Official 2019 Free Dining BB Watch

scrappinginontario

Since we're now about 3 weeks away from the next BB offer normally being offered, I figured it would be okay to start a new thread. (Searched but didn't find one existing yet.)

I'm normally in the 'For sure Free Dining (FD) will be offered as a bounceback (BB) camp!' but will admit this year I have a little less confidence.

Disney parks and accommodations appear to be doing well and with the recent addition of Toy Story Land plus the anticipated openings of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disney Skyliner, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway and more anticipated for later in 2019, my confidence in a FD BB is with a little less confidence this year.

Personally, I think we'll probably see a new FD BB offer come out in the next few weeks (around Aug 15) offering dates in Aug and Sep of 2019. What I'm less confident about is if we'll see any FD offered in Nov or Dec 2019.

The reason this offer is important even to those who may not be travelling in Aug-Oct 2018 (normally the dates that will be covered by the next BB) is that this offer is often a good indicator of what offer may be available to the General Public in the spring of 2019.

So, what are your thoughts? Who's in the wait with me?

We are checking in on August 15th so I will call when we arrive if nobody has reported the bb yet. Sometimes people can book it a few days early.

I’m hoping for Free dining, but I’ll most definitely book a room only discount instead for next August if one is available. :)

I do think FD will be available with a shift of dates. I agree, probably November/December will be out, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some FD dates earlier in the year. Maybe even a few dates in January/February?

I’m waiting and watching, too! We’ll be at POP for a short trip over Labor Day weekend and hope to book a bounceback for Nov. or Dec. 2019. In 2016 when Free Dining was released as a Bounceback we made a trip down just to book it. Turned out to be a great deal since we also got the Caribbean Beach gift card. Thanks for starting this thread!

Friends, I'm betting nada for November December next year on FD. We will be happy with any fd at POR August September. If none come we will switch to the Boardwalk with a discount.

I’m hoping for a BB for free dining for December! I’ve convinced my family on one more trip to Disney, but only if it’s for Christmas. We’ve been every year in September for the last 4 and desperately hoping for one last trip!

Thanks for starting this thread! I too am hoping there will be a Free Dining next year. We might even make the trip to Orlando to book FD bounce back; we don't want to live the pain of "patiently" waiting for rumours in March/April 2019 :rolleyes1 For me, given that FD was offered to UK residents until November 2019, I think it's safe to say that November and December 2019 will be included; it seems that this have been the trend in the last 3-4 years or so.

What I'm curious to know are which dates will be offered, if any, after Thanksgiving in November; in the last 2 years, FD started on the Saturday after. Looking at next year's calendar Thanksgiving is on the very last week so does it mean that we'll see something like November 30 - December 3, 2019? Isn't the first week of December Pop Warner and usually no FD dates are offered that week? Can't wait to find out what the bounce back will be:D

We have a quick (surprise!) trip booked at the end of August. (@pixie_mtl convinced myself I could book this for exactly the same reason you're hoping to do a quick trip down if FD is offered!) IF FD is offered, I'm going to secure something for Sept 2019 and then look at my options.

We'll be going back in December of this year and I'm considering upgrading our passes to Annual Passes as we have an 8 day trip booked for Dec of this year and then will be booking something in the range of 8-10 days in Aug/Sept of 2019.

Will run the numbers and see if it looks like a FD BB (if it's even offered) is a better option for us or, APs with a room discount. My daughter will be 10 next year so it's quite a jump in the price of her dining plan. I'm guessing a FD offer at Pop will be more savings than a room discount + annual passes.

All this is pure speculation though until we see what is offered in the next BB. :)

Last year, FD BB was announced on Friday, 8/11/17. I have a reminder in my calendar to call on Friday, 8/10 to see if the new BB offer is available.

I have a feeling I might miss it as Disney is anything but predictable. I check out on the 12th.

However, I’m actually ok with it if I miss it. We’re (finally!) planning to head west to DL next summer.

Hi everyone came over here from the free dining thread. We got free dining for our trip this sept for a week (yay!). Anyway we have a DCL cruise planned for october 2019 and are planning to hit the parks a few days before the cruise. Right now we have a room only booked but I'm hoping for a bounce back. Seeing from others thoughts Nov/Dec will (almost) definitely be out and i'm thinking October will probably be out too. But jumping on board to follow!

Hi everyone came over here from the free dining thread. We got free dining for our trip this sept for a week (yay!). Anyway we have a DCL cruise planned for october 2019 and are planning to hit the parks a few days before the cruise. Right now we have a room only booked but I'm hoping for a bounce back. Seeing from others thoughts Nov/Dec will (almost) definitely be out and i'm thinking October will probably be out too. But jumping on board to follow!

I don't think there have been any Oct dates including in bounceback for a couple years now. If cruise is at the beginning of Oct, you might get lucky with a stay starting in Sept.

I don't think there have been any Oct dates including in bounceback for a couple years now. If cruise is at the beginning of Oct, you might get lucky with a stay starting in Sept.

Ah ok thanks for the info. We've never done a bounce back before so this is all new information for me. Thanks for the heads up!

I think you’re right. I had FD back on 10/1/15. That might have been the last October FD was offered. We were lucky to get it for a short four day, three night stay - which I also believe they no longer do. I think the minimum is five days now.

My trip planning involves pages and pages of spiral notebooks. Today I finished one and looked back through it. I saw that in 2016 the Free Dining Bounceback for 2017 dates was released on August 1. So hopefully our questions will be answered soon! 2016 realease date was Aug. 1 and 2017 realease date was Aug. 11. What will it be for 2018?

I decided to book a BC BB when we stayed Poly last September, however we were not going to be able to travel those dates of the BB. So had to cancel then we ended up rebooking for dates only about 3 weeks earlier than our BB!!! Oh well we switched out BC for GF and very excited it worked out anyway, I’m thinking if any BB is offered during our trip it will more than likely be a RO offer. I still plan to take advantage of that!!!

Jumped over from the free dining thread! We weren't even supposed to be going to DW this year, but got paranoid that this would be the last year for full free dining. So, did the FD experience at the crack of dawn when it dropped for a Dec. trip.......... again. Super interested to see what the BB offer is this time - thanks for starting this thread!

Jumped over from the free dining thread! We weren't even supposed to be going to DW this year, but got paranoid that this would be the last year for full free dining. So, did the FD experience at the crack of dawn when it dropped for a Dec. trip.......... again. Super interested to see what the BB offer is this time - thanks for starting this thread!

The offer that may or may not begin in Aug will not be the same offer you have in Dec. It changes again sometime in Nov.

The offer that may or may not begin in Aug will not be the same offer you have in Dec. It changes again sometime in Nov.
Oh, I know. But it might help indicate whether any free dining is being offered in 2019 - which means I will be watching closely (if it happens) to see if I need to plan another trip I had not intended to take!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter