• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

October - Dining Plan Extended?

kbratich

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard anything from their TA whether or not the dining plan will be extended or if a new special will come out for room rates (other than AP?)
I'm still waiting!

the dining plan discount more. We are going 10/7-10/17, so we will be in line for the next set of discounts (hopefully). I have a feeling they won't extend the free dining- think thats just to attract people during hurrican season.

This is pure speculation but just based on what I have been hearing from Disney reservation agents and Disney sales reps, is that IF it were to be extended (and I don't think they know the answer to that yet), more than likely there will be a minimum ticket purchase required to eliminate the number of people who are booking with just 1 day tickets. Like for instance, it may be a required minimum of 3 day park hop tickets etc.

I understand the frustration of AP holders and DVC owners of not being able to get the dining plan. I'm a former passholder, more than likely will be one again this year, and a TA. TAs can't book the dining plan either with their discount. I've complained that they shouldn't expect us to sell it if they won't let us use it. I would love to see them put together a discounted package for AP holders as well. I don't think that is likely though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter