# of ticket days must match nights at resort?

mlwear

DIS Veteran
I can't find this answer anywhere on my own. I want to make two separate ressies, and they will be back to back. Yes, it is for the free dining :thumbsup2 .
I already have a reservation at the Poly before the free dining promotion starts. I have 6 day park hopper tickets and am staying 5 nights (I also have the dining package if this makes a difference). Can I change my 6 day park hoppers to 8 day park hoppers on this reservation and use the other two days on my next reservation, which starts the next day or do the tix expire when we check out? My second ressie (provided free dining is available still when I call) will be for 3 nights, I know I will have to buy one day tix to get the free dining. (I think that is right, anyway)
Of course it is cheaper to add two days onto my six day tix rather than my 1 day tix on separate second ressie.

Can I do this? Will my two other days of tix be valid or expired?

TIA

Your park tickets do not need to match the number of nights stayed but your dining plan does. You can get the 8 day park hopper and then you have 14 days to use those 8 days from the first day you use the ticket. We had tickets for 2 days longer then our stay. We went to Cocoa Beach for a few days after Disney and thought that if the weather was horrible at the beach we could head back to Disney for another trip through the parks. It was only about $6 more for the extra day. We ended up not using the extra days though. I don't know if you will have to buy a one day park ticket for the dining plan or not since you will already have park tickets. It would be something to call about though.

golfgal is right about your first question.

You will need to get 1 day tickets for your second reservation though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter