# of Points for non-DVC vacations

Gabby&Liv's Mommy

Mouseketeer
I am sure that there is a thread covering this, but I can't find it. Can someone point me in the right direction. Are there point charts for non-DVC vacations?

We are hoping that eventually we could use points to on a adventures by disney trip or some of their other trips. Aproximately, how many points you need for these? Is there a chart somewhere?

we are using 160 pints for a 1 bedroom in Gatlinburg, TN. Westgate resorts has plenty off dates open. So using your points for non dcv vacations can really pay off. We are going in june of next year.

Here is some basic info for II and BVTC exchanges.

I wanted to post the additional info I got from this years II and BVTC audit. Here’s the points exchange grid:
  1. Studio - 106 Low/123 Mid/134 High
  2. 1 BR - 124 Low/144 Mid/160 High
  3. 2 BR - 207 Low/252 Mid/270 High
  4. 3 BR - 276 Low/317 Mid/349 High

Interval International exchanges

• 2001 - 1141 exchanges, 241 pending and 53.6% success rate. 1.9% of members had exchanged during 2001. 332 properties were listed with II during
  • 2001 and at that time there were 60,251 members.
  • 2002 - 1396 exchanges and 277 pending exchanges for a success rate of 74.6%. There 336 II exchange options (# of resorts) and 68,875 members. Overall 2% of members exchanged.
  • 2003 - 2088 exchanges and 446 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 79% (exchanges/requests). There were 375 II exchange options and 74,860 members during 2003.
  • 2004 - 2376 exchanges, 586 pending and 89.3% success rate. 2.8% of members had exchanged during 2004. 432 properties were listed with II during 2004 and at that time there were 85,017 members.
  • 2005 - 2914 exchanges, 704 pending and 91.6% success rate. 3% of members had exchanged during 2004. 432 properties were listed with II during 2004 and at that time there were 98156 members.

Club Cordial

Reservations for Cordial are made by paper, so takes a few days. They can be made up to 10 months and 7 days out. If you want to schedule more than one, you have separate $75 fees.
  • 2001 - 35 exchanges with 7 pending with a success rate of 30.7%.
  • 2002 – 33 exchanges with 12 pending with a success rate of 31.1%.
  • 2003 - 21 exchanges and 6 pending exchanges (owed to DVC members). This was an exchange success rate of 47.7% (exchanges/requests)
  • 2004 - 53 exchanges and 14 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 71.6%
  • 2005 - 26 exchanges and 10 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 68.4%

Club Intrawest

For Club Intrawest it's 7 months and 7 days for 6 days or longer (but can't be 7 days) and 4 months 7 days our for stays less than 6 days. And given CI system, that means the chances of getting something good like Xmas or Easter Whistler or Xmas HI is essentially zero.

• 2001 - 39 exchanges, 8 pending and 27.9% for last year.
  • 2002 - 48 exchanges and 3 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 38.4% (exchanges/requests).
  • 2003 - 111 exchanges and 30 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 57.7%
  • 2004 - 179 exchanges and 33 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 59.3%
  • 2004 - 160 exchanges and 31 pending exchanges. This was an exchange success rate of 64.0%

Editorial 7/21/05 – While the numbers are similar to last year it appears that more were successful or at least less unsuccessful tries this past year. This is likely do to the non refundable fee with those that are mostly window shopping not participating plus maybe a few more choices enticing some that might not have jumped in.

How do I find out where we can stay with these 'outside' exchanges? I know about the Concierge Collectoin but am not clear on II, Club Cordial etc

BevS97 said:
How do I find out where we can stay with these 'outside' exchanges? I know about the Concierge Collectoin but am not clear on II, Club Cordial etc
If you are a member, you can get to II's DVC website from the member site. If not, you can request the info from DVC as part of a sales offering. The other way to get an idea is to go to II's website and look at their non member resort directory. Most of the good resorts are on the DVC outside the Orlando area. That totals about 25% of the total resort offerings in II. For BVTC to see Club Cordial and Club Intrawest, you can see that on the DVC website. You can also look at CI website for their listing of resorts. I don't know of a good general non password listing for all of these areas for non members.

i am a member, and I have now managed to find the disney II site, it's not easy to find!

I doubt we will use this option often, but as we are in Europe it's useful to know that if we can't make it to Orlando one year, then we have the option of using the points for a week in Spain or Portugal.

Your question brings up a question for me. When we purchased 10 years ago, we were given a book that had information about all the exchanges available to us. Do they not do that anymore for new members?

dianeschlicht said:
Your question brings up a question for me. When we purchased 10 years ago, we were given a book that had information about all the exchanges available to us. Do they not do that anymore for new members?
They still publish lists from time to time but they change and are always out dated. With II running the list it should always be totally up to date as well as providing more info that DVC never passed on such as the unit types, phone number and check in days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter