October to soon?

Yeah this is a tough one. People were saying no way the Disney World wouldn't open until next year, and it's opening in a month. But Chapek said the cruises would be the last to resume, and there is still no opening date for most of the parks (California, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo). Not to mention the kinds of restrictions that Disney implemented at the US parks were a bit stricter than I expected and I think would be hard to mesh with cruising--I would expect no character meets, no shows, no deck parties or fireworks...in other words not much left that is "Disney" about the Disney cruise.

I would like to go on our scheduled cruise in August, but I just don't think it will happen. For October, the Wonder is almost certainly out given its repositioning to PC, and the Magic can't do canada cruises due to Canada's cruise ban, but the other east coast itineraries might happen. I'd expect a shorter cruise has a better chance of going ahead than a longer one--less time for an outbreak on the cruise to spread.

Last edited:
We just canceled our WBTA for October. Today was our PIF date. Too many unknowns. I do not think DCL will sail for a long time.

Every opinion on when Disney will cruise again is rank speculation. People who won't cruise until there's a cure or a vaccine have no idea if there ever will be a cure or vaccine...there are neither for SARS or MERS and we all went back to cruising without missing a beat. As for if you should book for October, that is a personal choice only you can make. We are booked on an October Halloween cruise and if Disney is cruising, we are going.
Now we have some promising vaccines, but it isn't clear whether the vaccines have kept pace with mutations of the virus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter