******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disgusting of Disney
I can understand why you say this, and although I would love to have everybody get what they want with the free dining, we have to remember that Disney is a business and they have to make some money. For some they would rather have a room discount then free dining and they have to have some available for them too. Plus, and this has been the rumor for years, they are trying to phase out the free dining. I can totaly see that now that they changed the mods to QS. That really shifted availability everywhere.

I wouldn't call it disgusting. Disney is a business, and they only offer free dining to fill rooms. They cannot offer it to everyone and still be profitable. It is like any sale. Once the allocated number of free dining rooms is reached, they will sell the rooms at regular price, or a room only offer, etc. You have to be early to the sale to get it.

It's not disgusting of Disney! Just as other PP stated, it is a business. It's like any other place that has sales. First come first serve. This was released back at the end of April. I was not able to get my dates in the beginning, but just kept trying. Then finally I did. I wish everyone could get what they are wishing for, but sometimes that's not possible. It doesn't make Disney the bad guy or "disgusting" as you said.

Lori8481: I feel your pain. I got one room booked but had to wait for payday to book the second room and it hasn't been available since. Not sure what I will do. I have a deposit down on a non-discounted package, identical to my free dining package, but with only 6 days left to book, looks like getting free dining is nothing but a dream. I check every day, multiple times a day. Makes me sick to think that I might have to cancel :sad1:.
What I find frustrating is that I was able to book the exact same resort for my dates but supposedly no free dining spots are left?? I would think it would be based on the availability at the property/resort. So if I have a reservation at that property, booked during the promotional dates, I'm not understanding why it can't be with the free dining?! Oh well.

If you have one room booked with free dining, would it be possible to upgrade to the deluxe package and use the credits over both rooms? I'd run the numbers if so; it may be cheaper than spending out of pocket for the non-free dining room on food, and you may be able to work the credits to cover everyone. Good luck!

It's not disgusting of Disney! Just as other PP stated, it is a business. It's like any other place that has sales. First come first serve. This was released back at the end of April. I was not able to get my dates in the beginning, but just kept trying. Then finally I did. I wish everyone could get what they are wishing for, but sometimes that's not possible. It doesn't make Disney the bad guy or "disgusting" as you said.
I'm trying to find in my post where I asked your opinion...

I'm trying to find in my post where I asked your opinion...
Another unsolicited opinion here, but that was kind of rude. I know we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions, its what makes us human, but we have to remember that opinions are like buttholes and some of them stink. But that's what makes us human, is the ability to turn the other cheek.

Lori8481: I feel your pain. I got one room booked but had to wait for payday to book the second room and it hasn't been available since. Not sure what I will do. I have a deposit down on a non-discounted package, identical to my free dining package, but with only 6 days left to book, looks like getting free dining is nothing but a dream. I check every day, multiple times a day. Makes me sick to think that I might have to cancel :sad1:.
What I find frustrating is that I was able to book the exact same resort for my dates but supposedly no free dining spots are left?? I would think it would be based on the availability at the property/resort. So if I have a reservation at that property, booked during the promotional dates, I'm not understanding why it can't be with the free dining?! Oh well.
I you have less than 5 people total, considering putting all of them in the FD room to get the discount and also have the 2nd room with the people who would go in there. We did that at Pop because it was cheaper to put everyone in one room and then also book a second room with the AP discount than to book two rooms with FD.

its sold out. it sold out 5 mins, after it opened at 2-3 am the morning it opened. I am sorry.

It's over. No longer on the specials page.

I'm Canadian.. i'm able to book til August 31st. I knew we had a longer booking window, didn't realize it was this much longer. I figured it would be open to US residents til at least mid/end of July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!