Off-site hotel

cajunpie

Earning My Ears
My two sisters and I are going to WDW the 2nd week of September. We have reservations at the Travelodge Suites Kissimmee Main Gate for a rate of $38.21 per nite. Is this a good rate and does anyone have any comments on this hotel? The room has two double beds and sofa sleeper and that's what we needed as we all want a separate bed.

Does anyone know of another hotel with kind of set-up at an affordable rate? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Also, is this a good time to go to WDW? I'm hoping the parks are not as crowded.

the most preferable times to go to WDW because some of the major crowds have started to disperse from the summer months but I read that you will still be definitely exposed to the hot and humid temperatures down there so need to take precautions for staying cool and the afternoon spurts of rain.

There have been some reviews on your hotel that can be read about by doing a search at the top of this board. This surrounding area offers other different options if you decide that Travelodge wouldn't work for you that can be found pretty much in the same kind of price range as this place or in some cases just a tad bit higher.

I remember reading some great reviews in particular about Comfort Suites Maingate Resort; the chain site www.hotelchoice.com was offering it at $53 a night (if this doesn't stray far from your budget) the last time I checked and the room structure is similar with pull out sofa, various amenities, and they have a free complimentary breakfast buffet and this property is also fairly new too. Also, right up from here there is the Comfort Suites Maingate East that has received great reports but I don't know what their rates were last going for.

You can check www.floridakiss.com and www.orlandoinfo.com along with www.hotelkingdom.com in addition to www.hoteldiscount.com because they have suite hotels that have the same kind of make-up as Travelodge so there are many to pick and choose from. Others are www.quickbook.com and www.go2orlando.com Also for some hotel reviews of places check out www.mouseplanet.com
to get an idea of where you might want to stay.

Good luck with whatever you decide; have a nice time.

Cajunpie, if you click on the Orlando Hotel Discounts link at the top of the page you will find a whole range of well-priced off-site hotels. All of them are checked at regular intervals by several of us here on the DIS and can usually be guaranteed to provide good accommodation at a great price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter