Official 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

I am also awaiting the medals, which may convince me to sign up for the 5k...currently doing the challenge...cannot wait until Thursday for the Last Jedi.:darth:

I am also awaiting the medals, which may convince me to sign up for the 5k...currently doing the challenge...cannot wait until Thursday for the Last Jedi.:darth:

I also just had the challenge but since I wont be doing the Light Side anymore :sad1::sad1: I decided to sign up for the 5k last week!

I convinced myself that I would really like the as yet unannounced 5K medal.

The Last Jedi has caused me to rethink medal predictions. I will say no more however. While my self imposed ban from all Star Wars related websites is now over, not everyone has seen the movie.

The Last Jedi has caused me to rethink medal predictions. I will say no more however. While my self imposed ban from all Star Wars related websites is now over, not everyone has seen the movie.
Planning to see it after Xmas - we'll chat then :)

Can’t wait until people have seen it for all the online discussion.

If I only signed up for the Half Marathon, but I want to do the First Order Challenge now instead, how do I do that? I contacted RunDisney but have not heard back yet.

Has anyone been successful in using the link found in the Marathon weekend virtual goody bag to register with the $25 off? I’ve had no luck, and all contact with runDisney has been extremely unhelpful. o_O

If I only signed up for the Half Marathon, but I want to do the First Order Challenge now instead, how do I do that? I contacted RunDisney but have not heard back yet.
The process is: register for the challenge, complete the transfer form, rD will refund your original half registration fee, minus the transfer fee. They used to have a link to the transfer form on the website, but I don't see it anywhere anymore - so, unfortunately, it seems you have to contact rD to get the process started. I'm sure they're busy now preparing for marathon weekend, but if it's been more than 2 weeks with no reply, I'd email them again!

Has anyone been successful in using the link found in the Marathon weekend virtual goody bag to register with the $25 off? I’ve had no luck, and all contact with runDisney has been extremely unhelpful. o_O
I signed up through the link and then realized that it didn’t give me the $25 off so I emailed runDisney and they refunded it to me.

I signed up through the link and then realized that it didn’t give me the $25 off so I emailed runDisney and they refunded it to me.

Ok, I’m glad to hear you were successful in getting an actual refund. The email I received from rD stated they knew of no problems with the link, but that they would issue a credit if it didn’t work. I was highly suspicious of what “credit” meant and would much rather they fix the link! :confused3

Since the Galloway First Order Challenge training plan began this week, I wanted to share one of my favorite quotes from one of my heroes. For those who don't know, LaVell Edwards was the legendary football coach for Brigham Young University. In his 29 years as head coach, he won over 200 games, coached numerous All Americans, 1990 Heisman Trophy winner Ty Detmer, NFL MVP and Hall of Fame QB Steve Young, and NCAA passing record holder Jim McMahon. BYU also won the 1984 National Championship. Edwards is in the college football Hall of Fame.

I find this quote especially helpful when I start to try and tell myself that I can skip a run since I have "plenty of time" before race days.

"To me, preparation is the key to success in any endeavor. I have often heard the phrase “He [or she] has a great will to win.” What it should say is, “He [or she] has a great will to prepare.” The greatest athletes are not always the fastest, strongest, or most gifted athletically. The greatest players are those who have the ability to recognize their potential and prepare themselves to meet that potential.

On a Saturday afternoon in the filled stadium with the excitement of the band, the cheerleaders, and the crowd, a player can have all the desire or will to win in the world, but it will be for naught if he hasn’t prepared. The same is true in our personal lives. We can have the desire to do something well, . . ., but it will be for naught if we are not willing to work, study, and prepare. Every one of us has the potential to successfully achieve our goals in life, but most goals won’t be realized without effort on our part."

LaVell Edwards

I don't know why we waited so long to sign up...but my husband and I are in for our 3rd dark side challenge! I think it was the excitement of the new movie that put us over the edge.

Funny thing is that I booked our hotel and made dining reservations awhile ago, but just hadn't signed up yet!

I'm pretty sure new movie excitement convinced me to add the 5K to the challenge. This will be my first ever 5K after 6 half marathons and 4 10K races. I didn't exactly follow the usual path of building up to a half.

Just signed up for the First Order Challenge in addition to the 5k! I am hoping as I'm running the WDW Marathon in a week that the Challenge will seem like a piece of cake :)

Still deciding about the 5k, already doing the Challenge. I'm worried three early mornings in a row might be more than I can handle :)

Still deciding about the 5k, already doing the Challenge. I'm worried three early mornings in a row might be more than I can handle :)
Yeah, I am starting to think I should have waited to see the medals before I signed up for the 5k. I was just worried the 5k would sell out so I decided to sign up anyway.

Reactions: maw
I'm flying in on a redeye the day before, so I'll already be sleep deprived. Theoretically, this will help me sleep better before all 3 races. Also a decent test for whether or not I ever want to run Dopey.

Yeah, I am starting to think I should have waited to see the medals before I signed up for the 5k. I was just worried the 5k would sell out so I decided to sign up anyway.
I convinced myself to sign up for the 5K just in case they make the 5K medal one of my "dream" designs and it sells out before I know what it is. I figure that because it's Star Wars, they can't screw up the medal too badly, right?

Am I in the minority that tries to avoid ever seeing the medal before a race? I like the surprise when I cross the finish line

Am I in the minority that tries to avoid ever seeing the medal before a race? I like the surprise when I cross the finish line
I know one of my friends who doesn't try and look at the medal beforehand. For me, it just adds to the excitement. Especially if you are halfway thru your training and you start to lose motivation, seeing the prize definitely helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter