October late sept/all of octiber

eeyorefanuk

DIS Veteran
Can anyone think of any reason not to go on certain weeks during the above dates.
School hols or events etc
Thank you

Ps sorry cant correct to October

We're going the last two weeks of September. From what I've researched, it appears to be a relatively quiet time of year. I believe Hawaii does have a school break in early October, and many other schools and colleges have fall break over Columbus day weekend in mid-October. It's also football season for University of Hawaii so if you are visiting Waikiki on a Saturday, it could make the area crazier than normal and there's a chance the swap meet will be closed. The only other con for September/October, from what I have read, is that it's the start of the winter season so the ocean waves may be too much for swimming. Not a problem for the lagoon at Aulani, but something to consider if you're spending time at other beaches.

Oct 8th is the ironman triathlon = very busy weekend. Above post mentioned a school break in early Oct, anyone know when specifically? I'm planning sept 26 - October 3rd right now.

We were there Sept. 30-Oct. 9 last year. The weekend was very crowded at Aulani. We used those days to go explore more of the island. There was both a hurricane to the south and a tropical storm to the north that created very high waves quite early in the season. There was no swimming on the North Shore beaches. That was a bummer, but on the flip side, we saw some impressive surfing. The effect of those storms combined with the beginning of winter brought more rain to the rainy side of the island. It was raining on & off as we explored parts of North Shore. Our Kualoa Ranch tours were not as pleasant in the rain, as the views were shrouded in clouds and mist. However, I guess rain should be expected in a rainforest, right? The most disappointing was that our helicopter ride couldn't go all the way around the island due to the weather. It was beautiful, perfect, and sunny in Ko 'Olina, but we had to turn around just past Hanauma Bay because the winds were too rough and we couldn't see anything anyway. As a consolation, we got some extra time on the western coast of the island.

Would I go again during this time? Absolutely!! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter