• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Off site Hotel question

tlg145

Earning My Ears
I was hoping somebody out there could give me some advise on any of the following hotels off site. My husband and I have no kids and will be traveling to Disneyworld in November for 8 days. We plan on doing Universal and Islands of Adventure also. These are some of my choices for hotels. I would really appreciate any help or reviews from those of you who have stayed at these hotels or have heard anything about them. I am also open to other hotel suggestions. Thanks so much for your help. We would like to stay around the $80-$90 range per night or less.

1) The Castle Doubletree
2) Hyatt Orlando (1.5 m from Disney)
3) Shearton Safari
4) Renaissance World Gate
5) Radisson Parkway

Thanks again, Teresa

Have you considered Priceline or even Hotwire?Priceline in my opinion has always come up with better deals so far. If you are not super picky, then you should be able to get a nice 4 star hotel for less than that. Several of the ones youlisted are only 3 stars so it should be comparabel at the least. Without children and staying off site you should be able to get either the Marriott Orlando World Cetner which is fabulous!, Wyndham Palace in Downtown Disney that gets good reviews or a remote possilbity of the Swan or Dolphin but I wouldn't count on it : ) Of course there is a possibloity that another hotel could come up in the zone, but for the price and if you are flexible, all the hotels have shuttles, and should be to your liking.

Jenn

Absolutely!! Priceline would be perfect for you. You could get a 3* well below your budget and possibly a 4* within your budget (the 4* hotels typically have a $6-$9 daily resort fee that you'll need to take into account). The only problem may be getting an 8 day bid accepted, but it's definitely worth a try.

I administer a message board to discuss Priceline bidding. We currently have a $5/night (max value $25) bonus money offer available on the Bonus Money Opportunities category.

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

By the way, several of the hotels you list have reviews posted in the Florida category in the Hotel Reviews section of the board.

Hi Jenn,

I have never used Priceline. From what I understand you place bid for a 4 star hotel and you have to take whatever comes up. I worry that if I don't want that hotel I am stuck.

My husband thinks I am crazy, but I just want a really nice hotel that is moderate in size and does not cater to alot of kids.

My dream hotel would be the Portifino Bay, but I just can't see spending that much money.

I do have a reservation at the Swan at $150 for 5 nights, but I am going to cancel it, soon as I find another hotel at a better price. I know that is a great deal, but I am just not sure it is worth the extra money.

I would rather spend $80 a night, I think, and have more money to spend for the trip.

Thanks again, Teresa

i have not stayed at any of your hotels - however I had heard good things about the Sheraton and the Renaissance. If you don't get any replies try the Orlando hotels and attractions on this website

All of the Priceline 4* hotels are large, but they also all offer more amenities and nicer facilities than any of the hotels you listed. The 3* hotels are relatively moderate in size. As to a hotel not catering to kids, I think that would be hard to find near Disney. Maybe Downtown Orlando? :confused:

I got the Renaissance Maingate for $40 plus $5 bonus money. I called and the staff was super nice... emailed me the meal costs for the restaurant and confirmed two double beds instead of the standard king priceline promises. Although we havent stayed there yet, I have heard only good things about this hotel.

I also got the Marriott in DD through priceline for $40 plus the bonus money. I think I bid 3* and above for both hotels. I know that I only bid in the WDW vicinity to get both hotels. Check out the priceline/expedia board and you will find tons of info!

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter