"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another treat question...can the specialty Halloween treats at the Main Street Bakery be purchased with a Starbucks card? I have been saving up my Starbucks balance for our trip :)

More pictures of Halloween items, not MNSSHP stuff but still-

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/08/photo...-spooktacular-new-halloween-merchandise-2017/

I can see a few things I want here. The wreath, the black Minnie top with purple bow at the back is still my favorite top. The women's group costume t-shirt has glitter on it so I'll skip that, I do like the beige bat one. Mickey head with bat pin too. Yup, I knew they'd take my money with something for Halloween :rotfl:

So much cute stuff! We won't be there till the last party, but I hope I can bring my oldest something awesome with Jack on it as a souvenir. (Since the kids won't be with me.) He loves him!

Another Tamatoa costume update to share with you all. It will be the final one because...it is done! And one week from tomorrow I'll be wearing it at MNSSHP! I think it came out awesome but I cannot take any credit, it was all the wife's doing.

Awesome job! This is amazing!

Treats!

disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/its-all-treats-no-tricks-for-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-in-magic-kingdom-park-at-walt-disney-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY17Q4wo0817170823170001A

I'll try and shorten the link when I get a chance. :rotfl:

So many yummy things! I definitely want a pumpkin waffle from sleepy hollow. I would love to get one while in line for Jack & Sally, but my guess is that it won't be available until after 7? I might have to settle for pumpkin ice cream on my way to the line.

Will these special treats and their locations be noted on the party map/info? Or do I have to write myself a note to remember all of them?

we did the same. It was 3 years ago so I can't remember exactly how much but we left with but it was 2 or 3 full sized back packs. They were 10lbs each so 20-30lbs of candy. 2 adults 3 teens. We didn't even bother with the little bags. We had cinch sacks and the back packs as our T-OR-T bags. We went on a low attendance night and from what we were told, the CMs are encouraged to get rid of their candy by the end of the night so we did not feel the least bit guilty :-). We didn't have to buy any Halloween candy that year. The kids took what they wanted and we used the rest for the kids in the neighborhood (we have about 300-500 kids on Halloween depending on whether kids get driven into the neighborhood on the weekend, so it can get expensive!

Ok this is brilliant! We have hundreds of trick or treaters too! Anyone have any ideas for flying home with candy??

Is it just me or does it seem the Haunted Mansion Oreo chocolate tart is super similar to the previous version of The Gray Stuff? I never got to try it before it switched to the white chocolate tart, so am really looking forward to this one!

How do people wear Mickey ears headbands in the parks without them hurting? Any secrets to that?
This is such an important question! I see so many adorable ears but I'm like nope that just looks like a 10-hr headache to me.

I know someone who won't be waiting in line for some of those treats. It looks like they're just taking items they are already have and just adding Halloween decorations and icing color. Nothing really new or unique. Maybe the pumpkin cheesecake but most of them just don't appeal to me. :crazy2: I'm hoping there is something better than this at the Fireworks Dessert Party.

This is such an important question! I see so many adorable ears but I'm like nope that just looks like a 10-hr headache to me.

I can't wear the parks ears - they give me a migraine within minutes. I buy from small shops - some are really awful, so you definitely want to check the reviews before you buy from a shop you aren't familiar with, but I have a handful of go-to shops that are amazing quality, amazing service, and amazingly comfortable products.

I'm sure they won't have huge lines. They are usually at quick service locations. If the sign says DDP then you can use snack credits for it.

I understand anything with a DDP sign is a snack credit. Just don't know if these are usually included or not. Was hoping someone with experience might know!

Sorry if this was asked before but what happens IF my scheduled party date gets cancelled due to rain. Not sure this happened but curious. Will they refund or give tix to another day that I can attend during my trip. Just curious. Thanks!!
Well, it would have to be more than rain for the party to get cancelled. Parties take place with rain, even if it's heavy, although some aspects may get cancelled (especially the headless horseman) due to safety.
When we went for Columbus Day last year, two parties were cancelled for the Thursday and Friday before Columbus Day due to Hurricane Matthew. I had purchased tickets and was given 3 choices: 1) a refund. 2) an exchange for a later (non sold out) party or 3) a 1-day non-up-gradable, 1-day base ticket. I chose the refund :-) This is really not common. The parks also closed for a day and a half and you were not allowed outside at all.

Last edited:
Will these special treats and their locations be noted on the party map/info? Or do I have to write myself a note to remember all of them?

Last year I had to find them, they didn't list on map. I make a note in my smart phone to find my goodies of choice and their locations.

It was listed on the map last year on the other side. Here's 2016...
upload_2017-8-18_15-44-51.png

Right under "Specialty Foods" ...
upload_2017-8-18_15-45-32.png

Also the first page on my thread will take you directly to Food & Beverage which can be accessed easily via your mobile phone while in the parks. :flower3:

EDIT: I'm not sure if everything will be listed on the map but my site will be kept updated as the party moves along.

Last edited:
I know someone who won't be waiting in line for some of those treats. It looks like they're just taking items they are already have and just adding Halloween decorations and icing color. Nothing really new or unique. Maybe the pumpkin cheesecake but most of them just don't appeal to me. :crazy2: I'm hoping there is something better than this at the Fireworks Dessert Party.

This is why I'm happy I didn't book the dessert party. There is a wider selection of treats compared to last year and they brought back the Pumpkin Mickey Waffles!!! Wooohoooo! The best part is I won't have to devote time away from the party to enjoy them!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter