******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's interesting though, that is supposed to be the policy, but every time we book connecting rooms, they tell us (when booking by phone) that since we have children it is guaranteed. So far, they have always kept their word (and we've had connecting rooms several times), so hopefully it will work out again.

If you have more kids than adults it is guaranteed

Looks like September availability has dwindled again. The last few days there have been POR, ASMu, and ASSp availability for my dates. I already have a room booked but I just like to check out of curiosity. Hopefully people were able to snag some before they went away again!

If you have more kids than adults it is guaranteed

I work as a part time WDW travel agent. I am currently planning a trip for a family made up of parents, 3 children ages 18, 14 and 9.
The CM I spoke with a few weeks ago said that if all of the children are under the age of 17, you will be able to get connecting rooms and it will all be under one reservation number. If one of the children is 18 - they cannot guarantee connecting rooms. I asked what do I do with this family because they want to stay at a value but need the guarantee of connecting rooms. She said they have to do two different reservations and the 18 year old is the lead guest on the second room. They were not too happy with the fact they are going to have to not only split the party but they are under two different reservations. It was more expensive but they wound up going with a suite at AOA to guarantee that they could keep the group together.
Of course you can probably call back, get a different CM and you might get different information.

I work as a part time WDW travel agent. I am currently planning a trip for a family made up of parents, 3 children ages 18, 14 and 9.
The CM I spoke with a few weeks ago said that if all of the children are under the age of 17, you will be able to get connecting rooms and it will all be under one reservation number. If one of the children is 18 - they cannot guarantee connecting rooms. I asked what do I do with this family because they want to stay at a value but need the guarantee of connecting rooms. She said they have to do two different reservations and the 18 year old is the lead guest on the second room. They were not too happy with the fact they are going to have to not only split the party but they are under two different reservations. It was more expensive but they wound up going with a suite at AOA to guarantee that they could keep the group together.
Of course you can probably call back, get a different CM and you might get different information.

Yep I am full time. and they are correct. Once they have someone 18 they will not guarantee it but you can make a request and 99% of the time it is granted and if not they can ask at check in to see if they can accommodate. If any CM guarantees a connecting in that situation then they are wrong.

A bunch of rooms must have just been released for FD! If you were looking for All Star Music or Sports for Sept go take a look:) Also saw moderates and deluxe avail that were unavailable a few days ago. Good Luck everyone!

I am on hold right now thinking about changing from CBR to Port Orleans Riverside. A few hundred dollars cheaper but I lose my gift cards. Maybe when I get on the phone I'll tell me they have a CBR with queen size beds not pirate rooms. Wouldn't that be nice.

Uggh! No rooms in Dec for either of my two dates! The high end rooms have disappeared and there is nothing at all available for checkins on Dec 8 or 15. Hope others are having better luck!

After being on hold an hour I talked to Cosmo, the lovely CM who listened to me babble on about the pros and cons of switching I made the leap from CBR to POR. Please please tell me I did the right thing!!!???!!!

After being on hold an hour I talked to Cosmo, the lovely CM who listened to me babble on about the pros and cons of switching I made the leap from CBR to POR. Please please tell me I did the right thing!!!???!!!
Did the exact same thing. The kids have gotten really excited about exploring a new resort.

Uggh! No rooms in Dec for either of my two dates! The high end rooms have disappeared and there is nothing at all available for checkins on Dec 8 or 15. Hope others are having better luck!
Same here. I really doubt people got all of them so I'm going to just keep checking and assuming it's a glitch of some sort.

i have the free qs-diningplan.. Till what moment can i upgrade to the regular one?
i am doubting still

The reservation system is still messed up I believe. Unless for some crazy reason every free dining opportunity (including the 10,000+ ones that were available before the upgrade) are gone for all of November and December. If I check and notice they are back up I will post here.

Thanx
I cancelled my reservation, while ago. I did regret it after a few days allready..But couldnt find any new offers for values again:worship:
I checked every day, i gave up hope.
Till last sunday, i was on my way to my sons baseball game without my CC. I didnt look for quite some time, and suddenly the offer was on again
Once at home, the offers for all hotels were gone..Today they came around again, but after that Disneys system didnt work..

BUT now i booked again!!!!:yay::banana::dancer:

I wanna book 2 days before my FDbooking ( 8-21 /9-2 )a room only
Can i use my disney ticket for that 2 days prior to my FD package?

Yeah, it's interesting though, that is supposed to be the policy, but every time we book connecting rooms, they tell us (when booking by phone) that since we have children it is guaranteed. So far, they have always kept their word (and we've had connecting rooms several times), so hopefully it will work out again.

They have told us the same as well.

We have stayed at POR many times and its our favorite mod. CBR will also be having renovations going on so I would have made the switch in a heartbeat.

So excited!!!:banana: After checking for the last several weeks with no availability, I was able to add on another day of FD at the start of our trip.:worship: We were already arriving on that day because airfare was a lot cheaper, but were settling for a room only discount for the first night and no free dining that day. So for all those out there still trying, don't give up hope!pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!