"Official" 2017 Hotel Date & Rate Thread

Hi everyone!

I am new to this APH rate. I tried checking for my dates on HRH website for an APH rate and it says my dates are unavailable.(I'm already booked and was hoping to be able to call back and apply APH rate if possible.

I am currently booked in a HRH club level room Aug 16th-19th. HELP!! :hyper: I am just not sure what I am doing. First time at universal Thanks in advice.

Found my dates with the APH rate! :cheer2:

kkayluvsdis
11/14-11/17
PBH 2 Queen Bay view
APH
$249/night

(thinking of booking a one-night stay at Cabana Bay for the arrival night (11/13-14) -Is it typical for them to require full amount charge on CC for just one night?)

Found my dates with the APH rate! :cheer2:

kkayluvsdis
11/14-11/17
PBH 2 Queen Bay view
APH
$249/night

(thinking of booking a one-night stay at Cabana Bay for the arrival night (11/13-14) -Is it typical for them to require full amount charge on CC for just one night?)

1st night including taxes charged @ time of booking no matter if 1 night or more

12/17-12/21
PBH - Queen Deluxe
smsm
$284.25 before tax

Edit: 2 adults, 2 kids

Last edited:
12/17-12/21
RPR 2 Queen standard
APH
$199 before tax for 3 adults and 1 child

12/21-12/22
Cabana Bay Volcano view
APH
$129.00 before tax for 3 adults and 1 child

Last edited:
Thanks for al the updates as to dates & rates

REMINDER - if you want your screen name listed make sure sure to add it in your post befor your date as this is a cut & paste type of process.

Thank you:)

OB1
just booked 1 night
RP - king standard
FEB 7th
$269
hoping for a price drop during slower season

Pangyal
PBH Club Level, Two Queens
Feb. 5-9, 2018
Amex FHR (room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 resort credit)
$363

Not sure if I should have included the parameters of the Amex rate, as the cost per night is the same as with SMSM, so please feel free to change the rate code to SMSM if you think it would be more helpful! Thank you for maintaining this great resource :)!

Pangyal
PBH Club Level, Two Queens
Feb. 5-9, 2018
Amex FHR (room upgrade, daily breakfast, $100 resort credit)
$363

Not sure if I should have included the parameters of the Amex rate, as the cost per night is the same as with SMSM, so please feel free to change the rate code to SMSM if you think it would be more helpful! Thank you for maintaining this great resource :)!

I'm supposed to keep this thread 'clean', as to chit-chat but I cannot resist here asking a few questions since AMEX rates are mentioned so infrequently here. I have an AMEX but rarely use it for travel.

The AMEX rate you reference (FHR?), is that thru AMEX's travel agency or were you able to book it directly with Loews?

RE the $100 credit. Is that via the AMEX reservation or is it from the Loews' you-first program (platinum)?

TIA

I'm supposed to keep this thread 'clean', as to chit-chat but I cannot resist here asking a few questions since AMEX rates are mentioned so infrequently here. I have an AMEX but rarely use it for travel.

The AMEX rate you reference (FHR?), is that thru AMEX's travel agency or were you able to book it directly with Loews?

RE the $100 credit. Is that via the AMEX reservation or is it from the Loews' you-first program (platinum)?

TIA

Hey, it's your thread ;)- I'm sure we would all be happy to help you out in any way in exchange for your hard work in maintaining it!

This is actually our first Loews stay ever, so I can only dream of being Platinum in the YouFirst program at this point! FHR is the Fine Hotels and Resorts program through the Amex Plat card (personal or business). You get the posted rate, but the hotel throws in the daily breakfast for two plus guaranteed room upgrade of some sort and guaranteed early checkin/late checkout, plus a freebie that's 99% of the time a $100 credit, but once in a while they swap it with a spa credit or something (hasn't happened yet, we always got the $100). It's a nice feature as there are no minimums, so you can stay one night at an FHR property and get all of the above, with the caveat that the participating hotels are usually the very expensive ones and you have to be wanting to stay there instead of a moderate room in the first place to make it worthwhile. It worked out great for us for Universal, and we are using the program again for Vancouver and then Japan.

You have to book directly through the Amex travel agency, which is the only annoying part, since you can't manage your own reservation. That being said, they pulled up the same SMSM rate as I'd seen on the PBH site.

Hope this helps :)

Hey, it's your thread ;)- I'm sure we would all be happy to help you out in any way in exchange for your hard work in maintaining it!

This is actually our first Loews stay ever, so I can only dream of being Platinum in the YouFirst program at this point! FHR is the Fine Hotels and Resorts program through the Amex Plat card (personal or business). You get the posted rate, but the hotel throws in the daily breakfast for two plus guaranteed room upgrade of some sort and guaranteed early checkin/late checkout, plus a freebie that's 99% of the time a $100 credit, but once in a while they swap it with a spa credit or something (hasn't happened yet, we always got the $100). It's a nice feature as there are no minimums, so you can stay one night at an FHR property and get all of the above, with the caveat that the participating hotels are usually the very expensive ones and you have to be wanting to stay there instead of a moderate room in the first place to make it worthwhile. It worked out great for us for Universal, and we are using the program again for Vancouver and then Japan.

You have to book directly through the Amex travel agency, which is the only annoying part, since you can't manage your own reservation. That being said, they pulled up the same SMSM rate as I'd seen on the PBH site.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you! Very helpful. Unfortunately, thinking probably not a qualifying rate for the Loews reward program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts