Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

So excited to report my outfits - all Star Wars themed - are done
Signed up for several 5ks and 5 milers in December and January to stay focused on the training, need a half in February or March.
Hope everyone has a training plan that works for you.

So will this change to just the Star Wars Half Marathon. Kind of silly to be the Dark Side without the Light Side.

So will this change to just the Star Wars Half Marathon. Kind of silly to be the Dark Side without the Light Side.
It's a good question! They seem to be sticking to the Dark Side/First Order thing for 2018, despite there no longer being a Light Side weekend to balance it. Which is really kind of appropriate, in a way...

upload_2017-11-20_13-12-19.jpeg

:rotfl: But will they stick with the Dark Side theme in 2019? No word yet.

I think they keep the Dark Side theme until they know precisely what will happen after the construction at Disneyland is finished. If west coast races return with Light Side as one of the race weekends. As it stands, I think we're looking at 2020 or 2021 at the earliest before west coast races come back.

I do think that the medals will be entirely focused on the sequel trilogy era this year especially with the First Order Challenge switchup. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing although I really hope for no stormtrooper medals.

What do runners want for the race medals? And what do you think we'll actually get for race medals?

As for me, I want a BB-9E medal, either a Star Destroyer or Kylo Ren's new TIE Silencer, or Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, and a Darth Vader helmet medal.

What do I think we're getting? Based on the race descriptions from the website, Prateorian Guard for the 10K, Captain Phasma for the Half, and some sort of Kylo Ren medal for the challenge. No idea on the 5K, although I could see BB-9E.

If anyone is interested, I've posted some 2017 Star Wars race medal photos in my training journal from my recent visit to Disneyland for Avengers race weekend. It was my only chance to not feel completely out of place getting Kessel Run photos in Disneyiand.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...comments-welcome.3517409/page-4#post-58531200

Not running the Dark Side this year. We have a family trip booked in May. According to my facebook history the medals for this year were posted a year ago today. Wonder if we will see them soon?

Not running the Dark Side this year. We have a family trip booked in May. According to my facebook history the medals for this year were posted a year ago today. Wonder if we will see them soon?
considering Princess medals haven't been out yet who knows when Dark Side will be out

I would LOVE to see a Star Destroyer medal! And I'm always rooting for a Vader medal - there really cannot ever be enough of those :)
I so want a Vader style medal along the lines of last year's Kylo Ren medal for the half. But I may have to content myself with the Yoda and Vader spinner from the Inaugural Rebel Challenge medal. Which is pretty cool in its own right since it features my favorite hero from Star Wars and my favorite villain.

I want a BB-9E for the 10K although I doubt I'll get that.
The cynical humorous side of me has decided BB-9E will be on the kids races medals.

considering Princess medals haven't been out yet who knows when Dark Side will be out

Yeah, I think princess runners would be pissed if Dark Side came out first haha! I am doing both so I don't care either way but I am curious for Princess with challenge and half both being anniversary years.

I wouldn't rule out December 15th as a medal date for Dark Side since The Last Jedi opens then. Which means they should probably unveil Princess before then.

They released both the Dark Side and Princess medals about the same time last year. I think that they released the SW medals earlier to tempt people to register. The Princess weekend usually sells out quickly so there is not the same motivation to hurry with the release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter