Of course we're going back to Disney - where else would I be? A July, '19 PTR - Updated 07-01

Ruthie, thanks for all the great tips! I just have to get it in my head that we WILL be dealing with super hot, humid, and occasional cloudbursts. But as they say, a day at Disney is magical and better than a day anywhere else!
Tomorrow is fastpass day! Wish me luck!
We get there in 6/29. I'll keep an eye out for you! :sunny:

FAST PASS DAY!!!
I woke up this morning with a big smile on my face - it was fast pass day!

And also my birthday. Another successful trip around the sun for me. The 20th anniversary of my 28th birthday. There has been a lot of cupcake eating at the office. And very little work completed. But I digress . . .

I actually tried to start booking my fast passes yesterday. If only because I thought if there was some glitch in the app, it might let me book a day early. That would be a hearty no. Okay, fine, I guess I'll abide by the rules. Seems silly to me, but whatever!

Let me start with we are not rope drop kind of people. I need (and want) my sleep. I have to get up early enough in my real life, so there is no way I'm getting up at the crack of dawn and run myself ragged and be exhausted at the end of the trip. Keep that in mind when you see our daily start times. I know we may miss out on big things, but I'm a pretty patient person and will eventually get on those big ticket rides! So without further ado, I give you our fast passes!!

July 6th - EPCOT
10:45 Soarin'
11:45 Living with the Land
12:55 Mission Space

July 7th - Hollywood Studios
11:50 Toy Story Mania (we have a breakfast ressie this morning)
1:00 Frozen Sing-along
2:20 Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

July 8th - Animal Kingdom
10:00 Kilimanjaro Safaris
1:30 Festival of the Lion King
2:45 Expedition Everest

July 10th - Magic Kingdom
10:50 Meet Mickey and Minnie Mouse
12:15 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
3:10 Space Mountain

July 11th - EPCOT
11:00 Character Spot
12:10 Journey into Imagination
1:20 Nemo and Friends

I am honestly pretty pleased with myself. I got a good balance of roller coasters for Tony and calm rides for me. I also tried to think about where things were so we are not bouncing around the parks trying to make our fast pass times. And I wanted to make sure there were things for me to do while Tony was riding some of the coasters. For instance, while he is on Mine Train, I can get my picture taken with Pooh and Tigger. And for every coaster ride, Tony can actually ride twice by taking my magic band the second time. That is a good balance for having to ride Small World.

Last week I also reserved our ECV's. So here's the funny story about that. Right before I called Gold Mobility, I had used my debit card (thru the local credit union) to put a deposit down on my birthday present - a new tattoo! When I called Gold Mobility and had them run my debit card it was declined for "unusual purchases". So just as an FYI, your bank might get suspicious if you purchase a tattoo and an ECV reservation within the same 30 minutes. It all got worked out in the end. ECV's are reserved and our tattoo appointment is Friday at 6:00. My to-do list is getting shorter and our countdown is getting smaller!

58 more days!!

I woke up this morning with a big smile on my face - it was fast pass day!

And also my birthday.

Yay!! and :bday: Hope you have a great day!! :flower3:

"unusual purchases". So just as an FYI, your bank might get suspicious if you purchase a tattoo and an ECV reservation within the same 30 minutes.

:laughing: That's funny!! My bank calls me whenever I use it to book a flight for Southwest! I do this a lot as we travel often, but each.. and every time... we book a flight, they call me for "suspicious" activity!:confused3

Good FP choices!! We aren't early risers, either! Nothing wrong with sleeping in on vacation!:thumbsup2

Your FP's look good. Next trip with my DH I think I'll try the later start. I like the idea of a more relaxed start to the day. Looking forward to your TR to hear how all your plans work out!

Ruthie, thanks for all the great tips! I just have to get it in my head that we WILL be dealing with super hot, humid, and occasional cloudbursts. But as they say, a day at Disney is magical and better than a day anywhere else!
Tomorrow is fastpass day! Wish me luck!
We get there in 6/29. I'll keep an eye out for you! :sunny:

How did your fast passes go? Did you get everything you wanted?

If you see us, please say hi. We are honestly hard to miss!

Yay!! and :bday: Hope you have a great day!! :flower3:

:laughing: That's funny!! My bank calls me whenever I use it to book a flight for Southwest! I do this a lot as we travel often, but each.. and every time... we book a flight, they call me for "suspicious" activity!:confused3

Good FP choices!! We aren't early risers, either! Nothing wrong with sleeping in on vacation!:thumbsup2

I had a great birthday. I'm glad it's finally Friday so that Tony and I can finally begin celebrating. We have both had to work all week long.

We just cannot do the rope drop and go-go-go all day long. By day 3 we would be exhausted and it's just too much money to spend to not enjoy every minute. To each their own for a touring plan!

Your FP's look good. Next trip with my DH I think I'll try the later start. I like the idea of a more relaxed start to the day. Looking forward to your TR to hear how all your plans work out!

The later start works even better in the summer months since the parks stay open longer. Of course I just read that when Galaxy's Edge opens, the parks will open at 6:00 AM, and I'm sure people will be in line an hour or more before that. Not on my best day would that ever happen!

Things here are poking right along. I made the reservations for our hotel in Valdosta, GA. I had enough points to cover a full night at Candlewood Inn and Suites. Another thing checked off the list! And I think I forgot to report that I was able to find a better time for 'Ohana. We are now at 5:30!!! Which will be perfect. We can have a relaxed dinner and then head back over the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the evening and not feel rushed to get a spot for HEA. At this point, the only thing I have to do is get our Groupon's for the trip. Everything else is done and - better yet - paid for.

Still no update from Social Security, which is so frustrating. The website says he is getting his June payments as scheduled but I know they can change their minds any time. I convinced Tony to go to the Social Security office today and talk to a claims person to see if there is any progress. Because in the back of my mind, if they take away his benefits and I have to cancel this trip, I need to do it before I'm penalized. I just hope that is not the case.

In the meantime - 54 more days!

In the summer the parks would certainly be more pleasant after the sun goes down. 6 am - no thank you but I'm sure there will be hordes of people there well before then. I'm an early riser but the older i get the more I hate getting up super early.

Seems like all I hear now is people booking things on points - I need to get that figured out! I have a Disney Visa but don't really maximize it the way that I could. 5:30 for Ohana is perfect!

Good luck with the social security. I'm thinking good thoughts!

SO I DID A THING . . .
Tattoo.jpg

My birthday tattoo!!! It is on the inside of my left arm. It didn't hurt, but it stung a little bit and is still a little tender. But I absolutely love it.

As far as trip planning goes, well, until I can start packing, we are in complete down time. I guess this is the consequence of being organized. Everything is done and now we just wait. It does make for a slightly boring trip report. What else is going on in my life? My "niece" is getting married in a couple of weeks. I use the quotation marks because she is the daughter of one of my closest friends that I have known since middle school. I think of him as a brother, so therefore, Krista is my niece. She is marrying a really sweet guy and they will likely be happy forever, which is what you want for a young couple. I need to find something to wear. It is an afternoon wedding in a church with a church reception. So not too dressy, but appropriate to be in church. I find those kind of events the hardest to find something to wear. I need a dress, but not too dressy. But not too flashy, because I'll be at a church. I know - first world problems. Time to dig deep in my closet.

In the summer the parks would certainly be more pleasant after the sun goes down. 6 am - no thank you but I'm sure there will be hordes of people there well before then. I'm an early riser but the older i get the more I hate getting up super early.

Seems like all I hear now is people booking things on points - I need to get that figured out! I have a Disney Visa but don't really maximize it the way that I could. 5:30 for Ohana is perfect!

Good luck with the social security. I'm thinking good thoughts!

There is nothing - and I mean nothing - that would have me up, dressed, ready and in line for whatever that something is by 6:00 in the morning. Maybe George Clooney coming over for breakfast? Nope, he can come over later.

I don't have a Disney Visa. I do surveys to build up points to go towards gift cards. It takes forever, but easy to do.

51 more days!

I'm still here!

I hope I haven't lost my readers during this trip planning process. I feel like I should be getting on here and going on and on about the details of, well, our trip. But I've done that. Life right now for Tony and I is basically work, work, work. Nobody wants to hear about that. I am currently at the office listening to "Sorcerer Radio" while I am working. Have you downloaded that app yet? If you haven't, well you should. It is non-stop park music and it just makes me happy. It does drive my co-workers crazy though. They can either have Disney music or 80's music - what would they like me to sing??

The only update right now that I have is that I was able to change our Whispering Canyon Café reservation to Artist Point with Snow White! I did another touring plans sign up and as soon as I got the text, I logged on and signed in and got a 7:30 dinner time slot. It's a little bit later than I would like, but I'm sure I can adjust it as we get closer. I am very excited to meet my secret crush Dopey and the oh so scary Evil Queen!

Dopey.jpg

Evil queen.jpg

Does anyone know if there are photo pass photographers there? I know you see the queen at the end of the meal. Very exciting.

43 more days!!

Does anyone know if there are photo pass photographers there? I know you see the queen at the end of the mea
Hi! I’ve been reading your PTR this evening and really enjoying it! I’m so glad you got Ohana and Storybook Adventures! There is a PhotoPass person with the Evil Queen. The other characters you can have the handler get your picture. We loved our meal here, very good!!
My daughter and I will be at WDW in August, yay!!

Cute tattoo!! :thumbsup2

I love Touring Plans reservation finder! They've scored my ADR every time I use it!! I can't wait to hear about the Artist Point character meal!!

Just checking in!!!

All is fine here in rainy KY. I hope none of you have been caught up in the horrible tornado type weather that has been going on. I literally have nothing new to report trip wise. Tony and I are planning on having a yard sale next Saturday to have a little extra spending money. And to clean out some closets. How is it that two adults can accumulate so much stuff??? But we are having the "sale of the century" next Saturday. If you're in the area - come on by! I might have Tony with a sticker on his forehead that says $1 or best offer!

We went to my niece's wedding last weekend. Thank goodness for waterproof mascara. The bride - Krista - absolutely adored my mom. And as soon as we walked into the church there was a table for family members who were watching from heaven, and there was a huge picture of my mom wearing a princess tiara. First set of tears. And then I saw Krista. Cried again. And then Krista's dad saw me and he started crying. So I cried some more. I was a mess. And the wedding hadn't even started yet. It was nothing short of a fabulous day.

Knox wedding 1.jpg

It was also 1000 degrees outside and we were all squinting!

Knox wedding 2.jpg

Isn't she just beautiful? Zack is adorable too.

Hi! I’ve been reading your PTR this evening and really enjoying it! I’m so glad you got Ohana and Storybook Adventures! There is a PhotoPass person with the Evil Queen. The other characters you can have the handler get your picture. We loved our meal here, very good!!
My daughter and I will be at WDW in August, yay!!

I'm glad to hear there is a PP person with the Evil Queen. I'm way too excited about this meal!!

I didn't know about Sorcerer's Radio and I just downloaded. yay!!!

I love this app. My favorite time is when they play music from parades or fireworks shows.

Cute tattoo!! :thumbsup2

I love Touring Plans reservation finder! They've scored my ADR every time I use it!! I can't wait to hear about the Artist Point character meal!!

They got us everything I asked for. I had never used it before but will from now on for my hard to get dinners - I'm looking at you 'Ohana.

Beautiful bride!!

My DS, Kyle, is getting married next year! I'm trying to plan how NOT to cry! Once I cry, I'm a big mess!! Don't want to look horrible in the pictures!

I love weddings. They always make me cry. Good luck on the garage sale - hope you generate lots of $$$. Your trip is getting close! :cool1:

Okay, I need some opinions!!! Has anyone rented a cabana at the Contemporary Resort? I got a wild idea that on our rest day, I would check into renting a cabana for us. I looked on the WDW website, and anyone can rent at the Contemporary or Grand Floridian. The GF is booked solid for our rest day, but the Contemporary has availability. But are you ready for the price?

Hold your breath.

Hang on to something.

For only four hours - $179.99.

Now it comes with a bunch of stuff -
  • Padded furniture, including chairs and couch
  • Ceiling fan
  • Bluetooth® speaker
  • Television with cable service
  • Phone for internal Resort calls
  • Fruit tray
  • Mini refrigerator stocked with complimentary sodas and water
  • Complimentary skincare products
  • Safe
I didn't make the reservation, because that's just a lot of money to spend. I can buy a lot of pretty things for that kind of money. But the thought of that kind of luxury vs. the pool at All-Star Music. I can't decide. What do you all think???

Beautiful bride!!

My DS, Kyle, is getting married next year! I'm trying to plan how NOT to cry! Once I cry, I'm a big mess!! Don't want to look horrible in the pictures!

She was a beauty, that's for sure. I'm not a good person to give suggestions for not crying. Keep tissues in your purse and have someone on stand-by with extra make-up!!!

I love weddings. They always make me cry. Good luck on the garage sale - hope you generate lots of $$$. Your trip is getting close! :cool1:

The hateful weather dudes are calling for rain this weekend. I hope that the forecast changes. I want this stuff out of our house!!!

We leave one month from tomorrow!!! Can I start packing yet??

Wow - that sounds like a lot of $$ for 4 hours! For that price, I'm thinking it should be for all day.....

Sure, you can start packing! I worked with someone who would pack far ahead of trips. I finally tried it and it works well for me. Takes away a lot of the last minute stress. Hope the rain holds off for you!

Hold your breath.

Hang on to something.

For only four hours - $179.99.

Ruthie- we've rented cabanas at the Hard Rock hotel at Universal and LOVED it!! Yes- a big splurge indeed but it was great! To have a reserved spot at the pool with all the extras- especially a safe for your belongings is wonderful!!! I say as long as the budget allows, go for it!! You guys work hard and deserve a little pampering now and then! :thumbsup2

It's so nice to say that "next month is vacay!". I might be starting the part of my life which is known as slightly obnoxious. I may or may not be telling my co-workers the countdown every day. Or mentally packing the suitcases and figuring out how I want things loaded in the van. Yeah, I'm doing all of those things. Consider yourself lucky we're all only on-line friends!!!

In other news, we booked the cabana! Here is my thought process - if I had booked a desert party or bought extra magic hours, it would have been that much or more. I really wanted to do something special for us and this is something that is very "oh la la". We have a cabana for 4 hours at the quiet pool overlooking bay lake. I've looked at the pictures, and I have to say that this is going to be the best money I will be spending the entire trip!

Cabana.jpg

I'm going to need to start saying nice things to Mother Nature. If you've read my previous trip reports, you know that historically she and I don't get along. Basically, she hates me. I say bad things about her, so there's that. I need big fluffy white clouds, or just slightly overcast for this to be as wonderful as I want it to be. Of course I've also had to talk to Tony about not acting all redneck when we get there. I don't want one of us to yell out "look at that big ole cement pond"!!

Wow - that sounds like a lot of $$ for 4 hours! For that price, I'm thinking it should be for all day.....

Sure, you can start packing! I worked with someone who would pack far ahead of trips. I finally tried it and it works well for me. Takes away a lot of the last minute stress. Hope the rain holds off for you!

I've mentally packed - but nothing has actually hit the suitcase. Yet.

Yard sale was rained out. It will have to wait til we get back.

Ruthie- we've rented cabanas at the Hard Rock hotel at Universal and LOVED it!! Yes- a big splurge indeed but it was great! To have a reserved spot at the pool with all the extras- especially a safe for your belongings is wonderful!!! I say as long as the budget allows, go for it!! You guys work hard and deserve a little pampering now and then! :thumbsup2

We booked it!! I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter