# of Baths at Older Vs. Newer Resorts

alady89

Mouseketeer
HI,

Okay, I admit we are new owners, having just bought at Kidani in March. We are first using our points in November and could not get into our home due to short notice and being before Thanksgiving.

However, I guess I should have read more carefully on other resorts. Both models we toured when we purchased, Kidani and BLT the 1BR had 2BA. Are these the only resorts set up at this way?

We are booked at BCV since they had openings but when I looked at floor plan I realized we only had 1BA. I guess I have gotten used to having a MBA at home and not thrilled with downgrading as part of the sales pitch which got us was why vacation at a place not as nice as your home.

Guess I will know better next time but just want to know for sure which resorts have 1BR/2BA concept vs the 1BR/1BA concept.

Thanks for all the help!

I assume you are talking about 1 BR villas? Then yes, only BLT and AKV - Kidani (and VGC at DL) have two baths. All others share one bath. Actually, at AKV the Jambo 1 BR's only have 1 bath as well.

HI,
However, I guess I should have read more carefully on other resorts. Both models we toured when we purchased, Kidani and BLT the 1BR had 2BA. Are these the only resorts set up at this way

Guess I will know better next time but just want to know for sure which resorts have 1BR/2BA concept vs the 1BR/1BA concept.

Thanks for all the help!

You are correct, only the two newest resorts, Kidani and BLT have a second bathroom off of the living room. The rest have one bathroom.

Also these resorts are set up with a pull out chair in the living room for the fifth person in a one bedroom, none of the other resorts have the chair. Although it sounds like most of these villas have room for a pullout chair, so there is hope the DVC will add the chairs later.

you still get the master bath - it is the second bath that is gone -

the master bath has a whirlpool tub, separate shower stall, nice big sink.

the laundry is a closet - so stackable washer/dryer.

BCV is a wonderful place - you will love walking to Epcot, you take a boat to Studios.

if you really want to stay at Kidani - get on the waitlist for it. You might get it. but hey would definitely take BCV it is a great resort. Until BLT it was the most popular of all the DVC resorts.

you have access to SALB (big pool between bc/yc) - and yes been swimming in Dec - so Nov (while iffy) might be just fine.

You are correct, only the two newest resorts, Kidani and BLT have a second bathroom off of the living room. The rest have one bathroom.

Also these resorts are set up with a pull out chair in the living room for the fifth person in a one bedroom, none of the other resorts have the chair. Although it sounds like most of these villas have room for a pullout chair, so there is hope the DVC will add the chairs later.

Having stayed only once in a 1br at SSR, I have to say I can't imagine there being enough room for a sleeper chair in the room. With the sofa sleeper unfolded, there wasn't enough room left. IMO. Perhaps at OKW they might have room since those units are so large. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I thought BCV, BWV and VWL were all similar in size to SSR.

Also, if you ever stay at OKW, be aware that in the buildings below building #30, the only entrance to the bathroom is thru the Master Bedroom. That can be kind of inconvenient, as we found out, if DMIL is sleeping on the sofabed in the living room and gets up to use the bathroom.

How is MBA set up? Can I soak in the tub and enter from MBR while locking the other door is there is one at BCV?

I suppose from now on my best bet is to book home resort at 11 mo so I can get the 2nd bath I want. I will try to keep an open mind at BCV.

Also, we were able to secure GCV at Disneland in a 1 BR at Spring Break in April and I was glad to hear they have 2BA in the 1BR.

I am very happy and excited about that trip now! We are staying 5 nights there and 2 in San Diego, just haven't found the hotel yet.

Thanks again everyone! We are still going to DW and on DCL, so how bad can anything be:yay:

How is MBA set up? Can I soak in the tub and enter from MBR while locking the other door is there is one at BCV?

Yes, the soaking tub area is accessed from the master BR. From the master BR there is a door out to the living area. From the living area this is also a door into the shower/sink/toilet area and from that area there is another door leading into the tub/sink area.

If that's all confusing then the short answer is just yes you can soak in the tub, shut doors and others can still use the toilet/shower/sink area at BCV. :thumbsup2 Also, there isn't a door between the tub and the master bedroom - just a wall that has a cut out with louvered shutters that you can open or close to look into the bedroom.

Just FYI, the DVC member site has floor plans for all of the villa types at each resort; Click on 'View Resorts', then choose the resort you want and click on 'Accomodations', and then on 'Click here for room layout' for the type of villa you want to see. It makes it easier to see which Master baths have easiest access to the living room, and where you can close the tub off from the toilet!

ETA: I just checked, and they do not have layouts of BLT villas online yet, and only have the Kidani layout for AKV. Well, MOST of the villas have floorplans online!

The floor plans are also in the vacation planner that you get from DVC.

Thanks everyone - good to know about the floor plans.

And thanks so much for the info on BCV - I feel much better knowing I can soak peacefully after long day at parks while everyone else showers.:littleangel:

My hubby is a park commando so we tend to arrive 1/2 hour before open and stay to they push us out. The whirlpool tub is my top amenity for the villas since for me vacation means NO cooking. Love the fridge and micro though since we almost always take dessert home when we use the dining plan, never have room left and if the options are good can be breakfast the next morning.

Thanks again for all the good info!

The whirlpool tub is my top amenity for the villas since for me vacation means NO cooking. Love the fridge and micro though since we almost always take dessert home when we use the dining plan, never have room left and if the options are good can be breakfast the next morning.

I hear you! While I have cooked full dinners a few times in the villa, the whirlpool bath is the #1 priority for me. I'm staying in a 1br by myself on my next trip, not because I need the room, but because I NEED the tub! If I happen to cook a breakfast or two in the kitchen, that's just a nice bonus!

Close door, yes. Lock ???? Not sure - anyone know?

If it isn't clear from the floorplans, the tub and a sink are in the MBR, separated by a half wall. There are two door out. One leads to the living room / dining area. The other into the bathroom, where the shower, toilet and another sink are. There is a second door out of the bathroom leading to the living room / dining area. You can close both doors to the MBR, but I'm not sure you can lock the bathroom door from the MBR side.

As someone posted, that's the setup at the newest OWK rooms, VWL, BCV, BWV and SSR. The old rooms at OWK are different.

My hubby is a park commando so we tend to arrive 1/2 hour before open and stay to they push us out. The whirlpool tub is my top amenity for the villas since for me vacation means NO cooking. Love the fridge and micro though since we almost always take dessert home when we use the dining plan, never have room left and if the options are good can be breakfast the next morning.
!

You may find that the walk to your room from EPCOT after dinner is so close-you may just drop off your leftovers and then go back for that Soarin FP and Illuminations. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter