% of HA villas per hotel?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Just curious-are there any rules regarding the % of HA villas that must be available in a hotel? Last week, I did a split stay between BCV and AKV-Kidani. I'm pretty sure BCV has 9 or 10 HA studios, some tub with rails, some roll in shower. Yet, Kidani's front desk told me that they have no more than 4 HA studios, 2 each of savannah and standard view. I was very surprised since I thought that since Kidani has more rooms overall than BCV, they would certainly have more than 9 or 10 HA studios. So I've been wondering-is each hotel just required to have "some" HA rooms, with no set #? Or is there a % requirement? Anyone know?

Some of Kindani may meet some HA features. HA and wheelchair accessible is not exactly the same.
Yeah, especially when it comes to the bathrooms. Some might have just grab bars at the toilet/tub while others will have roll-in showers. (The size of the roll in showers will differ too, where some will be just big enough for a flip down bench to where you can get a full-size shower chair in like the one pictured below.)

IMG_8087.jpeg

So DVC isn’t a hotel…
AKV has 467 rooms

per this website,

https://wheelchairtravel.org/hotels/ada-design-requirements/

if it were a hotel, it should have 13 total. But again, thats across Kidani and Jambo
For ADA purposes, timeshares (which DVC is) are basically considered hotels:
https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/D...are required to,in showers, must be available.

They have to have the same minimum number of accessible units, but they can have more than the minimum.

There is another item at play with timeshares though that ADA does account for and that is the fact that there are different sized rooms and each size of room will require a minimum number of units with and without roll in showers, which is why DH can't understand how Disney got away with not having studios with roll in showers, especially at the new Disneyland Tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter