon due to full capacity?

Thanks

My guess is it will be a total madhouse that day at MK. Anytime they have Spectro mid-week during the offseason, MK is very crowded. We went on a Tuesday in May when they had Spectro that night, it was the most crowded I've ever seen it. Small World had a line snaking the outside pavement at noon - you knew it was crowded! Add that to Epcot's early closing and the first showing of Wishes...it will be extremely crowded. If it was me, I would go for early entry, get your hand stamp, go somewhere else and come back mid to late afternoon. If you are staying onsite, I think you could still get in before the evening crowds hit. Onsite guests are the last not to be admitted on a capacity day. Have a great time!

Ugh! My plan as well.
We were going to be there at EE opening and then we have PS for CP at 11:30. I bet after that we will be ready to head back to the Poly. Too much of a madhouse puts my DH in a tissy.
I didn't realize that was the FIRST night of Wishes.
Double Ugh!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH....I have MK scheduled that day, although we are leaving at 2. My plan- be there for sure at 8:00 sharp and hit Mickey's Philharmagic and perhaps a few other Fantasyland rides. Then I plan on going on Splash, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, get a FP for either Space or Buzz and get lunch. Go on Buzz or Space after lunch, and cruise the shops before it's time to leave for the airport. We will have had another full day at the MK earlier in the week, so hopefully we won't be too frustrated with the crowds.

Another one for MK that day. Our plan is a little different though. I am hoping Epcot will be empty that day since it closes early, so we are going to Epcot til 3 then back to the hotel for a break and dinner than to MK for spectro and wishes. Not planning on riding just people watching. Then spend the day their fri hoping that so many people will have been their thurs that fri will be alot less crowded. The parks rarely reach capacity in the off season but if they do you can still get in since you are staying on site. Good luck with your plans. remember a crowded day at disney is still a great day.

Its not the only thing crowded! Fantasmic Dinner packages for that night have been sold out for weeks. We have been VERY worried. We booked this trip before all these dates were announced, and are getting quite concerned about heavy crowds.

Oh, well, we'll just meet lots of new friends!

We arrive that day and had planned on spending time at ASMu then going to see the fireworks and Spectro that night. We planned on getting to MK about 5:00 or 6:00. The thought never occurred to me that they would turn people away. Maybe we should go earlier.

Thanks for your replies. Good to see some fellow DISers will be sharing the "pain" of being there for Philarmagic and Wishes' opening ;-) Don't forget to wear your green ribbons.

I will devise a Plan B for October 9th if it is a complete madhouse. Go to early entry and do as much as possible. I figure by 1:00 we'll have accomplished quite a bit and go for lunch at the Crystal Palace. After that we'll just chill out and stop the commando mode touring since I don't have the patience for lines over 45 minutes (with two babies). Use a couple of fastpasses, enjoy the scenery, and make time for the first show of Spectromagic -Fantasy in the Sky - Wishes.

I figure this should work, since I have done it in Christmas day and New Year's day and have had no problem at all.

See you all friends there!!!!!!!!!!1 :bounce: :Pinkbounc :jester:

Although I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute, I never would have guessed how hard it is to plan a trip to disney!!

You think you've figured out which parks on which day, then a new piece of information comes out!!! :D

Now I know why people cancel priority seatings at the last minute! I decided yesterday that I was going to cancel a few that didn't fit in with the best park days...now that I'm rethinking the park strategy, I'm glad I still have them!

Oh well, no matter what happens it will be GREAT!!!

Tank.........we think alike!!!:p
We will be doing the same as you! Looks like we will try Epcot in the AM, then break in the afternoon.
Then plan for MK for parade and new "Wishes" fireworks.

That was also my plan, Epcot in the morning, afternoon break and evening at MK. We have a PS at CP for dinner at 5:30. We are one of the few people in the world not taking advantage of the FTP (staying off site at timeshare) so I am worried that we might not be able to get in if it's at capacity. Does anyone know if having a PS will get you in if it is at capacity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter