October & November?

jott3

Mouseketeer
How is the weather in October and November? I know it is still hurricaine season, but besides that, how is it?

I really want DH to see CC. The ship was not able to dock on our first cruise and he did not go on my recent trip. We are thinking of doing a short 3-day cruise next year. :Pinkbounc

We go mid to late October / early November. It's been beautiful everytime we've gone. And lower attendance that holidays or summer - which is always a plus. :D

I concur...October and November are 2 very fine months to cruise...

We have sailed twice the second week of October and always had nice warm weather.

Sailed the first week of November last year and had perfect mid-80's and sunny weather......a little bit of rain and clouds as we docked on CC day, but it was sunny by the time we were getting off the ship.

I agree. We sailed in early October last year and had beautiful weather. It wasn't quite as humid on the Bahamas and our day on CC was nice. W had a few clouds move in and it rained maybe 10 drops but then the clouds moved on.

More that Wonderful weather!!!:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

We leave again for our second Disney cruise in just 3 weeks!! I pray we have the same weather as last year....

80 and sunny everyday. There was a cool front came in that last night and you could feel it cool down that evening and the wind was really blowing. Then next morning we left the ship is was cooler,but still wonderful. We could not have asked for a better trip.....:cool:

We have a group of 12 going on this trip and I hope it is really nice again.

Good luck!

sailed WONDER NOV 2 last year!!
Hey Michelle.....do you mean the 4 day Wonder that left Sunday, Nov 3, 2002 ? The Magic left on the 2nd. If you meant the 3rd, then I was on that cruise also :D
The captain was announcing a couple times over the PA how perfect the weather was for us, but I understand a tropical storm hit that week in either 2000 or 2001, so I guess we got REAL lucky. Hoping for a nice Nov week in 2004 too.

I get confused. We came into town on the 2nd and boarded on the 3rd. We had a fabulous time and I do remember the captain commenting on the calm water and perfect temps.;)

We loved it so much...

Did you do Palo or the Spa???? I did both and am looking forward to it again.:p :p

I am glad we have a day at sea on this next cruise. I did not want another stop at Freeport although we did have a good day on the beach there.

I just think a day of sea will fun and interesting sailing all day.
I can just relax by the pool. I may not even get off in Nassau this next trip? Depends on what my BF want to do.

We too went on last year's Magic eastern trip in October (10/5 - 10/12) and it was magnificent. It also rained just a little bit at Castaway Cay and was a little overcast. Must be something about those Fall Fridays.

Going on the western Magic trip in November (11/8 - 11/15) hoping it is the same.:Pinkbounc

We came into town on the 2nd and boarded on the 3rd
As did we......stayed at the Radisson. We drove down to watch the Magic take off on the 2nd.

Did you do Palo or the Spa???? I did both and am looking forward to it again.
We did not...that was our first cruise and we had my mil with us who was not in the best of health. In Nov 2004 we're doing the 7 day Western and will book Palo's for sure.

Maria,

We are going down again the day before,but this time early!! Last time we did not get into Orlando till 9:00 pm. We will be to the Radisson by noon this trip.;) We heard of a place called Grills in Cocoa beach and they say you can have dinner and watch the Magic leave port. They have live music ect..... Sounds like a fun place and we really want to see the magic!:p How did you get to port? We won't have a car and we were thinking a taxi could take us to Grills and then we know we have the shuttle in the morning.

Yes, You must try Palo on your next cruise!! The best food of the whole trip.......Chocolate souffle' to die for!!! I also loved the filet with some sort of sauce! YUM!!

I did the Aroma oceanwrap w/foot and scalp massage and it was WONDERful! I am doing it again this time. I felt like mush afterwards!!!:p :p

How did you get to port? We won't have a car and we were thinking a taxi could take us to Grills and then we know we have the shuttle in the morning.
We had our own car so we just drove to the closest spot where we could get a good look. We could hear the the DJ and music playing on deck as the Magic pushed off. We also used the shuttle over parking our car in the cruise lot because the Radisson lets you park no charge if you stay there. Good deal for those that drive.
Grills sounds cool---have a nice relaxing day in Cocoa Beach before the cruise and I'll def take your suggestion to dine at Palo's next time ! And the ocean wrap sounds heavenly :angel:

Maria,

We are on the same cruise as you and your family. It's getting close to the one year mark! It will be me , DH , DS 9, DS 6, DD,6. DS will be 10 at cruise time and the twins will be turning 8 two weeks after the cruise. We will be celebrating their birthday as well as our 15th anniversary. The kids have no clue about the cruise and we are going to try to keep it a surprise if possible. Do you think it's too soon to start a 11-06-04 cruise thread?:boat:

::MinnieMo Last year we were in Cat 11 and this time I managed one of those Secret porthole rooms on deck 5....Room 5020:goodvibes

I am anxious to stay there and if we like it I may try and book a 7 day for winter 2005 on the Magic!!!!:boat:

I would hope I could get the room again booking that far out!

It is a great deal!:hyper:

The kids have no clue about the cruise and we are going to try to keep it a surprise if possible. Do you think it's too soon to start a 11-06-04 cruise thread?
Hey, this is cool we'll be on the same cruise Scottygirl ! My kids, next year will be dd 12, dd 14, ds 17. My son just makes the teen club cut-off and said he wasn't going unless he could hang with the teens...lol ! He was going to boycott.
So what staterooms do you have ? We got two of the adjoining secret porthole rooms (5522 & 5524 on deck 5). Our last cruise (4 day Wonder) we had a HUGE verandah so I hope we don't miss that too much, but we needed to tighten the budget in order to do the 7 day for the five of us.
And no, it's never too late to start the 11/6/04 cruise thread ! :hyper:

I managed one of those Secret porthole rooms on deck 5....Room 5020
WTG Babyjosie :smooth:

Maria,

Great to hear from you. We are staying in a category 4 stateroom # 8020. We were going to book the SPH rooms, but my husband really wanted a verandah. BTW, he is usually the one who is tight with money!! It was only $800 more so we decided to splurge. I think if my kids were the same age as yours I would go with the two rooms for the extra space and bathroom, wise choice! Maybe we can start the who's going thread at the one year mark!pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter