Official 2017 HHN-27 Thread

Anyone have any experience with the Universal app and wait times for the houses? As to how reliable is the app?

over the years, i just look at the signage for wait times.
there are many of them in the park.

takes too much power out of my iphone with the app so uninstalled it.

over the years, i just look at the signage for wait times.
there are many of them in the park.

takes too much power out of my iphone with the app so uninstalled it.
thanks, I forgot that they had boards all around

Yes...I'll be there but am going after work so I'll be at the Springfield holding area. Are you coming early or late?

Not sure yet, doubt we'll do the Stay and Scream areas again.........but will email or call Friday to let you know for sure.......

Haven't had two minutes really since we arrived..........but that's a good thing isn't it.......:D

You can only do Stay And Scream if you have a daytime ticket to Universal AND a ticket to HHN the same day. I highly recommend it, especially if you don't have an express pass for the night!

I believe there is a specific SAS area for The Shining - maybe the Hello Kitty one?

And I think houses open around 5:30-5:45 for people in Stay And Scream.

Hello Kitty zone lets into AHS first. At least the night we used it.

We are going next weekend and booked the morning Unmasking the Horror tour and we're curious as to what houses we would be seeing. Are they the same for every morning tour or do they change them up? If anyone has gone on this tour - what houses did you get to see? Thanks!

We did the full day tour (6 houses) and it included Blumhouse, Hive, The Fallen, Dead Waters, The Shining, and AHS. However, I'm told the house lineup changes from day to day based on what's available and which houses need renovations/touchups etc. No way to know which houses will be included on a tour until you get there.

Going on Thursday with a large group of friends and I cannot wait. Just to clarify:
With only a HHN ticket, by being at the entrance before 5pm they allow us in and keep us in a corral inside? or is that just for APholders?
If we want to go to the Shining house first is there a specific corral for that one?
We will be there before 5pm since we want to make the best time, around what time do the houses open for people already inside?

For Stay and Scream (people already in the park with day tickets), the Hello Kitty area leads directly into AHS, the Finnegan's area leads directly into The Shining, and the Springfield area leads into one of Ash/Scarecrow/Hive (not sure which).

At 5:45 they let us out of the holding area and walked us directly to The Shining queue (from Finnegan's), and then the house started running around 6. I'm assuming it works similarly for the other areas and linked houses.

All 3 nights we were there the main entrance crowd (people with only HHN tickets and not daytime tickets) were let in from the front gate around 6:15 (official opening time was 6:30).

So I just got back from the 3-day opening weekend of HHN and I've been meaning to post some tips and info.

If anyone is any bit sensitive to or annoyed by loud sounds- bring earplugs. The Hive house (primarily, but other houses too) definitely uses loud sounds to get their scares. The first night I had forgotten my earplugs and was on the verge of a headache by the time I got out of Hive. I think earplugs would also help with people who don't necessarily like haunted houses or are younger, as it muffles some of the scare.

The wait times posted were consistently incorrect this last weekend, and it was blatant that they were trying to use the wait times to even out the queues on the houses. 45 minute waits were actually 15 minutes or less, 5 minute wait times were close to an hour. We tried watching if there was a huge influx on the 5-15 minute wait-time queues, thinking maybe we were on the tail end of people thinking "ooh 5 minutes lets rush this one", but there wasn't...and still huge queues.

The HHN specialty drinks were really tasty and the cup design was really cool, but we heard quite a few people complaining about Universal testing the idea of removing mixed drinks from the bar tents. No problem for us though!

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: This was our first HHN, and this show really made us sad about missing the previous years. The show was amazing! So funny! I see why everyone raved about it. I hope Universal will bring them to another stage next year instead of getting rid of them.

For anyone doing stay-and-scream, I hope they fix the holding areas so that you don't roast. The first 2 nights we had HHN AP early entry and Simpsons was used as the holding area. They kept us out in the stagnant heat for an hour before opening Moe's. Heard of a few people getting sick and passing out from the heat. Probably all those black shirts and jeans! Finnegan's area is pretty shaded, so that may be a place to stay-and-scream.

Overall we had a really great time and will likely do it again next year!
Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer them.

no terror tram or walking dead at orlando hhn this year.

By the end of the night more than a few guests could pass as TWD

We went Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We had a great run at least once in every house.

The most consistently great houses, for us anyway, were Dead Waters and Scarecrow: The Reaping. Those two houses were excellent every time for us.

The Hive might have the least lighting we've ever experienced.

I hope people not familiar with the Evil Dead franchise get an opportunity to see the first episode of the Starz show (if not the whole two seasons). For fans, there's some great stuff in the house, and I think people unfamiliar with the material will still have fun.

As for scare zones, we really enjoyed Trick 'r Treat the most. Invasion and Festival of the Deadliest are fun too.

On opening night, they were using a new scanning system for the express passes. The new scanners were incredibly slow. I estimate we lost a cumulative hour over the course of the night due to the slow scanners. Thankfully, the old scanners were back Saturday and Sunday.

The HHN 27 team have really created a great event! Keeping in mind, every run through a house might not be timed great, we had many perfect runs, and almost all of our runs were good. Four thumbs up from us!

Lol love the evil dead series but it's def not kid friendly. Early in, 1st episode surel sets the tone lol

i have not found the houses or zones to be scary.
but some people are startled by the surprise of a SA appearing in front or near them.

/\ our fearless leader aint' afraid of no ghost, but the majority of those i've observed over the years surely get their share of (welcome) scares!

If you don't want to experience that, then any haunt is the wrong place to hang. :)

So I just got back from the 3-day opening weekend of HHN and I've been meaning to post some tips and info.

If anyone is any bit sensitive to or annoyed by loud sounds- bring earplugs. The Hive house (primarily, but other houses too) definitely uses loud sounds to get their scares. The first night I had forgotten my earplugs and was on the verge of a headache by the time I got out of Hive. I think earplugs would also help with people who don't necessarily like haunted houses or are younger, as it muffles some of the scare.

The wait times posted were consistently incorrect this last weekend, and it was blatant that they were trying to use the wait times to even out the queues on the houses. 45 minute waits were actually 15 minutes or less, 5 minute wait times were close to an hour. We tried watching if there was a huge influx on the 5-15 minute wait-time queues, thinking maybe we were on the tail end of people thinking "ooh 5 minutes lets rush this one", but there wasn't...and still huge queues.

The HHN specialty drinks were really tasty and the cup design was really cool, but we heard quite a few people complaining about Universal testing the idea of removing mixed drinks from the bar tents. No problem for us though!

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: This was our first HHN, and this show really made us sad about missing the previous years. The show was amazing! So funny! I see why everyone raved about it. I hope Universal will bring them to another stage next year instead of getting rid of them.

For anyone doing stay-and-scream, I hope they fix the holding areas so that you don't roast. The first 2 nights we had HHN AP early entry and Simpsons was used as the holding area. They kept us out in the stagnant heat for an hour before opening Moe's. Heard of a few people getting sick and passing out from the heat. Probably all those black shirts and jeans! Finnegan's area is pretty shaded, so that may be a place to stay-and-scream.

Overall we had a really great time and will likely do it again next year!
Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to answer them.

I read drinks lol

So, did you happen to see anyone getting their refill cup from last year topped off?

If not, for those who will be attending in the next week, could you please ask if they are honoring the mixed drink one?

Don't want to lug it along if not going to use it :)

These look interesting, can you remember what they were?

We went to Universal Hollywood for the first time last year - no alcohol at all! :eek:
Glad to be back to Orlando this year! :rotfl:

So, did you happen to see anyone getting their refill cup from last year topped off?

Can't say that I noticed any cups other than this years, sorry!

These look interesting, can you remember what they were?
  • Liquid Courage – Tangerine rum with orange juice and sprite
  • Liquid Fear – Vodka cocktail with cranberry juice and lemonade
  • Midnight Madness – 50% Liquid Courage, 50% Liquid Fear
Liquid Courage tasted like orange Fanta. Liquid Fear tasted like grape Fanta. Someone had said orange and blueberry, which got me worried, but it tasted more like grape to me!

We did the full day tour (6 houses) and it included Blumhouse, Hive, The Fallen, Dead Waters, The Shining, and AHS. However, I'm told the house lineup changes from day to day based on what's available and which houses need renovations/touchups etc. No way to know which houses will be included on a tour until you get there.
What time does this tour start? How long did it actually last? Considering doing this tour but only offered on a travel day for us and not sure of timing...

If anyone is any bit sensitive to or annoyed by loud sounds- bring earplugs. The Hive house (primarily, but other houses too) definitely uses loud sounds to get their scares.

Excellent advice. I really have a hard time with loud volumes - I get headaches too - wish I didn't. I always pop 1-2 ibuprophens before going into WDW or Universal, as all the roller coaster screaming and kids' meltdowns really take its toll on my head after a while! Never thought of this, but will be packing those earplugs.
:thanks:

What time does this tour start? How long did it actually last? Considering doing this tour but only offered on a travel day for us and not sure of timing...
This is
Unmasking the horror tours
UTH

Call vip tours to book them

Morning or afternoon tours

I book both for the same day as it is discounted

Great tours for hhn!

Usually same line up for the house tours
Rare for them to be switched out unless weather damage, etc

I just purchased express pass tickets for my son and his girlfriend for September 29. I am leaving on a cruise that morning. They also have the flex tickets - both were printed at home. Will they have any problems if I am not there when they use the tickets? Do they ask to see credit card used, I.D., anything. Thanks again everyone. Just don't want there to be any problems where I won't be able to deal with them.

Make a few copies of the print at home flex tickets in case they get wet, damaged and won't scan.

Generally, I always carry my id/drivers license on me everywhere i go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts