October or November?

Pembo

OH-IO
We're in the thinking stages of our next trip. First we thought we could wait until next March now we're thinking this fall would be better.

So what month is better? We want it to be warm so we can swim.

We're heading down in October to try Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I'm hoping for some good weather too!!

I think its a hit and miss though - we've been several times the week AFTER Thanksgiving for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. For our first party, in 2000, it was COLD!! (But we still saw many kids swimming in the pools!) In 2001, it was kind of cold - rather warm in the day, but cool at night. In 2002, it was a little cool - but also rainy. The last day, it was cold.

We've been both months and it can be hit or miss. I did find October to be warmer to swim. Now we know that we hit a warm day during our November trips that we should swim because there might not be another one.

Last November was VERY cold and I only swam once - the kids went twice and DH skipped it altogether. One morning we were off for the day and the maid saw us in the hall with our shorts and t-shirts on and asked - "Did you know that it's only 42 outside?" :) It was the first time I saw my breath at Disney! :)

Aren't most of the pools heated? It's still cold when you get out tho..

Jill

Here's a vote for October and the MNSSHP!! Not to mention the International Food and Wine Festival. We go every October and the weather's always great. There's the occasional quick rain shower and then the sun's out shining bright as ever. The party is a blast, especially for the kids. The crowds are smaller, the lines are shorter and I wouldn't trade it for any other month in the year....well, maybe Christmas time.......

See ya at MNSSHP! - Nancy

We were there last Nov 13-19. The weather was horrible. It was cold most of the week. One day it rained all day and was very windy. The day we left 11/19 the temp was 40 degrees @ 10:30 am. We were also there 11/23-30 2001. The weather that trip was beautiful. We had 1 rainy cool day but, the rest of the week was in the 80's during the day and 60's at night. That being said we ARE going back this November 1-9. Hopefully we will get lucky and have good weather this time.

My choice would be November (late) because I love the Christmas decorations Disney puts out.

When DW and I were on our honeymoon in 98, we went for 8 days just before Thanksgiving. Every day we were there the temp was in the low to mid 80's and sunny. Only one day it rained, and that happened to be the day we went to Universal.

This just outlines how hit and miss the weather can be at this time of year. Although I'd rather take my chances with November than October. There are a few more organized events in October that tend to keep the crowd levels elevated, plus it is still hurricane season. Now...mind you not many hurricanes reach as far inland as Orlando, but they can adversely affect the weather during your stay with lousy conditions.

Brian

We love October. MNSSHP is really great. Great parades. Small lines for rides. Trick or Treating in MK. Great theming. Great time for young children to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter