Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Hopefully it will be better than the last one

Not a fan of franchise, I'm still trying to figure out 'the hook' re the trap thing lol.

Re kiddos @ HHN. Took the youngest when he was a tween. Not necessarily the biggest horror fan, but with parents into it :) & 2 much older brothers, he was exposed to the genre re movies & attending local haunts so he knew the drill.

Participated with us up until he left for college. enjoyed it in his own fashion, not quite as rabid as ma & pa. Fast forward, he's now in mid 20's settled into his career and heading back down to join me this year :)

All kids are different. I've seen sobbing ones @ HHN in strollers !!! Up to teens, some are visibily sufffering. No one size fits all in this situation, a parent needs to be able to guage how their spawn would react & realize they very well need to leave the park with their terrified kids if things do go horribly wrong.

Babysitting can be arranged for a parents night out. Many hotels & services in the Orlando area can accommodate.

Last edited:
Not a fan of franchise, I'm still trying to figure out 'the hook' re the trap thing lol.

I think its just a preview of one of the traps from the new movie. If what they tease in the trailer for the house reveal is what will be in the house, then it's the scene with the people with buckets on their heads since that was in the Jigsaw trailer as well.

I think its just a preview of one of the traps from the new movie. If what they tease in the trailer for the house reveal is what will be in the house, then it's the scene with the people with buckets on their heads since that was in the Jigsaw trailer as well.

Ah, that makes sense. Almost made it sound like an escape house. Heck, surprised they haven't offered a (very pricey) one as an addon. Not to be confused with last year's offering.

Saw!

Not a fan of that either.........

Come on.......we need some better houses announced........although love The Shining........

I LOVE Saw so I am very happy with the house. Especially since it looks like to be a "best of" house since I saw the razor wire trap in the trailer.

I think the house reveals have been really good. Slow but good. Give me Blumhouse and Purge scarezone and it will be a perfect night for me.

Now that is excellent news finally..........

That show has been dying a slow death last few years..........time to put it to bed.

They've surely had a wealth of material they could've utilized. Enthusiasm was there, cast talented but scripts have been lack luster for years. Hard for cast to rise above IMO.

Fingers pointed squarely @ management for what I'm guessing is squeezing pennies as show costs/writing talent. Almost like they let it hang out to dry.

Not holding my breath but maybe they'll bring back Rocky Horror:wizard:

I'm thinking about upgrading our HHN and EP tickets to RIP tickets after reading all these posts :) There are only 3 time slots available. What do you all suggest 7:15, 7:30 or 7:45? If we book the latest will that give us time to see everything? Or should we go with the earliest? So many decisions!!!

I would go for the earlier time. I did the 6:30 time slot last year and it was nice and less rushed for me. After we were done with the Tour (houses and rides and the Bill and Ted show) we went back through the scare zones and rode more rides again. We then went and enjoyed Diagon Alley and Escape from Gringotts a few times. It was awesome.

We still didn't get back to our onsite resort until 1:30 am. It's was a blast.

Have a great time pixiedust:

Last edited:
I would go for the earlier time. I did the 6:30 time slot last year and it was nice and less rushed for me. After we were done with the Tour (houses and rides and the Bill and Ted show) we went back through the scare zones and rode more rides again. We then went and enjoyed Diagon Alley and Escape from Gringotts a few times. It was awesome.

We still didn't get back to our onsite resort until 1:30 am. It's was a blast.

Have a great time pixiedust:
Thank you for the answer! I will take your advice.

They've surely had a wealth of material they could've utilized. Enthusiasm was there, cast talented but scripts have been lack luster for years. Hard for cast to rise above IMO.

Fingers pointed squarely @ management for what I'm guessing is squeezing pennies as show costs/writing talent. Almost like they let it hang out to dry.

Not holding my breath but maybe they'll bring back Rocky Horror:wizard:

Well also, the Fear Factor stage is being leveled for more Potter expansion (rumored to be the Ministry of Magic), and the Animal stage is rumored to be leveled for Nintendo. So unless the build another stage there's no where for them to go. All that on top of the fact that trying to stay on top of pop culture for a parody show with main characters from a movie that isn't relevant really anymore, and you've got why it's leaving. Oh well, be excellent to each other.

I'm thinking about upgrading our HHN and EP tickets to RIP tickets after reading all these posts :) There are only 3 time slots available. What do you all suggest 7:15, 7:30 or 7:45? If we book the latest will that give us time to see everything? Or should we go with the earliest? So many decisions!!!
The public tours will last up to 4 hours max

I booked a few and did first tour time period
Completed in 3.5 hours

On the public tour you will do each house once, walk thru scare zones and see bill and ted show

You do need the hhn ticket if you do a tour

I would book earliest tour of the night
Your lanyard credentials would allow you to use the ep line for a ride after you leave the tour

Does anyone know why the Escape House was not brought back this year? Or why it wasn't popular last year? I went last year and the entire room was empty except for me and my partner plus a family of 3. They ended up combining us since there was no one else there. This was late in the season as well. I enjoyed it, however the VR part was a bit cumbersome and the staff gave me the wrong shapes/tools (I forget) to work with and that instance took me out of the whole 'experience' for a bit as they talked amonsgt themselves "that's not the right wand" or whatever. The production and acting was great, however.

I have read this thread I swear but having a mind blank, it Harry potter open during hhn? If so, is it open until 1/2am when the park closes?

Does anyone know why the Escape House was not brought back this year? Or why it wasn't popular last year? I went last year and the entire room was empty except for me and my partner plus a family of 3. They ended up combining us since there was no one else there. This was late in the season as well. I enjoyed it, however the VR part was a bit cumbersome and the staff gave me the wrong shapes/tools (I forget) to work with and that instance took me out of the whole 'experience' for a bit as they talked amonsgt themselves "that's not the right wand" or whatever. The production and acting was great, however.

Price probably.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts