Official 2018 Star Wars - Light Side Half Marathon Weekend - Cancelled

I'm starting to get nervous. I know nothing has been announced but I'm to the point now where I'm starting to wonder if they're cancelling the race for 2018.

Tinks AP page is now reportedly no longer showing a date either. I've heard everything from permit issues to someone's new is in charge of the DL races and might be the source of the problems. Do wonder what's going on...

I'm starting to get nervous. I know nothing has been announced but I'm to the point now where I'm starting to wonder if they're cancelling the race for 2018.
I get that. I bet you are glad you didn't give them your money in January now!

They only have $900 of my money with no information between 2 Rebel Challenges, a jacket and the figurine/ornament package....if its cancelled, I totally just gave them a nice long interest free loan!

I get that. I bet you are glad you didn't give them your money in January now!

They only have $900 of my money with no information between 2 Rebel Challenges, a jacket and the figurine/ornament package....if its cancelled, I totally just gave them a nice long interest free loan!
Ugh! Yup thats quite a chunck! I'm still hopeful....but the worry is creeping in. If we don't hear anything this month then the worry is gonna go up a notch.

Tinks AP page is now reportedly no longer showing a date either. I've heard everything from permit issues to someone's new is in charge of the DL races and might be the source of the problems. Do wonder what's going on...
Very interesting....

I'm with ya. We wanted to make the Light Side a family trip, so I've also held up registering for Dark Side. I would do that one alone, so I might not go if there's no LS. The suspense is killing me!

On the other hand we have yet to reach what was the day of registration last year. They had really moved up the registration dates for next years races. Maybe much too far in the case of DL where they have to work with the city.

On the other hand we have yet to reach what was the day of registration last year. They had really moved up the registration dates for next years races. Maybe much too far in the case of DL where they have to work with the city.
when was the date last year?

I'm thinking of maybe doing Light Side in 2018 (although the logistics of it may be tough, so it's a big maybe) ... if they ever let us register. I figured I'd say hi and follow along here because on the off chance that Disney actually tells us anything, I figured someone would probably post it here.

Now I'm just going to sit here not-so-patiently and hope Disney announces something soon.

Now I'm just going to sit here not-so-patiently and hope Disney announces something soon.

It would be great to have them say SOMETHING.

My husband wants to run Kessel for our 20th anniversary but if LS isn't happening I need to start jazzing up the Orlando leg of the trip! This waiting is getting old fast.

I'm thinking of maybe doing Light Side in 2018 (although the logistics of it may be tough, so it's a big maybe) ... if they ever let us register. I figured I'd say hi and follow along here because on the off chance that Disney actually tells us anything, I figured someone would probably post it here.

We're all waiting on pins and needles for the announcement! I think I've chewed my finger nails to my knuckles as I've been waiting. :rotfl:

On the off chance that this there really is something going on here and the race could get cancelled or postponed (or that we tire of waiting for runDisney) - does anyone have any good back up plan races for LS weekend? I did a quick search and saw R'nR Arizona is the same weekend, but wondering if people knew of others?

If you have kids, the Carlsbad Half Weekend is a good deal. Its the same weekend as star wars. On saturday is the kids 1 mile run at legoland (actually runs through legoland for the entire mile) It comes with free admission for a kid and 50% off two adult admissions. Finisher's medal for kids. Sunday is the half. Separate finisher's medal for half. No other distances though. You do tend to get less of the "back of pack" runners from rundisney, but still a decent course time limit

Last edited:
I was thinking of maybe doing the Hot Chocolate race in SF the prior weekend. SWLS is the reason I haven't done it yet. The Carlsbad half sounds intersting too. I really hope the work out light side though. I'll be so sad if they dont.

This waiting is so hard. I never sign up for regular races so early but I check every day to see if registration has been announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter