#of "Boardwalk view" Rooms?????

goofy49

DIS Rookie
Hello everyone!! I am coming to the "experts" of DVC! Does anyone know how many "Boardwalk View" rooms there are at BWV's??:confused3 The second question I have is, Is it worth the extra points compared to "standard" view? I am planning WDW trip with DW, DD(10), and In-laws in early Dec-07. Would need a 2Bedroom and I know there are no "dedicated" 2Bedrooms at BWV. I know this is a busy time of year, and that I have to book day by day. I am just wondering if it will be worth the "stress":scared: of going on waitlist for this time of year if I don't get all my days. Thanks for any help, after all, it was the great people on this board that made up our minds to buy, and we could not be more excited!!!!!! Happy New Year to everyone!:thumbsup2

Someone else will need to help with # of BW view rooms. Whether it is worth the extra points is a matter of opinion. As you can see from my signature, it is definitely worth the points to me. But others much prefer using fewer points on standard view and thus allowing themselves more days of vacation. Some standard view rooms (facing the bus stop) have a very good view of Epcot fireworks. You are wise to call at 11 months, day by day. Good luck in your decision. That time of year is my favorite, so you can't go wrong in any event!

About 20% of the rooms are BW View, about 20% are Standard View. The remaining 60% are preferred view - same number of points, but views of the pool, community hall, canal, etc.

We are frugal and generally book SV rooms if we have the opportunity. We've had the BW View, and it is nice. We've also booked late trips where the only thing available was preferred view. I'm not a huge Boardwalk View fan, but most people think its one of the nicest views WDW offers. To me, the big advantage is you know your view - the BW View rooms are all very similar in view - the preferred view rooms can be great, or can be worse than the standard view rooms. So if we aren't booking SV, we try and book BWView for consistancy.

However, to me, the waitlist stress isn't worth it - I'd just go preferred view if Boardwalk or Standard View weren't available and take my chances.

We've booked at boardwalk view for our first trip home in May. However for our trip Nov 16-20 we've booked a standard view.

Since it's your first time going to the BWV, you might do the same as me and book a standard view room for your first visit to save points and not know what you'll be missing. ;)

I'm staying in a one-bedroom SV for my May trip, and I'm currently booking a day-by-day BW view studio for December.

I believe the BW view is well worth it. From talking to other people in other posts I have come to the conclusion that all the BW view 2brs are above the Big River Brewery. So there might only be 8, but that just seems like too few to me. If someone has stayed in 2br BW view in a place other than the two columns above the Big River Brewery chime in and correct me.

I believe the BW view is well worth it. From talking to other people in other posts I have come to the conclusion that all the BW view 2brs are above the Big River Brewery. So there might only be 8, but that just seems like too few to me. If someone has stayed in 2br BW view in a place other than the two columns above the Big River Brewery chime in and correct me.

We've been in one above the Screen Door.

So far so good. 2 nights booked, 5 more to go.:scared: Thanks for info everyone. Good advice Crisi, I think I will remember that in the future about "knowing your view". We had our 1st trip home in Dec. in a "preferred view" rooms 5086 and 5088 and a very nice view of Luna pool. I just don't want to jinx myself!!!!!:eek:

So which view did you choose? I am booking a BWV standard view 2 bed right now for next december. Day by day is tedious, but at least you get what you want.

Well, I got curious and started to look at BW pictures. This is all rather silly but thought I would report my findings. :rolleyes1 :sick:

First, I know that some of the rooms facing the village green area are BWview but I'm not going to include those to my thoughts. I counted 134 rooms (sliding doors) that face the Boardwalk. These are rooms not villas. 42 of those 'rooms' are the GV's. That leaves 92 'rooms' for the studios, 1 & 2 bedrooms. I went on Instimpres's room report list and saw at least 7 2 bedrooms, some located in the crest o'wave section. I stopped at that point since I didn't think I could get enough room type/view info to finish. If all 92 rooms were 2 bedroom lock-offs then there would be 30 possible BWview villa's (but there are probably some dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms so it will be more.):teacher:

If all 92 rooms were 2 bedroom lock-offs then there would be 30 possible BWview villa's (but there are probably some dedicated studios and 1 bedrooms so it will be more.)

I got this off of a site I have not been able to mention on here even without the www and com.

Rooms: 383 (532 max)
Dedicated Studio: 97
Dedicated One Bedroom: 130
Dedicated Two Bedroom: 0
Lockoff Two Bedroom: 149
(Each can be booked separately as 1B and Studio)
Grand Villas: 7

Lexx, I decided to go for the BW view, all but last 2 nights booked.:scared: JekJones, do you remember what room# your signature picture was?:thumbsup2 Also, can you see any fireworks from the balcony?

goofy49,
I am the world's worst at remembering room numbers (lucky to remember when I'm there! :laughing: ) but it may have been 3041, just under Debbie's room. It actually was recessed slightly, so we could not see as much to the left as with some rooms that are not recessed, though we did see a few MK fireworks. The view of Epcot fireworks was great. The BW view rooms we don't like are the --51 rooms. They actually face the Village Green. 2051 has a HUGE balcony off the master but there is a tree blocking the view. 5051 has a very small balcony. We also prefer to not have 2nd floor because so many of them have the solid wall balconies. (2nd floor rooms at the end of the hall in the Crest of the Wave building have the railed balconies and a great view.) The walled ones are fine for watching fireworks, but we like seeing the Friendship boats and the activity on the boardwalk, which is not possible unless you stand up when you have a solid wall balcony. (If your main goal is to watch fireworks, the walled balconies are really big and are covered, so rain is no problem.) I also love falling asleep while watching Spaceship Earth and that doesn't work with the walled balconies either.
Have a fabulous trip. Hope you enjoy the view as much as I do. Our next 2 trips will be at OKW. Love those big rooms and the grand villa and the parking, but I know I will be very, very much missing the BW view :sad1: .

IMO, BW view versus SV depends on where you're going to be on your trip. If you're at the parks or DTD, then you're mostly likely going to come back to the room and go to sleep! If you're going to have some or all members of the trip relaxing back in the room, then it may be worth while to have the BW view.
NOTE: I would expect the Epcot fireworks to be louder and brighter with a BW view if you have any sleepers or going to sleep at that time.

:banana: Yeahhhhhh, we finished up ressie today for our trip home 12/1 - 12/8, 2br "boardwalk view", I am soooo ready to pack!!!:cool1: Thanks for all the info, especially DebbieB and jekjones for pics and room info!!!::cheer2: Now just have to wait for 180 day mark for Adr's. Thanks again everyone!! :cloud9:

I was very surprised with how quiet the BW view was, evan the second floor. I have to have the 2br cause I take my parents, brother and his girlfriend in addition to my wife and son. We close out the parks and open them up so we are away from the room alot but IMHO the BW view is well worth the points cause evan though its late my brother and I will usually hang out on the balconey have a couple of beers talk about the day just enjoying the view while everyone else is asleep.

Congrats, goofy!
Since I will not be staying at BWV next holiday season :sad1: I am happy that someone else who is excited about the BW view will be enjoying in my place. Have a magical time!

Stayed at both the boardwalk views are worth the extra points to us. In Oct had rm 4005 studio, fantastic fireworks view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter