"Official" 2018 Disney After Hours (DAH) Thread (Now Closed, see New 2019 Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great to hear! DH and I watched the livestream of the final Wishes... we were scared the new show would fall short but we've heard the best reviews!
You have no idea... I had a bad attitude, as Wishes was my favourite thing to do at Disney... I cry every time I watch it.
I cried twice during HEA... so I knew it was a hit.

DH and I will be there on 1/26! This will be his Christmas present...although he doesn't know DAH even exists and I'm the Disney Freak. Oh well, less people and unlimited Mickey bars is enough to make anyone happy, right?

We will be doing EMH that morning and using our FP+. After those, we will let the crowds come in as we leave to go to the pool and play some Mini-Golf. We have an ADR at Kona at 6 and then will wander over for DAH.

I'm so excited, I want to tell him about it but I suppose Christmas day will be here soon enough!

Last edited:
DH and I will be there on 1/26! This will be his Christmas present...although he doesn't know DAH even exists and I'm the Disney Freak. Oh well, less people and unlimited Mickey bars is enough to make anyone happy, right?

We will be doing EMH that morning and using our FP+. After those, we will let the crowds come in as we leave to go to the pool and play some Mini-Golf. We have an ADR at Kona at 6 and then will wander over for DAH.

I'm so excited, I want to tell him about it but I suppose Christmas day will be here soon enough!

Got you added! Have fun! :dancer:

I know how you feel! We are taking our 9 yo niece and surprising her on Christmas. It's been a long wait since July.

Question for those going 3/1 (or anyone else who wants to chime in) - looks like regular park hours were extended to 9pm, as we expected, given the official 9pm start time for DAH. HEA is still listed as starting at 8pm - just wondering if there are any thoughts on whether that will stay the same. Hopefully so as that will be good timing for watching HEA and then starting DAH after that!

Question for those going 3/1 (or anyone else who wants to chime in) - looks like regular park hours were extended to 9pm, as we expected, given the official 9pm start time for DAH. HEA is still listed as starting at 8pm - just wondering if there are any thoughts on whether that will stay the same. Hopefully so as that will be good timing for watching HEA and then starting DAH after that!

I doubt the HEA time will change. We did the 9pm DAH this January. We watched the 8pm Wishes. We then got a head start by walking on Jungle Cruise and Pirates afterwards. By 9pm we were at Splash to start our official DAH.

I doubt the HEA time will change. We did the 9pm DAH this January. We watched the 8pm Wishes. We then got a head start by walking on Jungle Cruise and Pirates afterwards. By 9pm we were at Splash to start our official DAH.
Yeah, that sounds almost exactly like my plan! Well, Pirates will be closed, so I’m debating getting a late FP for Splash and using it at the end of the night so I don’t take all that time during DAH!

Yeah, that sounds almost exactly like my plan! Well, Pirates will be closed, so I’m debating getting a late FP for Splash and using it at the end of the night so I don’t take all that time during DAH!
That's exactly what I want to do. I want to get a FP for Splash, even if it's not late because I don't want it to be chilly at night and it's a long ride. I want to try to stick to short rides for DAH. We also thought about Haunted Mansion for a FP.

So I just had a great realization-the time change will finally work to my benefit! I will be flying from CA the day before, so my body won't have acclimated to the time change yet. I don't have any park plans that morning (I have an AP so tickets aren't an issue), but instead thinking about relaxing at AKL and maybe Disney Springs. Then during the event, rather than it being super late at night, my body will think it's still normal evening hours so I will have plenty of energy! My sister and I discovered that on our first arrival day when we were still raring to go, but everything at Disney Springs was shutting down!

So I just had a great realization-the time change will finally work to my benefit! I will be flying from CA the day before, so my body won't have acclimated to the time change yet. I don't have any park plans that morning (I have an AP so tickets aren't an issue), but instead thinking about relaxing at AKL and maybe Disney Springs. Then during the event, rather than it being super late at night, my body will think it's still normal evening hours so I will have plenty of energy! My sister and I discovered that on our first arrival day when we were still raring to go, but everything at Disney Springs was shutting down!

Haha!

On my DAH date this year, I had been on the west coast for several days prior. Actually flew to MCO that day and went to DAH that night. The time change and trip adrenaline totally worked in my favor, so I know what you mean!

Looking forward to hearing details on the first party of 2018!
Depending on timing, I will try to post that night or first thing in the morning. But, I am at Disney.

We are scheduled to go Jan 19. We will be using Disney transportation and we are staying at Saratoga.

The only problem is, we have annual passes. Not a problem for us, but I can't tell you how fast passes will work, since we can have them on our pass.

Depending on timing, I will try to post that night or first thing in the morning. But, I am at Disney.

We are scheduled to go Jan 19. We will be using Disney transportation and we are staying at Saratoga.

The only problem is, we have annual passes. Not a problem for us, but I can't tell you how fast passes will work, since we can have them on our pass.

You’re better than me. I have a no DIS rule while on property! :-)

Really debating if we want to do this for date night on January 26th. It seems so expensive (we're on a tight budget) but it sounds like so much fun! We're already doing MK Tuesday, Friday, and the following Tuesday. But no lines.... HMMMMMM....

Really debating if we want to do this for date night on January 26th. It seems so expensive (we're on a tight budget) but it sounds like so much fun! We're already doing MK Tuesday, Friday, and the following Tuesday. But no lines.... HMMMMMM....

I could probably argue for doing and not doing it in your circumstances.

With three MK days at a ‘relatively’ lower crowd time, you’ll have plenty of MK time without doing DAH.

But on the other hand, doing DAH may take a bit of pressure of those MK days and let you tour at a more relaxed pace. Also gives you a chance to ride your favorites multiple times in a fun, unique environment.

I could probably go either way if in your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!